“Great place to stay on Coronado.”

Coronado Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Very nice resort in a great location. Excellent, friendly, helpful staff a real plus. Easy walking distance to restaurants, the beach, the Trolley Tour bus. Very nice 3rd floor deck with jacuzzi, gas BBQ, lounge chairs, and nice views of the Hotel Del Coronado, and Point Loma. Did a RCI exchange and got a studio. Note that RCI exchanges must pay a $12/day fee to cover parking, Internet connectivity, etc. Studio had queen-size Murphy bed which slept OK, altho' is situated sideways so inside sleeper may have difficulty getting in/out of bed. Rooms on Orange Ave have better views, but also get street noise from heavy traffic on Orange Ave.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fdm45

Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Coronado Beach Resort on our way home from Hawaii. We were there for five days. The resort is in a great location within walking distance of the beach, shopping, restaurants etc. We had a one bedroom unit which is good for two people but would be a little crowded for more unless it was parents with small children. We had company over twice (not to sleep) and it was comfortable.

The staff is extremely friendly, including Cody the bird who almost always says, "Hello" when you enter the lobby or when you're just standing around. Cody stood on my arm and was just a doll and quite funny.

The resort has quite a few activities which was impressive in comparison to larger resorts we've stayed at that have less. We didn't get to enjoy them since we were busy doing other things but fun none the less.

The resort is clean and has a great view from the barbecue/hot tub area. The view from the room was nice as we had a slight view of San Diego but mostly of other buildings and a wall.

I rated cleanliness and room a 4 because the bathroom needs some attention to detail but it was clean and doesn't have a vanity so we had to use two glass shelves for our toiletries. Overall a nice unit though.

I would recommend this resort when in the Coronado/San Diego area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lakelovinglady
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I recently stayed at the Coronado Beach Resort for 2 nights just to get away and have a mini vacation. The experience was just what I needed to relax and catch my breath. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful! The property was beautiful and well maintained! The rooms were wonderful! I couldn't have asked for anything better... and you can't beat the location! I will definitely return... everyone made me feel very welcome. I will absolutely be recommending this resort to friends!!
Keep up the great work Coronado Beach Resort!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank margretmarie
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I read a couple of reviews amid the many positive reviews that they were "upgraded" to the Coronado Beach Resort's sister property, Loews Coronado Bay Resort, but I disregarded them because we would be staying in the middle of the week in mid-January. However, as soon as I tried to check in, I was handed a letter of apology and told that several rooms received water damage all of a sudden and we got "upgraded" too, despite having prepaid through Expedia. So I can't speak to this resort, but instead of being able to stay at the perfect location, right across the street from the Hotel Del Coronado, we instead had to stay four miles down a highway where the speed limit is 65 mph at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It was close to nothing but the beach and closer to Chula Vista than all the shops and restaurants we'd hoped to be walking distance from. I don't know for what or why, but the whole process seemed shady. Maybe they don't get enough guests at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort and this helps them balance it out...? I find that hard to believe, but I just had the feeling that the front desk clerk wasn't being honest with me.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank deanichiban
Lmartin777, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Mr. Ichiban,
Thank you for your review. Your relocation to Loews Coronado Bay Resort was an unfortunate necessity due to water damage in a few of our units. In late December, San Diego experienced a high level of rainfall and the resort experienced some water intrusion that needed our immediate attention. I regret that the front desk agent came across disingenuous when describing the maintenance issue however I ensure you that it was real. Our resort in its ideal location runs 90+ percent year round, so at times when we run into maintenance needs we do our best to relocate guest to comparable locations. I would really like the opportunity to make it up to you and your family the next time you plan to visit the San Diego area. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Leon Martin
619-522-6000

Reviewed January 27, 2011

If you are looking for a weekend getaway, close to shopping, close to the beach, and get that small town feel, while still being close to nightlife in San Diego, then this is the hotel for you! They have free bike rentals, DVD rentals, high speed internet, and it's located walking distance from restaurants, shops, the beach, and more! I recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet vacation...or even a nice hotel near San Diego (but far enough away so the noise of the city doesn't keep you awake).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank celticphoenix283
Reviewed January 13, 2011

OK, first I will say I own at this timeshare. I come here the 2nd week of every January. This time of year the crowds have gone and what remains is spectacular weather, great restaurants, Hotel Del is across the street and if it get to slow....San Diego is across the bay.

I have stayed at many timeshares. I have never been to one that works so hard to suggest entertainment. The front desk is polite at all hours of the day or night. Rooms are re-freshened 3 times a week. The resort has been recently redone and is kept spotless. A small spa/ Bar B Q area is on the top (3rd) floor, no pool is onsite. You can use the pool at Loews 4 miles away.

The Lobby is warm and friendly with 24/7 coffee and tea. The mainstay of the lobby is "Cody" the resident bird who, if she likes you, will allow you to hold her on your arm.

This crown jewel is a small resort with location, location ,location. Walking distance to most businesses with the trolley and bus also passing by the front steps.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank flygirltoo
Reviewed January 7, 2011

The Coronado Beach Resort offers a new and more sociable take on staying in hotels. We booked through ResortTime.com, where fully-equipped condos in more than 300 locations worldwide are available for time-share or rental.

The resort is more than just a room. The friendly lobby offers self-serve hot drinks and an afternoon snack of fresh-popped corn. Cody, a brilliantly-coloured parrot, squawks his welcome. Daily activities keep guests happily occupied.

Across the street, the celebrated Hotel Del Coronado, a sprawling pile of white clapboard, red-tiled cupolas and high-rise apartments, was established in 1888. We skip the $15 history tour and opt for the Del’s heritage Boat House for an authentic seafood supper.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple