“Best happy hour in years”
Review of Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado - CLOSED

Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Churchill Avenue
Description: Vigilucci's is located on Orange Avenue next to the famous Hotel del Coronado. Dine with us in our "Oceano" room while viewing the magnificent Pacific Ocean or enjoy our "Murano" room overlooking Orange Avenue (named for the Murano glass chandeliers that decorate the room) while feasting on our authentic Italian ingredient laden entrees. In addition Vigilucci's has a full bar and happy hour is offered Monday through Friday from three to seven pm and Saturday & Sunday from eleven am to five pm. Masculine wood lines the custom made granite bar and lounge, where nightly tunes of the "Rat Pack" can be heard live on our baby grand piano. The "Oceano" room is open for dining or may be booked for parties up to 90 people. When dining in Coronado visit Vigilucci's Ristorante for an authentic Italian experience. -Buon Appetito! Roberto Vigilucci
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I wanted to take my mom for lunch here but we arrived just after 3pm after visiting San Diego Zoo. Lunch time just expired but I was told they had happy hour menu from 3pm to 6pm I believe. The variety of appetizers was very attractive and we decided to go for it. Well, maybe we were hungry and these appetizers and a few drinks were just in the right place at the right time but we simply loved it there. My mom had chicken skewers which was delicious and I had calamari (above average) and an excellent three small pieces of raw ahi tuna. Bloody Mary could have been better but was no less than good. The area we were seated around the bar was nice and the service was excellent. When next time in Coronado I will definitely consider this restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The staff were very professional, proper & just the right amount of attentive. The food was delicious. I had the spaghetti with mussels - great. Husband had filet with baked potato & seasonal veggies - great. Crème Brullee was wonderful & the chocolate cake with vanilla gelato hit the spot for Husband. If you're going to spend the cash for a special dinner you can't go wrong here. The atmosphere is great too.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

An italian restaurant about a block from Hotel Del Coronado. I saw a sign for a piano bar, so walking upstairs to the main entrance, I was taken through the restaurant (which was nicely appointed, and clearly upscale) to a bar toward the back. A pianist was playing famiiar toons in the corner, bartenders were friendly, quick, and poured a genuinely fair and good drink. Pasta was fresh and tasty; and I saw some folks with a bone in slab of meat that could have fed an army; and judging from the comments, was quite delicious.

If your in the area, a good dinner choice, or just drinks and music!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Restaurant is near my Hotel ,so I arrived from a long journey ,I went there for lunch. It was a pleasant surprise. The Fettuccine alla Bolognese is wonderful.The price is reasonable and the food is very good

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I ate here with a group of 10 and there are lot's of fantastic menu choices. Being with a group this large, I got to "sample" a number of the dishes, which were all excellent. I had the lobster ravioli which was fabulous. The restaurant is a short walk from Hotel del Coronado, and should be a stop for you if you're in the neighborhood!