Coronado Beach Resort
Hotel del Coronado(Coronado)
$389
Curio.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $480/night.

Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$188
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $284/night.

1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$319
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$225
$203
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$289
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $334/night.

Coronado Inn(Coronado)
$179
Cherokee Lodge(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$199
Orbitz.com
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$221
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$529
$450
Official Hotel
  • Pool
All reviewsone bedroom unitacross the streetmurphy bedtime sharerooftop deckhot tub and saunathird floorsecure parkingsan diegowithin walking distancemini kitchenbeach chairsboogie boardsperfect locationtop floorstreet noisea great vacation
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Upon check in, I was assigned a room on the first floor; when I mentioned I was uncomfortable being on the first floor, I was immediately assigned a 2nd floor room, away from Orange Ave. It was so wonderful to be able to leave the windows open to the ocean breezes all day and nite. The one bedroom unit was spacious, immaculate, well stocked, and the service was superb. Anything I needed, was quickly attended to. I had trouble figuring out the DVD players and staff immediately came to the room to show me how to use them.

I did not rent a car while I was here, and walked a lot....if you take a beach walk around 8 am, near the high rises, you may see the Navy Seals working out...worth the early walk, as well as the solitude of so few people on the beach at that hour. The resort also provides "beach crusier" bikes,but I did not use them.

Easy to get to San Diego for sightseeing by either doing the "hop on hop off trolley" which picks up near the hotel, or take the foot ferry, an easy 2 miles walk or there is bus service to the ferry. The town is very clean, and charming and consists primarily of independent merchants who were all very friendly...very few chain stores....also about 6 blocks to a grocery store. Walks in the residential areas are beautiful as well, most everybody has lovely flower gardens. I highly recommend the historical tour that departs from the beautiful and historical Glorietta next door....the tour guide was fabulous and shared a lot of the history of Coronado as well as information about the Hotel Del Coronado.

Although there is no pool, you can take the shuttle to Loews, but must reserve in advance, it fills quickly. I did that one day and enjoyed a fabulous lunch and an afternoon on a louge chair at the pool. But after going there, and also touring the Del Coronado, it was nice to get back to the peaceful Coronado Beach Resort, and stop by and say hello to Cody in the lobby. He just says hello, never goodbye, and I was sad to have to say goodbye to him.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank sandi s
Lmartin777, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hi sandi s,
First and foremost, we're glad that we could accommodate a room change for you. We want all of our guests to enjoy their vacations comfortably. Our resort is so close to San Diego and Hotel Del Coronado. We're glad you had fun touring the town, the hotel, and visiting a few shops in the area. We aim to provide a very peaceful atmosphere for our guests, and with your recognition, we believe we did just that. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Leon Martin

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here the past two years in February with my family. We always rent two rooms. I was very happy with the accommodations the first year, and the service. This time, I was not happy with the way my reservations were changed by the resort at the last minute. I had called a couple of days before I arrived to confirm the rooms I was expecting to have, but when I got there, they had given away one of the rooms for the first night. Both rooms were to be side by side on the first floor. When we arrived on Saturday morning, I found this out. I was then asked to stay on the third floor, and move down to the original room on Sunday morning. It was a minor inconvenience, and we managed. I was just upset, and could not understand why they would have done that. Other than that it is a nice hotel for family visits to Coronado

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ImperialBeach
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice, quaint spot right across the street from the beach and hotel del. The roof deck with hottub had great views and the hot tub water temperature was perfect. The lounge chairs on the roof could have used cushions but the views from the roof and the atmosphere up there was great. When we checked in we wanted a room with balcony and the front desk employee was really helpful in picking out the best available room and let us check them out first. They have an arrangement with the Lowes resort about 4 miles south for using the pool and we went down there for a day and it was fantastic as well. The Coronado Beach Resort is right across the street from some great restaurants like Miguel's and Brigantines, and lots of great shops, ice cream shops, coffee shops down the street as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday night, booked our room through Expedia and booked a king room and were given queen room. We complained and were given a two bedroom with a queen and 2 singles??!?? Gave up arguing for the night and just went to bed. Next morning we complained and they found us a king room. This resort does not have regular housekeeping, this was unexpected. I enjoy going out for the day and returning to a freshly made bed, this does not happen at this resort. If you want your bed made, do it yourself!! Any questions we had about anything to do with Coronado were met with resounding "I don't knows" from the front desk staff even simple ones such as "do you know where I can get a pedicure?" ( right around the corner at BEPolished) Also, there are no supplies such as shampoo and conditioner in the rooms and when we requested them discovered they were out of hair conditioner. The Hot Tub and sauna were both broken during our trip and they were too lazy to even put a sign on the hot tub to indicate this fact, this was discovered by us after putting on our suits and trekking to the third floor and dipping my toe into the cold water :-(. Coronado is beautiful and I will definitely return, I will not stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Kyazon
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the Coronado Beach Resort the first week of April with our two sons and had a fabulous time. The location is perfect, just a two minute walk down to the beach, along the edge of the Hotel del Coronado. The Coronado Beach is beautiful and plenty LARGE enough, so no problems with trying to pick out a spot each day. The resort was very nice, one of our favorite things was all the beach toys, beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. that they provide for you in the lobby. Just pop by and grab what you need or want for the beach and go...oh, and they provide beach towels also. My husband and our boys loved the lounge with the pool table and ping pong, we spent time each day there playing pool and ping pong. Overall, we really liked the resort and it offered just what we were looking for on this vacation.

Room Tip: We chose a room that faces away from the ocean and Orange Ave, because they provide a quieter atmosphere. It puts you away from the all of the people walking on Orange Ave and the traffic. We had a very quiet room, no noise from neighboring units or outside.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Lmartin777, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hi Melissa L,
Thank you for reviewing the Coronado Beach Resort. We're thrilled to hear that your family had such a wonderful time. The lounge is always a great way to keep busy. We're glad your husband and children enjoyed playing pool and ping pong. We hope to welcome you all back soon!
Leon Martin