“A great surprise”
Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My daughters picked this restaurant, and I have to confess that after the concierge at our hotel discouraged us from going there, I was a little hesitant. All I can say is that the concierge is doing a disservice to guests of the hotel by not directing them here. The service was impeccable, and the food was delicious. My family of 6 all enjoyed our meals, and that is not an easy feat to accomplish.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

If you like IPA beers, this place has a variety of them and all priced reasonably. Our server, Austin, was delightful. The potato chips are homemade. The chicken sandwich and the braised beef sliders were tasty. Nothing fancy, and no outdoor seating, but it was a nice place for a beer and a bite. Was not a fan of the fruity iced tea - prefer regular tea. They do offer some regular beers for those of us that don't care for hoppy IPA's. Austin was a great server and as darling as could be. I am sure my granddaughters would have been happy to dine here too.

1  Thank whocareswhoiam
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stopped at the Del Coranado and wanted to get out for a walk. We stumbled across The Tavern 3 mins away and were not disappointed. Great selection of beers and good value food.Their fish and chips were excellent. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was at the Del on business and looking for a close casual place. You almost walk past the Tavern as it is a step down into the bar. The menu is very good...opted for crab cakes and Brussel sprouts..which were both very good. Great atmosphere...would go back the next time.

1  Thank Deborah R
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Walked into this restaurant on our first night in Coronado and we were very pleased we did. 2 Kids, 2 Adults, no problem getting a table at 8:30 on a Friday night (shocking as it was that good). Great wine and beer selection (mostly micro which I'm not a huge fan of), but the waiter made good suggestions and we were not disappointed. Great flat iron taco app, followed by a halibut taco app, short rib slider app and a beet and wedge salad. All very good. Kids food came out and it was tasty for them. All in all, very good meal for 4 with drinks at a reasonable price and great service. Will be heading back before we leave. This is the type of local place that you want to find that other tourists haven't!

Been to The Tavern? Share your experiences!