“Fabulous burgers”

Burger Lounge
Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: The Burger Lounge ethos is centered on creating a burger you can feel better about eating. It begins with 100% fresh single source American grass fed beef. We believe that a hamburger should not only taste great, it should also utilize healthy ingredients produced in a sustainable environment. Burger Lounge offers a simple menu utilizing the mindful procurement of ingredients that appeal to health conscious diners, vegetarians, salad lovers and those simply “hankering for a great hamburger.” We take the time to know our growers and producers. These partners share our values of authenticity and simplicity. They care deeply about the quality of their products and environmental stewardship. It means better and more nutritious food for our guests. Our burgers, from The Lounge Burger made with fresh 100% grass-fed beef; to the Free-Range Turkey Burger made with Shelton Farms turkey; to the Organic Quinoa Veggie Burger created from organic quinoa, brown rice, zucchini, garbanzo, carrot, corn, and chipotle; are offered with organic American cheese or organic aged white cheddar, fresh or grilled onion, crisp lettuce, fresh tomato and house-made 1000 Island dressing. Finally, our Lounge Bun, made with a blend of organic wheat and white flour with a hint of molasses delivers the perfect combination of flavor, texture and temperature. You can also enjoy fine dining quality, truly healthy salads. Not your normal “burger joint salads,” these formidable and nutritionally robust salads include baby romaine, kale, spinach, arugula, organic quinoa, grilled corn, zucchini, red onion, jicama, tomato and a choice of house-made dressings. Fresh-cut French fries, house-made onion rings, scratch-made dipping sauces and simple desserts round out a perfect menu for any appetite.Since we opened the first Burger Lounge in 2007, we believe that it is about “doing a common thing uncommonly well.” As a small but fast growing restaurant organization, we represent a new take on an industry that has long suffered from gimmickry, poor quality, over processed food products and inadequate guest service. We embrace these genuine ideals and mindful environmental practices throughout our organization.With the opening of our Del Mar location in April of 2013 and a late Spring opening of Brentwood in Los Angeles, Burger Lounge continues to satisfy Southern California diners’ and their insatiable appetite for affordable hand-crafted food and superior guest service.
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We got burgers to go and they were fantastic. Grass fed beef is the only way to go!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We decided to stop here for dinner as everyone was in the mood for a good burger. We had eaten here during our last visit to Coronado and this trip did not disappoint. The burgers are outstanding, grass feed meat with fresh toppings. Try the italian dressing on the burger. Really adds a nice kick. Also, try the half and half. It is a half order of onion rings and half order of fries. It is enough for two to split. Really good. Only reason I give it only a four out of five is that the place is pretty small and can get really crowded. Service is outstanding - especially for an island restaurant.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Burger was good, fries were good. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I like to go to a restaurant that is pretty much stress free where they seat you. I don't like going somewhere where you have to literally fight for a table. That is the case with Burger Lounge. It's basically find your own seat. Can't find one among the horde? Then you are SOL. Our family of four went on a Saturday and it was a zoo. We ended up sitting at one of their tiny two people tables and just managed because our boys are still young but it was still a tight fit and uncomfortable. It was interesting watching other families scrambling to get tables recently vacated and still filled with the others dirty plates and drink cups. I thought for sure with all these people eating there, the burgers would be outstanding. I was not impressed with the burger I ordered and received. I love grilled onions and when I lifted the bun, it looked like sauerkraut from a can. A very small dollop of it on the burger. The meat itself is very bland with hardly any flavor or seasonings. I think a Whopper from Burger King has more taste. I did like the texture of the meat though. You could tell it was quality and not like some rubbery cheap ground. My husband has been to the Burger Lounge before and he said it was great the first time he went. He said it may have been an off day. I plan to try again on a less busy day and see if it is any better.

2  Thank Shar39
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We went there based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. It was memorial weekend and we expected it to be busy/ There was a line at the register, but the cashier was quick, friendly and efficient!

The other readers were right, they have a limited menu, but when it tastes so good, I see no reason to add more. The burger was made to order. The patty was thick and juicy, tasted very fresh. The 1/2 and 1/2 fries/onion rings were great as was the chocolate milk shake.

The restaurant is small, it was crowded with no seating, but two sweet young girls offered to share their table with us. The waitress walks around offering to refill drinks. Couldn't ask for more. I was craving their burger when I got home, checked on their website and so bummed they're not in my area.

Been to Burger Lounge? Share your experiences!