“Gorgeous place for a nice walk” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Coronado
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A mere two-mile drive from cosmopolitan, downtown San Diego, across one of the world's most distinctive bridges, is Coronado Island - a world away. Developed in 1888 as a beach resort town, and home to the famous Hotel del Coronado, the island is blessed with one of the finest beaches in the world and bathed in endless sunshine. Coronado today is a vibrant beach community loaded with charm.
Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gorgeous place for a nice walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Decided to take a boat across to Coronado island for a walk along the beach and boy I was not disappointed. There are small shops and a few restaurants to see and oh yeah the beach! The water views were awesome. I have been to San Diego before but never to here. I was very glad I made the trip. There is a great seafood restaurant there you have to try. Just a great place for a sunny afternoon visit. Oh and the Hotel Del Coronado is there, the place from the movie Some like it Hot! Just a great place all around.

Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Utica, New York
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“I'd live there if I could afford it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

It's true, I came back home to New York and looked up the cost of a condo on Coronado. Alas it's mostly retired admirals that live there. But perhaps it's better to just be able to visit. It doesn't feel like San Diego. Lovely street of shops, good restaurants in town. And of course the Del for brunch. I enjoyed biking along the beach and watching the water birds and the Navy Seals as they worked out. January wasn't exactly beach weather but I sat out on the beach anyway and just relaxed with my toes in the sand. it's a gorgeous beach. Definitely a great place to go and get de-stressed. I noticed a number of RV's parked in areas along the beach. Maybe that's the way to afford to live there. I certainly will be back as often as I can. By the way, I was alone after a business trip most of the time I was there and never had that "woman alone" feeling. I always felt welcome but comfortable.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MarilynUtica_NY
DeForest, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Peace on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

What can be said more about Coronado beach...peace/hope and the love of the open sea! This one of the seven wonders of the world. If you haven't been their you need to put Coronado Island on your bucket list!

Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Coronado, Her Best Kept Secret.....?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Westways
October 2009 issue, Volume 14, Number 7
Re: Day-Trip to Coronado

Thank you for not mentioning this place on Coronado Peninsula that has an upscale resort, three high end restaurants, a trendy village of shops, a pristine public beach, plus ctaft-beer and pizza joints.
Also, a most spectacular view of our curved bridge and the best view of San Diego sky line between Hilton Hotel and the moored USS Midway. We appreciate your article not telling the public about our little hideaway at Coronado. We locals love it that way.

Cordially,
Jon Le
San Diego

Visited October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nice views, great community”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I always have to stop at Coronado island. Nice little community, great stores, restaurants and bars. Go over the bridge into a different lifestyle