All reviews free underground parking hot dish spa tub wine and cheese each morning b bs breakfast was delicious quiet neighborhood san diego orange ave coronado island other guests two blocks complimentary bikes private balcony golf cart fresh fruit
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the 1906 Lodge during the holidays. We enjoyed the comfort of the rooms: fireplace, jacuzzi tub and the most comfortable beds! The lodge is the perfect place to stay if you want the luxury of a 5 star hotel without having to deal with the big crowds. It is intimate and cozy. The wine and cheese in the evening and the breakfast in the morning was a great touch. This is what we love about the lodge. We cannot wait to come again!

Room Tip: We have stayed in The Plunge and Ocean Boulevard and loved both equally!
2  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

1906 is a historic property that has been beautifully and lovingly restored. My husband & I stayed in the Author's study & our friend in the Winchester room. Both rooms are very comfortable but if I had to choose between the two it would be the Winchester because of it's amazing bathroom. Some of the things we love about the lodge are: the ambience, the incredible breakfasts, talking with other guests and happy hour in the front room.

The wi-fi did not work very well in our rooms and we did not feel like complaining but it appears to be a known issue by 1906. Why don't they take care of the problem or be proactive and warn you about it? I would agree with another writer about the bathroom tissue paper. It may be "greener" and more expensive, but it's still not very good. However these are just a minor issues and we love 1906 and would highly recommend it and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KS66215
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to a stay at the 1906 Lodge during Christmas week. We are San Diego locals, but wanted to indulge in a romantic getaway for a day in Coronado. We stayed in the Silver Strand suite and it was everything we wanted. The room had a very comfortable bed and pillows, and a pass through gas fireplace to enjoy from the bedroom and the super large spa tub in the bathroom. The lodge is only a block or two off the main street, in a quiet neighborhood setting. Very easy walk to the Hotel del, beach, and all the shops and restaurants on Orange Ave. The lodge is perfectly decorated and noticeably immaculate. Wish we could have stayed another night!

1  Thank 48Buddy
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our second stay at the 1906 Lodge and we loved it just as much if not more than the first time! This time we stayed in, "The Plunge," room and as always it surpassed our expectations! The decor was adorable, the breakfast casserole was amazing and the bed was so comfortable! There are few places to stay where you have a quiet, quaint patio to eat a warm breakfast in and all the available amenities you could want including a large selection of free DVD's and on site staff support. What a great place to stay to make a Coronado trip memorable! We love the 1906 Lodge. A must if you are in town and need a great place to stay!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a great couples night pick "The Plunge, room---jacuzzi tub, fireplace and huge cozy bed!
2  Thank emhowe
sgilling, Owner at 1906 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Ah, a stay in The Plunge for a date night! What fun! On these cool winter nights, it's night to turn on the fireplace and enjoy the soothing spa tub!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in the Polo Room a few months ago for 5 days. First the good:

1. Beautiful room- character, classy furniture, nice bathroom (great shower).
2. Location is awesome. Quiet side street literally 2 short blocks away from downtown and great shops and restaurants. Beach is very close.
3. Price- compared to the 5 star Coronado, you get similar accommodation at 30-40 percent less.
4. Very well kept grounds, cool reading room and porch, cool happy hour

Now the not so good:

1. When we checked in we had to wait 15 minutes for anyone to answer the door bell
2. Issues with credit card machines (a couple didmt work) etc and they charge you the entire stay upfront- which is very strange cause they hold the room with a credit card like other hotels
3. The room was on the second floor and no elevator. I had back pain that morning and the last thing I wanted to do was carry a suitcase when on vacation. The lady gave me a bad look but ultimately someone came 30 min later to help me.
4. Breakfast was very tasty but choice was small. All vegetarian, hard boiled eggs only ( I was lectured by the lady from Australia that they can't make guests eggs to order- would be too difficult). Well they are a bed and breakfast and they do charge quite a bit for one night so how hard is it to fry an egg? I even offered to do it myself...
5. Internet - was sporadic and tended not to work in 90 percent of our room. One of the managers said they get such complaints all the time... Another router costs like 50 dollars and could easily cover the second floor far wing.

So overall a charming and relaxing place, but with a few minor changes they could really become great nor just very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SojournWashington

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. As a small property, we keep our front door locked to ensure our guests' security. I'm sorry the innkeeper was not able to respond immediately to your arrival.

I'm disappointed that my innkeepers did not provide you with a dedicated router. We have several available for this type of situation.

Thank you for taking the time to give us such complete feedback. I have reviewed it with my staff and we will strive to prevent these issues in the future.