“Amazing food”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Silver Strand
Transit: Complimentary valet or self-parking is available for local guests dining in Mistral. Please bring your parking ticket for validation.
Description: At Mistral, Chef Cho will blend his collection of sweeping cultural experiences into a global-fusion menu that highlights his penchant for tapas-style small plates, Mediterranean flavors and his new-found love of seafood. Our chefs select the finest, responsibly-grown ingredients to take you on a delicious journey along the Mediterranean Coast. Robust, intense flavors are prepared with brilliant and innovative techniques and infused with the freshest herbs from the resorts own garden. Our extensive wine list offers both classic wines and undiscovered treasures that are interesting and affordable. This delectable dining at Mistral restaurant is served with a setting to match, surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows with breathtaking views of spectacular sunsets over the Pacific, sweeping vistas of Coronado Bay and the glittering San Diego skyline. It's the perfect backdrop for an experience you'll never forget.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The food and service here was amazing. My wife and I both had the lobster risotto and it was great. The salmon rillette was also delicious and the wine selection was outstanding. The service was also top notch and the views were perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better dining experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I often ate in this restaurant, it is always a pleasure of returning there.
I have to visit the kitchens during the service, it is very clean and work is perfect.
I adore the dessert “bisous”
The sight is splendid.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I just arrived to Coronado Island that day and was very excited to eat this restaurant. I told them before hand it was my husband's birthday we were celebrating. We arrived and the lady at the desk was pleasant and told my husband "Happy Birthday" as she was reading it from her computer screen (no big deal). We sit down at a table with a wonderful view. The waiter comes over and starts spouting out the specials as he's bringing the bread basket and sneezing all over it at the same time. We looked over that one. I ordered a glass of wine and it came with a couple of nats in it to greet me as well. Our first course came, Bruschetta. How can you screw that up? WELL, they did! The second course was the lobster bisque which was OK. The main course we ordered was the Sea Bass. I'm not even going to go in to how that was. Not even edible:=( Our waiter was visiting next door to us with a DRUNK couple for about 20 minutes when he finally came over to ask if everything was good. The manager came over (he was a real prize too) came over to ask us what they could do to replace the Sea Bass for us. We told him maybe you can bring out some lobster risotto. He brought it out and half was edible and the other half was I can't even explain it. The lobster (which I don't turn away very often) was not cooked all the way and was very chewy and raw. My husband and I just got up from the table and asked the lady at the front to get our check. The manager did not charge us for the main course but he did for everything else. So disappointing and sad for our first night on Coronado Island:=(

1  Thank Laniejoy
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The food was delicious once you got it - but we waited 40 minutes for breakfast one morning, and it was $66 for 4 plus tip

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Mistral has a 5th generation chef with a fresh herb garden on site. Staff and service were exceptional. Food couldn't have been better. I had a sea bass special and enjoyed every bite. Very knowledgeable wine staff as well. View is to die for!!!

1  Thank SharonTLoveland