“Great way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Segway of Coronado

Segway of Coronado
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: A super fun alternative to a walking tour, you learn to ride a Segway and have a great tour around the historic and beautiful parts of Coronado, California. THE best day of our 5 days in San Diego!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We love Segway tours & this one was good! With one exception, the leader (the owner of the company) of the segway tour was grumpy with his employees the entire time, all of us got tired of his critical comments to his employees, but we choose to tune him out & enjoy the views, the town & the ride.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank dayoffGeorgia
efforts, Owner at Segway of Coronado, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Wow, I’m so sorry you perceived my demeanor as “Grumpy and Critical” but Thank You for your positive review of our tour. We all work very hard to make sure everybody enjoy themselves on our tours and it is always satisfying when we hear positive feedback from our customers.

Regarding your perception of my critical comments. Please understand my position as owner/operator of a small business that has operated in a responsible and safe manner for over 8 years while offering the “best” Segway tours in San Diego county.

There is no excuse for treating anybody poorly but when you’ve established standards and protocols that are in place to assure safety and community relations there is zero tolerance for any compromise, especially in a training environment which is what was going on.

Although I’m not sure of the exact incident you are referring to I can assure you our tour guide’s are treated very well, but again, if they don’t maintain our standards and protocols, I have to call them out. Having said that, I apologize if I made any of you uncomfortable with my comments or demeanor.

Norm Funk
Owner/Operator

San Diego, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

OMG, did the Segway tour yesterday and it was a blast! Not only are you out in the beautiful San Diego weather, but its quite educational as well. The tour guides Norman and Barb are excellent in their delivery of all the information about Coronado and all it has to offer. I highly recommend this to everyone, especially those of you who live here in San Diego. You will gain some very unexpected knowledge of the island that is right here in our backyard. So please, get out and do this, you will not be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Betz G
Livonia, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had the best time ever when I came to visit my daughter Sara!!! The segways were easy to learn and in no time we were gliding around Coronado Island!! This was so much fun and the best way to tour the Island!!!

Visited November 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We did the tour this morning and it was excellent. Our guide was Doreen (?) and she was really professional. The tour was really safe and we did a bit of training before hand so we were all comfortable using our segways. They are great fun and the tour was really informative. So now I've done a zip wire and a Segway....wonder what to try next!

Visited August 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm really delayed in writing this, because my trip was back in June. I just have to say, this was the highlight of my husband and my annual honeymoon. I have never been on a Segway in my life, but, found that i was a very easy learn. A quick lesson and we were on our way. I wish, for the life of me, I could remember our guide's name, she was awesome. She was very informed and took us on quite the tour around the island.

I did a lot of research on Segway tours, this was the most reasonable and we had a great time. I would highly encourage anyone that wants to do a Segway tour to book through this company.

Thanks for such a great time. We enjoyed every second of it!!!!!

Visited June 2013