“Pleasant experience but way over priced”

Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Churchill Avenue
Description: Vigilucci's is located on Orange Avenue next to the famous Hotel del Coronado. Dine with us in our "Oceano" room while viewing the magnificent Pacific Ocean or enjoy our "Murano" room overlooking Orange Avenue (named for the Murano glass chandeliers that decorate the room) while feasting on our authentic Italian ingredient laden entrees. In addition Vigilucci's has a full bar and happy hour is offered Monday through Friday from three to seven pm and Saturday & Sunday from eleven am to five pm. Masculine wood lines the custom made granite bar and lounge, where nightly tunes of the "Rat Pack" can be heard live on our baby grand piano. The "Oceano" room is open for dining or may be booked for parties up to 90 people. When dining in Coronado visit Vigilucci's Ristorante for an authentic Italian experience. -Buon Appetito! Roberto Vigilucci
Washington, DC
“Pleasant experience but way over priced”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a very pleasant evening there. We had reserved a table outside or by the window, but they tried to seat us inside in a stuffy room, even though it was early and there were tables outside. We asked to be moved, and they did give us the outdoor table. Our waitress was very pleasant and knowledgable and professional. We are used to big city high prices, but everything here was way too pricey-- with entrees in the $30s and even above 40, and pastas in the 20s. I had the seafood risotto, which was tasty: al dente, the seafood tender, but there was so much saffron you couldn't taste anything. Likewise my husband got the veal Marsala: the meat was very tender and the veggies done nicely, but the flavor was just so so. At those prices, the favors should be subtle and memorable. I don't mind splurging, but it should be amazing, not just very good. The bolognese was very nice. So it is a tourist trap, but a nice one. We've learned to go down the street to Rhinoceros for a comparable meal for much less.

Visited July 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Loved the Clam Sauce”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I love pasta with white clam sauce and I am very critical when it does not measure up to my expectations. My wife and I were making our first visit to Vigilucci's after it was highly recommended by friends. They were not wrong. The décor and atmosphere were pleasant and relaxing. We ate on the patio overlooking Orange Avenue. The menu is quite varied. We chose their version of Oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer - excellent. My wife had a seafood mixed grill (she loved it) while I decided to try the spaghetti with white clam sauce. I am pleased to report that it was probably the best I have ever had. We are definitely going back.

Scottsdale
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a reservation for a party of 7 for my husband's birthday. We made the reservation 2-3 months in advance and requested patio seating. Initially we were seated in the back of the restaurant near the kitchen. When I spoke with the Manager and explained the situation, he asked me to give him some time. He ended up moving things around and putting us at a delightful table on the patio. Kudos to him for accommodating us on a busy weekend. The service was impeccable, the food was very, very, good, and the atmosphere was delightful. Other than the very back table, the atmosphere inside appeared to be very good as well. We would definitely recommend Vigilucci's and we would return ourselves. At the end of the meal, the manager came up to me and inquired if everything was ok, following up again to ensure customer satisfaction. This always goes a long way in my book.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious Italian in Coronado”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a visually appealing restaurant, with inside/outside patio seating upstairs, a very nice bar & seating area upstairs, and a huge window in the main dining area that opens to Coronado's main street (Orange Street ) so you can sit inside on cool evenings and people watch in the comfortable confines of the restaurant. Many of the staff speak Italian and I thought it was fun when I thanked the hostess in Italian, and the manager who heard me, came over and asked "cena per due?", to which I replied, "Si, grazie mille". Service was a pleasure during both of our visits. Friendly & polite (but not invasive) staff who filled water glasses & wine glasses on a timely basis, and offered suggestions/options without being pushy. It's easy to tell that they were well-trained.

The wine list is fairly extensive with lots of choices to match a variety of price points and quality, including many Italian wines. If I remember correctly, the pasta is made in-house and based upon two visits I can confidently say that the kitchen knows how to prepare them properly al-dente. My wife enjoyed the Spaghetti Carbonara, I had the Tagliatelle alla Bolognese, and we shared a second of Saltimbocca alla Romana. As noted, the pastas were perfect and the sauces were among the best we've had in the US. The veal was very good, and almost as good as we eat in some of our favorite restaurants in Rome. And let's not forget....the bread....the bread was hot from the oven and positively delicious. It was a perfect accompaniment to sop us the remaining sauce after we had finished the pasta and veal dishes.

I'd have to say that this is one of the best Italian restaurants in the metro-San Diego area and we'd certainly return next time we're in the area. Grazie per una serata fantastica Vigilucci's!

Magnolia, Texas
“A special place for a special experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Brought my wife here for her "39th" birthday dinner. Our favorite food is Italian, and it's what I specialize cooking at home for my family. This place is amazing! You are welcomed by attentive, caring, and friendly staff. I'd booked our table through Open Table, mentioned it was my wife's birthday. The hostess greeted us with, "Welcome Amy, and happy birthday." I was blown away. The waitress, Chelsea, also said happy birthday! And we need to say that Chelsea was perfect! Kind, knowledgable, and extremely attentive to our needs. She gets a 10 out of 10!

Now for the food, ridiculously good. Make sure and choose one of the homemade pastas. They will let you change ingredients and pastas for any dish. My wife had the Fettuccini Norma, which is a light sauce with cherry tomatoes and ricotta with eggplant! Never seen a dish served like this and it was great and light.

I had the homemade noodle with a carbonara sauce that was great. Loved the whole experience!