“The Best Kept Secret of Coronado, CA.”

1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Bakersfield, California
“The Best Kept Secret of Coronado, CA.”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This boutique hotel was the best. I would even recommend over the Del Coronado Hotel. They have 17 rooms it is a refurbished boarding house. The grounds are immaculate. The hosts are great upstairs we had refrigerators stocked with water in the hallway we had access to tea and coffee anytime. Also the showers are real showers not a bathtub and a shower. The shower heads are large they have an above shower head then the one in front. There is a gourmet breakfast included plus wine and appetizers in the evening. They will provide you with all the advise of want on what to do. We were their on July 4th weekend and they gave us tips on where to view the parade and fireworks. The turn down service and mints every night was nice plus they gave us a beach towel for the 4th of July. For those guests with mobility problems like my husband they have a convenient elevator. This is highly recommended.

Susan James

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 10356
sgilling, Owner at 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience for your 4th of July getaway! Coronado can be a little crazy on that day, but it's our favorite holiday of the year!

The overhead rain shower head that you enjoyed is available in 3 of our rooms/suites. We tried to include something a little special in each bathroom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I just returned home from a 3 night stay at the 1906 Lodge at Coronado Beach. Our time there was perhaps the most relaxing vacation we've had in over a decade. The staff was friendly and professional; the rooms are beautiful, spacious and comfortable; and the gardens are simply breathtaking.

I am writing this from the point of view of someone who never in the past would have agreed to stay at a bed & breakfast. My wife always wants to, but I've always equated it to staying at a cross between a museum and my Grandmother's house.

The 1906 Lodge has changed my point of view on that for good. If it's possible to feel a location is historical and new all at the same time, this place does it. I am also simply amazed at the peace, quiet and privacy that you have while still being so close to everything you might need. I can't imagine another place having the amount of quality restaurants, shops, art galleries, bars and literally anything else that you could want so close and within easy walking distance.

Which leads to one of the major selling points of the 1906 Lodge in my opinion - its astoundingly close proximity to the beautiful Coronado beaches. Being just about a block away, it is an easy walk to the sand and surf. With the beach towels, chairs and umbrella that the Lodge provided for us, we enjoyed an incredible day at the ocean.

I can't wait for another opportunity to stay at this peaceful, classy and elegant location. I would highly recommend the 1906 Lodge at Coronado Beach to anyone looking to get away and relax for a bit..... it was my wife's idea and I have to admit that she was right!

Gary Dean Hathaway
Denver, Colorado

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GaryHathaway
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here last summer for a romantic getaway and for a birthday celebration, and I wanted to express what a wonderful time we had. The place is absolutely beautiful and clean. The staff was so kind and helpful, and made our vacation extremely memorable. The breakfasts were sooo delicious, and served with such grace and care. The location of the lodge is so perfect-just a quick and beautiful walk to the beach and lovely town, and accessible to downtown San Diego. Our vacation was so romantic and wonderful thanks to the wonderful people at 1906 lodge. We would definately stay here again to experience beautiful Coronado!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 25, 2011

It's hard to read all of these reviews and think that the 1906 Lodge will live up to all the hype.........but it does! What a perfect getaway, nice and quiet! The staff was tremendous and the place is soooooo clean! We had an incredible time. Breakfast was phenomenal each day, complimentary Wine and snacks in the evening, what more could you ask for? Thank you 1906 Lodge!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joel_0013
sgilling, Owner at 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
We're so glad we were able to provide such a great getaway. My staff works very hard to make every guest feel special.
Burbank, California
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for a quick getaway. I liked how it was so quiet at 1906 Lodge. It is very close to everything you could want to do on Coronado. The building is historical. Just a quick walk to the beach. We'll be back to Coronado -- it is one of our favorite beach locations in California.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caligirlburb
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Our stay at the 1906 lodge was one of the highlights of our trip to the San Diego area. The staff were so friendly and accomodating. On the day that we arrived for check-in we were running very late and did not arrive until approx 9pm at night. Even though we were late the lady who checked us in was friendly and took her time to help us get accquainted with the lodge and give us information about the area.

Our room was beautiful and spacious with plenty of room for our suitcases and equipment. The bathroom was also very spacious with a large jetted tub. I'm plus sized, and my partner is tall and we both thoroughly enjoyed the tub and had plenty of space to relax in it. The room was clean and well maintained. We watched several movies with the in room DVD player and also hooked up our laptop to the flat screen TV and watched movies that way as well. There was wifi available, but the signal strength inside of our room wasn't optimal. The wifi signal strength was excellent when we sat in the patio area just outside of our room.

Another great feature of the 1906 lodge is that it has parking available in an underground garage underneath the lodge. Very convenient.

Room Tip: We stayed in the star room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alleycatD
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My fiancee proposed to me down on the beach in Coronado and took me back to our amazing room at the 1906 lodge where champagne and flowers were waiting! The staff was extremely friendly and caring and made us the most amazing breakfast the next morning. They also were kind enough to take some pictures of us around the beautiful property. The room was incredibly clean, spacious, and the sheets were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The location was also walking distance to all the great restaurants and practically across the street from the Hotel Del Coronado and the beach. We plan on coming back for our honeymoon night!

Room Tip: Every room is unique and amazing!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natbrookel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Downtown
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Hotel del Coronado
#9 of 17 in Coronado

Been to 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!