“Fun and Informative!”

The Gondola Company
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: The Gondola Company is your Passport to Italy. Indulge in all the magic and tradition of Venice right here in San Diego as you gently cruise in a private gondola through the enchanting canals of the Coronado Cays. Whether it’s a relaxing journey or a romantic adventure, each cruise is A Truly Memorable Experience.
Bakersfield, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun and Informative!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Mateo was our fantastic guide. He knew so much about the boat (actually from Venice) and who lived in which HUGE home on the bay. He also knew other details like the crime rate in the area (none!)

It is an hour tour ride, you can even go if it is drizzly. The rain held off for us though. We chose the chocolate covered strawberries rather than the anitpasti. They were quite good. My kids liked them too.

We also really enjoyed seeing what everyone named their boat---very quippy.

We weren't ready for dinner when we were done, so we rented a surrey and rode around the area. You can rent them in the office where you rent the Gondolas.

1 Thank mlaw1970

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wedding proposal”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

such a romantic place!it was a very nice surprise for my girlfriend...i wanted to do something special and it was more than that!!i proposed here and she say..YES! i am the most blessed man in the world!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Dorin R
Quantico, Virginia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Unique Anniversary experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I did this for our 1 year anniversary. It was something unique and fun. We had a good time. Brought our own champagne and got the chocolate dipped strawberries. The guy in charge of our gondola sang us a few songs which was great! I would say that the ride felt a little short though. All in all, I don’t think we would do this again, just because I think it is too pricey for what you get. Maybe if a nice bottle of wine and nicer dessert was included-(like two slices of cheesecake for example). There were only 5/6 strawberries on the plate and WE provided the champagne. It was $115 for us because I wanted to do our ride at sunset. So that’s $57 per person. It’s a tad bit cheaper if you go earlier, but not by a lot.

1 Thank emmam731
Coronado, California, United States
“A must do”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love this!!. The gondolas are just so gorgeous and the ride very romantic. Columbo gave us the full experience. He even sang the most beautiful Italian song. I highly recommend this to everyone. This was my second time. We are now planning on gong every year as our anniversary

San Diego, California, United States
“Our first yr anniversary”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Cole aka Columbo was fabulous and made a magical evening doubly special. We want to do this every year on our Anniversary. Or peaceful foray into the cays with Cole at the helm made for an evening we will always treasure.

Visited August 2012