“Trip Back was Horrible”

The Market Cafe at Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Silver Strand
Transit: Complimentary valet or self-parking is available for local guests dining in Mistral. Please bring your parking ticket for validation.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am writing this review as we have stayed at this Loews resort several times and have historically had good service at the resort. The Market Cafe is the exception. This is really a shame as they have completely remodeled the hotel and outside of the service and the food at the Cafe, everything else is outstanding. We made reservations at 6 for 4 people. We were seated in a timely fashion but it took forever to get our drink order. When drinks finally arrived, the waiter spilled water all over me. I can fully appreciate accidents happen and I did not make a big deal over it, however, there was hardly any apology. Food took a very long time to arrive and when it did, it was not very hot nor flavorful. Not what I expected from Loews and during our 10 day stay, the absolute worst experience of the trip.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I know this is strange as a standout of a 3-day breakfast rerun... however, Market Cafe has the most delicious "ranchero sauce" salsa ever. I had it all three days, twice on my omelets from the buffet, and on the third day in my chilaquiles. It was very good. Coffee is strong, food is hot and fresh, and was a very convenient restaurant for our stay at Loews.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Prices are ridiculous, but the quality is good. The coffee claims Starbucks, but it was weak. Folks are friendly.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The weekend brunch buffet is filled with so many treats. There is no way to leave less than full. It's so nice to sit on the patio and check out the boats in the marina.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Everything is good however breakfast is special at the Loews Coronado Resort. Great atmosphere and good food.