All reviews one bedroom unit across the street time share rooftop deck great location hot tub and sauna third floor secure parking san diego boogie boards beach chairs street noise free bikes walking distance del coronado sand toys coronado beach
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were unaware that this hotel is also part of the the time share industry and not sure if it related to our problems.
We(my wife & I, our daughter & her daughter & our son) arrived Thursday, June 28, 2012 First check-in was very slow. The desk clerk announced that we got the "last room"; which was not -comforting, since we had reserved & pre-paid weeks in advance. Also, we had requested, repetitively, prior to arrival with reservation agent (in writing) and desk attendant (verbally), to have a crib & a roll-away bed. When we checked in I did not mention these requests since I had mentioned them previously & hotel had excellent review. These items were not in our room. Arrived in two trips over an hour period.
Thursday evening my wife & daughter were in the lobbly when they witnessed a family being told upon check in that they were being re-located to a hotel 4 miles away. They said: we have pre-paid and have a family event in this area, that is why we chose this hotel. Uncertain what happened to them.
Friday morning around 10 am while out for breakfast the hotel called my cell to tell me we had to switch hotels & room accommodations to a studio from a one bedroom. It turned out to be a "hotel" mistake; they do not re-locate clients after registered. It was something to do with our reservation & the new 'reservation' computer system.
It was a unique, unpleasant experience. I could not recommend this hotel since our threat of hotel & room type change made me anxious the entire trip. Also, it seemed clear that the desk attendants were the bad news messengers & have/had no power to change the situation.

Room Tip: Do not stay there!
8  Thank JAMESBRANSON
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Great location, very relaxing! Staff is fantastic!! We love vacationing at the Coronado Beach Reasort!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night 2 adults and 2 teenagers, Eric at the front desk was amazing his kindness and going to extra mile to ensure our stay was pleasurable was outstanding. We stayed in the 1 bedroom condo the rooms are nice but a little outdated and small. The bed in the master bedroom however was awesome and extremely comfortable!! The hotel has everything you need for the beach at no cost, beach towels, beach toys, umbrellas and chairs. There are also bicycles on the property for guests to borrow to get around the island and sight see. The lobby was very cozy and offers complimentary coffee, tea and fresh fruit flavored available water for the guests and small snacks as well. I would definitely stay here again the location is great, customer service was probably the best I have experienced in a long time, and is a very short walk to the beach.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We've been staying at the Coronado Beach Resort for the past 19 years and will continue to stay there when we visit Coronado, Ca. This resort is contually upgraded and maintained so it always looks brand new. Additionally, it offers amenities not available at any other hotel or resort on
Coronado. The staff is excellent and very responsive to guests needs! Ask Shawna for pictures
of this beautiful resort.

Room Tip: We always stay in a room on the west side so we have ocean views and a view of Point Loma.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip G
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My weekend at Coronado Beach Resort was the perfect combination of relaxation and fun. My stay began by being greeted by the beautiful macaw in the front lobby. Also, the front lobby remained well stocked with coffee and tea, as well as beach supplies such as shovels and pails to borrow. Erick at the front desk was extremely helpful and checked me into my room early. He also provided information on nearby dining which did not disappoint.

The suite was huge and had a kitchenette, living room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The suite was well stocked with towels and dishes and the lobby provided beach towels which was very convenient.

My stay at the CBR was a great experience and I will definitely be back. Thank you CBR for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: View of the beach from our room!