“So easy and so much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Segway of Coronado

Segway of Coronado
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: A super fun alternative to a walking tour, you learn to ride a Segway and have a great tour around the historic and beautiful parts of Coronado, California. THE best day of our 5 days in San Diego!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boca Raton, FL
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“So easy and so much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having never ridden a Segway, both my husband and I were a little anxious about learning how to do it. Our instructor was Maggie. She had us up and riding the Segway in a little more than 5 minutes. They are very intuitive to use and easy! We had a 2 hour tour of the island and got to see everything right up close. The weather was beautiful, if not a little warm. The breeze created on the Segway was perfect. Maggie had a lot of information about the different neighborhoods she took us to. The most beautiful part was on the bay side with the park and going next to the big bridge! We took lots of pictures and had a good feel for the island after the tour. A wonderful way to sight see and I cannot wait to get back on another Segway soon!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank hnsadler

San Diego, California
“San Diego Cruise Tour On Your Own”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. Not only was it fun to ride a Segway, but I learned a lot about Coronado. What a wonderful place! This was one of the best tours we've ever taken. Beautiful scenery, picture opportunities, postcard views of downtown San Diego, and lots of points of interest.

Take the ferry near your cruise ship to Coronado. Take the free shuttle to 10th and Orange (or walk). Spend a great day at a fraction of the cost of ship's tours. This will be a lifetime memory.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Best Way to See Coronado!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I had very limited time in Coronado. Fortunately, we heard about Segway of Coronado. What a great experience! They were able to get us on a tour the same day. Great Training! My wife was a little concerned at first, but after 5 minutes I asked her to slow down. Very Safe. We were able to see most of the Island in a few hours and received a local's perspective. I would highly recommend this tour. Did I mention riding a Segway is a lot of fun? lol

Visited June 2013
Sandy, Utah
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“what a wa;y to spend the afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I live in Utah and come to San Diego often. I've done the Segway tour through Balboa and have just done the tour in Coronado. This was a lot of fun. We covered what seemed to miles and miles of territory from City Hall on the Strand to Ferry's Landing. We went through neighborhoods and along the golf course. Our guide, Norm, gave us a historical insight to things that I have just ignored when I have driven by in our car. He told me things I didn't know despite coming to San Diego for years.
I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting San Diego. The ride was fun, interesting and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“A W E S O M E !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked this tour shortly after arriving in Coronado. We met our guide, Turner, near the bank building. He briefed us on the operation and safety, then gave us each a short instructional checkout on the Segway. It is so intuitive, but there are a few tips he gave us that really helped us adapt quickly.

The tour starts out slowly, just to get used to the Segway, then speeds up. We had such a good time cruising around near the Golf Course and down by the scenic bridge! We made a couple of quick stops at points of interest.

If you have never ridden a Segway, this is a FANTASTIC tour. Turner was a fabulous guide - his knowledge of the machine, it's safety, and the island are quite encylopedic, and he went out of his way to make sure we had a great time.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!