All reviewsone bedroom unitacross the streettime sharerooftop deckgreat locationhot tub and saunathird floorsecure parkingsan diegoboogie boardsbeach chairsstreet noisefree bikeswalking distancedel coronadosand toyscoronado beach
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This Resort is is ideally located, close to shopping, restruants,and the Golf Course is four blocks away, The resort is100 yards from the ocean. Earick at the front desk went out of his way to make my vacation unforgetable. From the roof top patio you have a view of down town San Diego, Del Coronado and the Ocean. The property is extreamily clean, Miss Joana Jaimes and the rest of the staff keep my room extreamily confortable. I can't wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large sunny.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Raleigh W
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Besides the staff being extremely friendly and helpful (Thanks Michael and Erick!!), our condo was very comfortable, and had everything we needed. The location is great.....close to beach and within walking distance from shops and restaurants. The view from the roof-top patio, and from our private balcony, was amazing! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Coronado Island. Thanks for a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank debby b
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Great experience staying at the Coronado Beach Resort. They took care of all my needs. They provide extras such as bikes, boogie boards, beach chairs, coffee, wireless internet, jacuzzi, and computers. Erick at the front desk was fantastic! I'll be staying here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This little resort has some challenges. First of all, the location cannot be much better. Right on the end of Orange Avenue across from the del Coronado, and just 100 yards from the beach. The staff are wonderful, including Ms. Cody, the house Macaw, and the property is obviously extremely clean and very well maintained - you could almost eat off the garage floor! The rooftop deck, complete with BBQ, hot tub and sauna is a great place to spend the evenings and you could easily have a group party up there. We did, inviting friends from other resorts that were also in town. We also took advantage of their free beach cruisers and also the access to the Loews Resort which, while it is four miles away, it is well worth it. Now let me address the negatives. Like another reviewer, we had reserved a one-bedroom (advertised as a FULL one-bedroom), yet we were initially given a room that simply had a curtained-off section that was the "bedroom". If they had put a door on it, it would have been a very large walk-in closet as it did not have a window. When we told them that this was not acceptable, they initially told us that they did not have another option. However, when I asked them to find us a FULL on-bedroom at another resort, they mriraculously found a two-bedroom for us. While this worked, I should point out that it really was a FULL on-bedroom plus the same curtained-off section, not really a two-bedroom. They really should advertise these units as studios and one-bedrooms respectively. If you are thinking of staying there, you should also know that the kitchens are not really kitchens, but they do allow for making of coffee, tea, or a light breakfast, but little else. The real kicker which would prevent me from going back is the incessant street noise, particularly between 5 and 9 in the morning. If you go and you get a room on the street (our second room was), I suggest you stroll down to the Rite-Aid to pick up some earplugs.

Room Tip: Try to get up high to minimize the street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Gr8BritinUSA
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were very happy with our stay at Coronado Beach Resort. Minimal parking/internet/resort fee per day, which allowed us to borrow chairs, towels and toys for the beach. The room was immaculate and quiet. There is no cleaning daily, plan for towels & trash to be done on Tuesday, and thorough cleaning on Thursday. The staff was very professional and friendly. Shops and restaurants are all within walking distance, you never have to leave the Coronado oasis. The beach is a block away, and a beautiful walk past the very expensive Hotel Del Coronado. This was one of the best vacations we've had, reasonably priced and completely relaxing, We would come back any time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family