“Fantabulous!!! Don't pass this place up...”

Lil' Piggy's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Located on Coronado's Ferry Landing, Lil' Piggy's Bar-B-Q brings all the flavor of a Memphis Style barbecue straight to San Diego. Inspired by a family tour through the most notable BBQ joints in Memphis, the Carolinas, Kansas City and more-Lil' Piggy's is a locally-owned concept, offering authentic specialties, blues music, spectacular park and bay views, and 100 varieties of beer to choose from.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Where do I start, our waitress was awesome, very professional, courteous, and always there before we needed another drink. the manager/owner came out and personally talked with us, and thanked us for coming in. He made it a point to go to every table and chat with the customers. The food was awesome, make no mistake it's great! My favorite was an appetizer called Lil Piggy's Poppers, jalapenos with cheese stuffed inside, bacon wrapped around the outside and fried up, we were there during happy hour and the appetizers on that day were 50% off, so I had 5 of them for $3.50...they were so good, we went back a second time before leaving the area. All the food here is great and the staff are super friendly and quick. When I get back that way I will definitely be eating there more than once, and the prices are better than most restaurants in the area. Don't pass this little place up, it's amazing!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great food for the price. Have not had this quality of pulled pork and brisket outside of the Southern State. Gotta check it out.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The smokiness of the pulled pork was delicious, but the sauce was so sweet it was like pouring pancake syrup on it. I usually like sweeter sauce, but this was WAY too sweet. Cole slaw was tasty. Eating anything while overlooking San Diego Bay is wonderful.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a very enjoyable Sunday lunch. Only available table was in the direct sun. We took it with the understanding that we would move as soon as a shaded table became available. It did almost immediately. As I watched other's disdain for the unshaded table, I couldn't help but wonder if the cost of another umbrella was worth the customers' reactions. My grandson's pulled chicken plate provided generous, tasty portions. My wife enjoyed her barbecue bacon burger. I ordered the beef brisket. I failed to specify chopped or sliced, but didn't realize it until the chopped arrived. While it was tasty, it had way too much fat mixed in. Precisely why I would have ordered sliced. Thesalad I ordered as a side was excellent.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a little hole-in-the-wall type place. We went on a day trip to Coronado. It's close to the ferry landing there and is also easily accessible by car. The food is good, not great. They do have a good variety on the menu. Everyone in my party seemed to really like their food. I would definitely recommend it, but don't expect more from it than what it is.