“Save your money”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
San Francisco
“Save your money”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I hate to write a poor review, because I never have. This place I expected more for the price. Our check in took a long time, due to the front desk not being able to run any of my 3 cards. My husband popped out and got cash to pay for the room. But, the front desk never said sorry it is my machine. Just that it was due to my traveling, and my cards. Even while I had my bank on the phone saying "you have no issue at all"! The rooms are small enough to hear what is going on in the hall, and other room. Not ideal for couples, but we had a small child. Nothing seemed to work in the room the tv, internet, dvd, ect. I really don't want someone in my room trying to help me with everything when I'm with my family. But, they didn't fix anything or offer a simple "sorry". Breakfast was um not family friendly. While most b&b's I have been to offer frenchtoast, pancakes, and plates of steaming food this had cold fruit, and muffins. Sadly, I wouldn't refer anyone to stay. The next day we checked out and went to a less expensive place with a pool and hot breakfast! Sorry, for the bad review. I'm a nice person with a family and this place in a word was cold.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank NavyFamily_Brown
sgilling, owner/manager at 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
As the owner and manager of the 1906 Lodge, I apologize profusely for the less than pleasureable night stay at our property. I researched the issue about your credit cards being denied. The only possible problem I could see is that the address sent to us through your online booking agent was incorrect and therefore did not match your cards. We had several other checkins that day with no credit card issues. Regarding breakfast, we must not have made it clear that we serve a hot entree starting around 8:30 each day. On Saturdays it is french toast and on Sundays we serve mushroom strata. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience to your plans and appreciate the honest feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Bloomfield, N.J.
Reviewed October 5, 2009

What a charming little venue this was! Maybe even more charming than Coronado itself. Intimate andcaptivating! The entire Lodge and rooms are an historic re-creation, which takes you back in time. We stayed in the Tea Garden room which has an authentic Japanese theme. The room had a nice little sitting porch, a big jacuzzi tub and seemed perfectly sized. We slept like babies in the huge four poster bed. The staff were just the right blend of professional, personable and friendly. Breakfast was delicious. WE can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Lexington, NC
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We enjoyed everything about our stay at the 1906 Lodge. The room was perfect, the food first class, and the extra touches, (turn-down service, bathrobes, decadent jetted tub), spoiled us for staying anywhere else. The location is ideal, an historical island of relaxation in the midst of all of the tourist attractions of Coronado. The secure underground parking is an outstanding feature, and is at no additional cost. The inn-keepers were all friendly and professional, and made us feel right at home from the beginning. We were fortunate enough to get a tour of some additional rooms, and were impressed at the different personality each room possessed. (Ours was "Country Club," dedicated to golf at the turn of the century). We highly recommend the 1906 Lodge to anyone staying on Coronado, and we will certainly be back!

Reno, NV
Reviewed September 5, 2009

The 1906 Lodge is without a doubt the nicest Bed and Breakfast on Coronado Island. It is newly renovated, very clean, quaint and elegantly decorated with a historic motif.
Management and Staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to accommodate our every need. They were an absolute delight to work with. The breakfasts were individually prepared and were fantastic. Secured underground parking made it very easy to bypass all the weekend traffic and parking problems on the island. The beach was only a block and a half away and the lodge furnished towels and chairs. Overall an OUTSTANDING experience.

Sicklerville, NJ
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My fiance and I stayed at the lodge this past week and would highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Coronado. This was our first time at a bed & breakfast and we couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed August 28, 2009

1906 Lodge is beautifully done. My husband and I and our three year old daughter went to Coronado and chose 1906 Lodge because they were willing to give us a GREAT rate, almost half off what they usually charge. We stayed in a room called Hebbard and Gill. It was spotless, romantic & cozy. It is in a perfect location, right around the corner from a delightful juice bar and many restaurants, including a fabulous pizza place. The service was outstanding and very personalized. On our second morning there, the inn keeper had replaced an adult plate (at the same table we sat at the morning before) with a small plate for our daughter, decorated with a sea shell and fresh flower. She even offered to make our daughter some scrambled eggs if she didn't want what the warm item was each morning. The homemade granola was wonderful. The best part of this hotel is that they have secluded underground parking so we could leave our bikes there AND it was free. I didn't find free hotel parking anywhere else on the island.

coronado
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husband and I just spent five nights at the new 1906 lodge in coronado, ca. We cannot say enough nice things about this new yet historic lodge- the attention to detail and personal touch was unsurpassed. The owners and staff met our every need- we highly recommend staying at such a central and well located hotel. We were served breakfast in either their lovely courtyard or well appointed dining room- very innovative menu- and the best french toast we have ever had. Either one night or a week, we highly recommend the 1906 Lodge- Francette and Bernie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,969 reviews
Hotel del Coronado
#8 of 16 in Coronado
4.0 of 5 bubbles 5,015 reviews

Been to 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!