“Relaxing, beautiful and very clean! Best place to stay in Coronado!!”

1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My boyfriend and I who are in our early twenties stayed here for a night last weekend. We were looking to stay somewhere that was unique and would make our night in Coronado special! Wow! The Lodge was super cozy, the rooms are all unique and tell a story about Coronado's history and the staff was so friendly! There is a quaint breakfast room with hot coffee and a selection of breakfast choices, an awesome patio with fountain and tables and chairs on a porch and everything you want to see in Coronado is within walking distance. The underground parking was safe and easily accessible and the fireplace and jacuzzi tub in our room made our stay very romantic and special. Tent City is a wonderful room and our stay at the Lodge made our trip a memorable one! Definitely a great place will be back again :)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emhowe

Reviewed December 12, 2010

The 1906 Lodge impressed me for many reasons but mostly for their attention to detail and cleanliness. I'm very particular and found all aspects of the facility to be spotless. The thought that kept running through my mind during my stay was that I was being spoiled. Meaning, it's going to hard to go to San Diego and stay anywhere else. I was there by myself on business and can’t wait to go back with my wife and family. Needless to say, I highly recommend the 1906 Lodge.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bkernus
Reviewed December 5, 2010

.I found the 1906 lodge on line. I was looking at homes in Coronado and the staff was very kind and helpful.

The breafast, tea and wine provided were delicious. I met a lovely couple at the wine and cheese, cocktail hour in the dining room.

I stayed in the Isabella Room. My room was yellow and blue with a wonderful claw foot tub. I would suggest this darling lodge to anyone. I wanted to take the tub home with me.......

Marilyn

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TheAngelPoet
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My wife and I (26 & 27 yrs old) stayed at the 1906 Lodge for our 1-year anniversary and it surpassed all our expectations. With the exception of not being right on the water, this boutique hotel is equally as nice as the Hotel Del and a much better deal. Unlike many other hotels, the Lodge is just as nice or even better than pictured on its website. The 1906 Lodge is a historic property that has been beautifully redone, while maintaining many of its charming features and architectural highlights.

Our first impression of the lodge when we drove up to it was "Wow, this is so close to the beach and right across the street from the historic Hotel Del...and yet so affordable". Parking was very convenient and our great first impression was maintained throughout every other aspect of our stay. Though we arrived hours early, we were allowed to check-in early and shown directly to our room.

Room - Our room, the Trolley Car, was amazing. Upon first glance, we were blown away by the spaciousness, beautiful crasftman decor, and elegant bathroom with a large walk-in shower and hot-tub. There was a balcony, small office space and everything else you could want in a room. In a word, perfect!

Staff/Service - The service at the hotel was wonderful and the two gals (I forget their names) who ran the place were very attentive, making sure all our needs were met. Unlike other bed and breakfasts, where the staff/owners can sometimes really creep you out, these gals are professional and very friendly.

Food - Breakfast was included with our room and was delicious. Each morning, a different gourmet meal is prepared and we were quite happy with what was served while we were there. You will not have a problem with the rest of your meals, as there are so many great places to eat within walking distance. I personally recommend a hole-in-the-wall mexican place called Clayton's Mexican Take-Out. It was amazing!

This hotel is small and simple, yet very beautiful. It doesn't offer a pool or fitness center, but who really uses those things anyway, especially when you have your own hot tub right in your room! We really enjoyed spending time in the parlor, reading and enjoying our coffee. It is across the street from the beach, as well as many great shops and restaurants. We will definitely be coming back to the 1906 Lodge and will be sure to tell others about it as well. I won't be staying anywhere else in Coronado from now on.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ryguyholmes
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We had a wonderful time at the 1906 Lodge...TripAdvisor did not steer us wrong here. We had a late check-in, but were greeted cordially by the staff despite it being 10pm. We were shown to our 2nd floor suite and it was lovely and sparkling clean! It had a spa tub and separate shower, king bed and fireplace. Very comfortable bed. We enjoyed the DVD player and the great selection of movies at the front desk. We especially liked that we could borrow beach chairs, towels and umbrellas for the less than 5 minute stroll to the beach. We took advantage of the free Wi-Fi, reception wasn't always great, but I was able to get info that I needed quickly. The grounds are lovely, there are a couple of places to sitting and relax. Breakfast was great, a different hot entree every day, in addition to fresh baked muffins and scones and all the normal sides in a continental breakfast.

It was quiet and peaceful, just exactly what I wanted and looked for in a relaxing weekend getaway. I went with a friend, but this would also be a very romantic place for couples as well.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and I went to San Diego for a little get away. We have stayed in several hotels on Coronado but wanted to try something different this time so we looked into B&B's. Are we ever happy we did.

The Lodge is located on a quiet residential street about a block away from restaurants and shopping. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. Highly recommend the Coronado Boathouse restaurant by the way.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They even gave us a pass someone had turned in to use for the ferry over to downtown San Diego. The rooms are beautifully decorated and quiet (you can hear people going up the stairs but they have a "quiet" time after 8pm). The beds were very comfortable.

The free parking is underground. I actually could not use it because my truck was too large to fit (it's a sharp right turn into the garage) but I have a large truck. I just parked out on the street and was never worried as it seems like a nice neighborhood and there is plenty of parking.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We could not have asked for a more convenient location. The 1906 Lodge is within walking distance to Orange Avenue, the Del Coronado, restaurants, shops, etc. It exceeded our expectations. The Innkeepers were extremely professional and friendly. We would hghly recommend staying at the 1906 Lodge. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Beach Village at The Del, Curio Collection by Hilton
Crown City Inn
Crown City Inn
#11 of 17 in Coronado

Been to 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!