“Great Place”
Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 100 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
delaware
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

On a recent trip to Coronado we had the pleasure of eating at the Tavern. It was late on a Sunday night and we wanted a bite to eat and some drinks and there were not a ton of choices at the late hour. We had noticed The Tavern earlier in the day becasue of the interesting signage. We are so glad that we wandered back by. The atmosphere and decor at the Tavern are wonderful. There is a small outdoor seating area on the street level and you then go down about 10 steps to enter the main restaurant. Sitting on the steps leading down were bell jars with candles inside, this is a restaurant that pays attention to the little details. We were sat by a gentlemen named John who turned out to be the owner. We had a great conversation about the building history,decor, food choices and beer. The restaurant serves "comfort food" and while that is not normally what I am looking for when near the beach it was so delicious I forgot where I was. Since it was late we decided to order a few things to share and we choose the corn chowder, mac n cheese and chicken pot pie. All of them were wonderful. The mac n cheese and pot pie were served in cast iron crocks and we fought over the last bites. Our server Austin was very friendly and attentive - granted it was late but there were other tables eating and several people came in for drinks during our visit. We enjoyed our time at The Tavern so much we came back for drinks the next night to watch a baseball game. My only regret about The Tavern is that we live 3,000 miles away - we'd love for it to be our local bar here in Delaware. Can't wait for a return to Coronado, The Tavern will be one of our first stops!

• Visited June 2013

• Slovak first
Scottsdale
“Delightful Lunch!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff at this restaurant made this one of the most delightful meals we had during a week-long stay in Coronado, even though we went for a casual lunch. Everyone working had a smile on their face and a spring in their step. We enjoyed very chilly beers, delicious sandwiches, sweet potato tots, and salad. Would highly recommend this spot!

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They focus on what they do well”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Every time my boyfriend and i walk by we say that we really need to try this place. We were so upset that we waited so long to finally stop in. The food is great. they have a limited menu but every item we had as amazing, We started with onion rings, they were awesome, The batter as great and thick slice onions. My boyfriend had the chicken pot pie which the smell made my mouth water, The crust was perfect and you could smell the butter and just looked amazing. Then my shepherds pie came out and wow that was the best i have ever had, (if you like shepherds pie you need to taste this one)

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“So Glad I Stopped In”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Staying at the Del but didn't want to spend $15 on a watered down drink to watch a Spurs game. This place caught my eye just off property because there were 3 TVs, a few seats open at the bar, and it looked interesting. I wasn't so sure about going subterranian but thought I'd give it a try. What a great gem! Friendly staff. Good food. And despite being partially below sidewalk level, it was very airy and open. Really cool decor and vibe yet welcoming for groups of families and friends. The only thing that would make it 5 stars in my book is a little more creativity with the menu. It offers standard fare of burgers, sandwiches, salads and some mains like fish-n-chips and pot pie. I have to give it 5 stars for the drinks. When they say "fresh juice" in a cocktail, they really mean freshly squeezed right in front of you. Martinis are served up in a creative way too. I'll definitely be back on my next visit.

• Visited May 2013
bloomfield hills, mi
“Incredible Onion Rings!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent Saturday afternoon lunch location! The adult beverages were perfect pours. The waiter was very nice. The food was GREAT!!!! My daughter loved the fish and chips. My son clearly enjoyed the jalapeno burger. I enjoyed every single onion ring and one of the best Greek salads I had ever had. Planning on going back when we visit again in August.

• Visited May 2013

Been to The Tavern? Share your experiences!