“Great market place for on the go”

The Market Cafe at Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Silver Strand
Transit: Complimentary valet or self-parking is available for local guests dining in Mistral. Please bring your parking ticket for validation.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Right at the entrance of Loews Coronado it has a Starbucks, and a lot of food essentials. Ice cream, sweets, sandwiches, wine(expensive) and other beverages.

There are newer reviews for The Market Cafe at Loews Coronado Bay Resort

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Breakfast and lunches were great. Nice selection for both meals. Outdoor seating with view of marina as well.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice to grab and go, or order and sit down. Starbucks is the coffee and desserts are wonderful for sure!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Open 24 hrs, good snacks, starbucks coffee. Sit down restaurant food is delish - mushroom flat bread is amazing. Late night, was disappointed they only cook burgers WELL DONE and the flat bread was tiny. But aside from that - good.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

WILL NEVER EVER do their Mother's Day brunch or any of their brunches. Not worth the $190 they charge for one adult ($79) and two kids ($80 for both my 5 yr old and 8 yr old) and automatic 18% service fees. Food was mediocre at best that excluded some of the food/items they had advertised, like oysters and one long stem rose for every mother in attendance. I had gone their to please my husband who is away for work with the US Navy and had suggested I treat myself and the two kids on this special occasion. It started out nice, until the wait staff taking our orders. It went downhill from there. My daughter wanted milk to drink. She never got it. I asked for apple cider for my five year old. The waiter said they didn't have it, but not more than ten seconds later he came back around asking if we wanted apple ciders. Another wait staff kept going around asking if my friend, who also came to celebrate mother's day whose husband was also away with the Navy, if she wanted champagne. For some reason she didn't bother to ask me. And yes, I wanted champagne. I had asked if they had crayons and papers for my five year old to occupy him at the table, the said no. Kind of surprising to me considering it was Mother's Day brunch. They should have expected kids to show up. And yes, they provided a play area for the kids, but not all kids wanted to be there or could be there unattended by parents (a shy two year old for example). When we were done eating (and by the way, the wait staff wanted to get my plate even though I was still eating. They did the same for my daughter. She was trying to finish her mac n cheese, her $40 worth of it, and they were trying to rush her. Geez.) we asked for our bill. My friend and I asked to split our bill. It took them 15 minutes to get. When we looked, we were charged two adults each, instead of one on our separate bills. We asked to get a new bill. Another 15 minutes passed. Got it wrong again. Waited another 15 minutes to get a corrected copy. All this time I started to fume, especially seeing the automatic charges of 18% service fees for crappy services and the fact it's a buffet, not a full on service menu. Spent a few minutes talking to one of the Food & Beverages Managers after I got back home to tell him my experiences and to tell ask him why my pending bill charges is $348.67 for my brunch and not $189.89. He said it's just the hotel's policy to put in over the actual bill until the credit card approves the actual bill. So I shall see in two or three days what my actual bill is. What an extremely disappointing $190 Mother's Day Brunch. Will never ever do that again. Oh, my husband worked to get this reservations for me and they couldn't even get that done the first try. He had to call twice because when I confirmed my reservations the day before, the hotel operator told me there was no such reservations made. When I checked in the first lady I spoke to couldn't find my name! Why didn't I listen to those clues?

1  Thank ElsieBH