New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 3 Coronado B&B and Inns
Wildomar, California
“Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I wanted to rent a room for 2 nights at this B&B. On one of the nights the occupants were to be 2 adults and one child, on the 2nd night it was to be just 2 adults. This proved too difficult of a task for the person who answers the phones to take reservations. I was assured a member of the hotel staff would contact me to complete my reservation. For 2 days now, I have not received a single phone call. I have called the number listed several times and the last time I asked to please make sure I was contacted back by close of business that day. Still NOTHING. I was also told that there were rooms available for the time I was requesting. How does this place expect business if they cannot return a simple phone call?

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Shelley P, Manager at Cherokee Lodge, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
My sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your service experience. I did not receive your message. If I had, you would have gotten an immediate response. Please contact me Sunday through Thursday from 7:00 to 2:00 pm PST so I can take care of this for you. Our toll free number is 877-743-6213 or via email at info@cherokeelodge.com. Again, my sincere apology for this mis-communication.

Shelley Pickenpaugh, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Avondale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I didn't realize I could write a review so easily on Cherokee Lodge or I would have done so much sooner than now. When I discovered I could share my experience, I just had to write a review to say how wonderful our stay was at Cherokee Lodge. My husband and I visited Coronado in July of 2010 (not 2011) along with our 2 dogs. The owners welcomed us warmly and ensured our stay was as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

The bed and breakfast is very clean and has all the amenities needed to feel at home away from home. There was a refrigerator in the room and a microwave in the communal kitchen along with a washer and dryer. There is also free WiFi, which is a requirement for all of our vacations. We definitely needed these amenities to fully enjoy our stay in Coronado. The bed and breakfast is also in close proximity to local stores and restaurants as well as the beach-walking distance for individuals on vacation with their dogs.

The breakfast passes for Panera Bread were excellent for our morning nourishment and coffee needs, and is located just around the corner from Cherokee Lodge. It was so nice to have the experience and feeling of staying at home away from home. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Coronado again. A tip for anyone who wants to stay at Cherokee Lodge is that booking early is the key to ensuring en suite bathroom amenities and larger room size.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We needed three rooms during 2011 ADA at San Diego Convention Center. This B&B Was an excellent option. Only ten minutes away. We used the water taxi which dropped us off right at the hall. Also used it for easy transport to Padres game at Petco Park. The location is charming and the owner helpful. Our strolls along Orange street in Coronado have been magical. Everyone smiles in this town. I'd return at any opportunity to enjoy this again. The beach is less than two blocks, easy walk.

• Stayed June 2011
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Horrible, one step up from camping. Room was basic, bathroom so tiny could hardly turn around, No plugs to speak of one in the bathroom and one behind the bed that you can not reach, TV so small you could miss it with no channels to speak of, No maid service unless you ask and then at the end they want additional money left in a envelope for the maid service. Insufficient light in the room always dark, They gave us a breakfast cert for Panerra Bread for certain breakfast items which when we visited Panerra they were out of everything except bagel and coffee, No Parking!!! To top it off we were sitting on the patio at 10:pm one holiday evening and were told to keep it down they had complaints, even though the owners were up every moring early waking us up with their talking. SO NOT WORTH THE MONEY, one step up from camping spend the money and go somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We had our wedding at this small B&B last month & all 34 of us are still talkiing about how perfect it was. This is due in large part to Ed, Phyllis & Bear who not only treated us like family, but provided their amazing storybook setting. They took customer service to a new level & we've already booked our next trip. This is an excellent place to have a small group vacation!

Stayed October 2009
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Ok I am biased, because I literally grew up in the house, but there is nothing better than being able to come home 30 yrs later and stay in your old bedroom - when your parents no longer own the place :-) I actually was here a few years further back but send as many people by as possible. We plan our own trip back hopefully this December. This is a great example of a Cat's Ear victorian, and people who know and love its history.

Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank dogdebt
cincinnati, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Just came back from a 3-night stay at the Cherokee Lodge when we went to Coronado for a wedding, and it was very nice. Not sure what the other reviewer has to complain about because had he checked the B&B's website, he would have seen from the pictures and video exactly what it would be. That's what we did! The place was nice and clean and the owner and his daughter were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms might have been smallish, but why are you spending much room in the room when you are on Coronado? The beach was wonderful. The towels in OUR room were very plush and good. Nothing shabby as was implied in the other review. We used breakfast vouchers for Panera which was only a block away. There were beach towels provided for us, and they were able to loan us beach chairs and an umbrella, and later a hair dryer when I realized I had not packed one. The owner even picked us up from and took us to the ferry, which was a perk I was not expecting. Very friendly, very polite, very helpful. Great place to stay. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple