“So Glad I Stopped In”
Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Staying at the Del but didn't want to spend $15 on a watered down drink to watch a Spurs game. This place caught my eye just off property because there were 3 TVs, a few seats open at the bar, and it looked interesting. I wasn't so sure about going subterranian but thought I'd give it a try. What a great gem! Friendly staff. Good food. And despite being partially below sidewalk level, it was very airy and open. Really cool decor and vibe yet welcoming for groups of families and friends. The only thing that would make it 5 stars in my book is a little more creativity with the menu. It offers standard fare of burgers, sandwiches, salads and some mains like fish-n-chips and pot pie. I have to give it 5 stars for the drinks. When they say "fresh juice" in a cocktail, they really mean freshly squeezed right in front of you. Martinis are served up in a creative way too. I'll definitely be back on my next visit.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent Saturday afternoon lunch location! The adult beverages were perfect pours. The waiter was very nice. The food was GREAT!!!! My daughter loved the fish and chips. My son clearly enjoyed the jalapeno burger. I enjoyed every single onion ring and one of the best Greek salads I had ever had. Planning on going back when we visit again in August.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm so glad we decided to stop into this place. Yes, it's sort of a tavern, but more of a restaurant. The service was prompt, and the food was GREAT. I mean Really Great! If you like grilled cheese sandwiches, you've got to try theirs ... It was the most amazing and unique one ever-- and oh so yummy.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I first looked at this place, I was worried but the staff was friendly and the menu was varied. I loved the food. The Sweet Potato Tots were my favorite.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stopped here on our first trip out to Coronado Island and were happy with what we found with venturing down the stairs. The reclaimed rustic feel to the place was great, and it manages to still be nice and airy with high ceilings and large open windows to the street. We ended up splitting a burger and fries and the staff was nice enough to cut it and prepare it on two separate plates in the kitchen rather than us awkwardly doing it at the table. It was quiet when we arrived and became busier as the afternoon went on. We were pleased with our great find and the price was right too.

Been to The Tavern? Share your experiences!