“Terrible service, awful food, bartender full of attitude.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Coronado Firehouse Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Coronado Firehouse Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Oceanside, California
“Terrible service, awful food, bartender full of attitude.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

So disappointed. Have been here before and had a wonderful experience and dinner.This time was quite the opposite. We went in for lunch and were seated at a table in the bar area.. So we waited and waited....and waited....and waited. I finally asked the host if there were any servers working, so she goes over to the bar and asks her supervisor (the bartender) to send someone over. He looks at me, throws his hands up in the air, then stretches them out to the sidse, to show me that the bar was full and then said "we're busy". At which time I said," so you are too busy to send a server to the table.If that's the case, we will leave." Server comes over, we place our order, I hand her the Restaurant.com certificate which clearly states "valid Sunday-Thursday" no exceptions listed. She tells me she won;t be able to use the certificate cause it's Sunday and there are football games on. At which time I point out that it does not say that you can not use it when there are football games on. And that if that is the case, then Sunday should not be an inclusive date since football games will be on for the next 5 months all day long on Sunday. She takes the certificate, rolls her eyes and says she'll see what her supervisor says, again the bartender. I told her that if they would not accept it, do not put our order in, because we will go elsewhere.5 minutes later, she comes back with one of the two drinks that we order and says "it's all good".

So finally, the food comes. Disgusting. I ordered a BBQ Chicken Pizza that I would lay money on that it is a frozen pizza. Dough was still raw on parts. My husbands burger come well done, when he ordered it medium. No one comes over to check on us, until we are done. We ask for our check and that takes quite a while to get. Full price, the Restaurant. com discount not taken. So yet another few minutes to straighten it out.

This is a restaurant that is in desperate need of a good manager. If the owner can't find one, then he should be present. Good food and service should not go out the window because you are busy. The owner & manager should go to Q's in Oceanside and see firsthand how to run a sports bar/restaurant on Sundays during football season. They always deliver good food, good service. Their staff is trained well and they leave their attitudes at the door. We spend every Sunday there last year to watch our team play. Never had a bad experience. I am not connected to Q's in anyway other that being a patron, but since I have extensive experience in the business, I can recognize when one takes pride in what they do and the food they put out. Coronado Firehouse Bar & Grill, does not deliver either of those. If I was the manager of that restaurant, I would have fired the bartender on the spot. He should go back to the gym and press a few more. That seems to be all that he is good at.

We will never return to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

Lancaster, California
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

great tasting food, fair prices, speed of service could use a liitle help, service not very fast and there wasn't very many people

Visited August 2013
Charlevoix, Michigan
“Not a bad burger.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Can't say anything bad about this place. It was the only place on a Friday night that had tables available. Burgers we cooked correctly and tasted pretty good.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, TX
“Great food, affordable prices, very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We ate here in July and had a really nice meal. I had fish and chips and my wife had one of the house specialties. Both meals tasted great and the prices were very affordable. If you are on Coronado Island, we highly recommend this restaurant. We ate on the patio since the temperatures were pleasant which added to the experience/ambiance. We will definitely come back here again.

• Visited July 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Coronado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a great little place to explore, lovely beach and this firehouse grill is brilliant can eat outside, good food and drink

Visited October 2012