6,743 results
All reviews victorian building ice skating sun deck ocean view elevator operator sheerwater restaurant iconic hotel crown room marilyn monroe main building san diego bucket list bannock del coronado beautiful beach main pool junior suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Coffee grinds all over the room at check-in, we don’t drink coffee. Dirty washcloth behind the toilet. Gives me the feeling housekeepers are rushing through rooms. Signage is poor, we walked around for 5-10 minutes just trying to find what part of the building our rooms was in - you accessed room through a hidden hallway with no sign indicating access point there.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Sabrina C
HotelDelCoronado, General Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sabrina C,

Thank you for this review. I’m very sorry for the condition of your room—that is inexcusable and I will be looking into this immediately. Furthermore, I appreciate you sharing the signage issue with me. Communication is key when navigating our 28-acre property, and I am frustrated you had such a difficult time getting around! I hope we can make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was Not What I Was Expecting - uncomfortable bed, feather only pillow & not enough coffee mugs and coffee. The restaurant & bar was Not what I Was Expecting - Pizza place was delicious & well priced! but other than that, prices were astronomical! $30 Hamburger, $25 Chips, Salsa & Guac, $30 glass of House Wine!!!
Serenity of Hotel was Not What I Was Expecting - the construction started at 8a :\
Conference Amenities was Not What I Was Expecting - Main Conference room had frequent Audio & Video issues! Conference room in separate building was low quality. Box Lunches were dry & had stale bread!

For the price you pay ... you will Not get what you are Expecting.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Navigate35767450646

Dear Navigate35767450646,

I’m grateful for the feedback you’ve provided. At The Del, we strive to offer a relaxing guest experience for all, and I’m sorry we fell short during your stay. We are in the process of doing some work to the improve our guest rooms, conference spaces, and restaurants. I hope you’ll give us another chance to give you an incredible experience at The Del in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is an old hotel but I bet the carpet can be replaced once a score of years. The carpet in the elevator was disgusting. While outside there was much construction going on, starting at 7 am including weekends, the building itself was also undergoing renovation (but not the carpet). The roof directly above our room had workmen pounding away all day long. We had requested a late checkout but instead left before the regular departure time. On the other hand the breakfast was great. In the final analysis, it has a nice beach area, some great overpriced drinks at the bars, and a lot of history. I doubt we will return however and I bet we can find a nicer place the next time we visit San Diego.

Room tip: Get a room on the interior and away from any construction.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mark G,

Thank you for your review. While I’m glad you enjoyed a few aspects of your stay at The Del, such as our beautiful beach and delicious breakfast, I’m sorry it was impacted by some restoration work that was in progress. Being a 131-year-old property, The Del is certainly in need of some care, and we’re in the process of updating these areas as we speak! Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you the best of travels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family considers this one of the best places to vacation. The beaches are gorgeous, the rooms are beautiful, fantastic service and great food. Get a Daybed on the Beach and make a s’mores reservation. So worth it The town is just adorable. It’s the place we go to truly relax and make memories

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear minimartzke,

What a fantastic review, thank you! I’m beyond pleased to welcome you and your family back for another memorable stay at The Del. I couldn’t agree more—our beautiful beach, tranquil atmosphere, and charming surroundings make Coronado a perfect vacation destination. I can’t wait for your return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don’t want to post all negative things about the Hotel Del Coronado. I hope this gets to management so they can fix some issues. My family stayed in room 4125, we had booked 4 night stay but checked out after one night. The hotel property and grounds are beautiful. The location is superb. The room needed some tlc and had insect issues. Upon arrival there were a cluster of flies on our room door and in hall. When we entered the room some of the flies flew in, ugh. First thing my daughter noticed when pulling down the top sheet was a hair, gross. It was late so we went to bed after killing the flies that joined us.
Got up early to get coffee, walked around property. It is a must see property. Got back to the room and started to notice how non-maintained it was. See pictures.
I was disappointed in our room, so I went to lobby and showed pictures of room. I asked if they could move us to a similar room with pool view or ocean view and I would pay for upgrade. Nothing available, only room offered was a parking lot view.
I talked it over with my wife and we decided to check out. The hotel did wave the early departure fee because of my room issues. I was charged $462 for two queen pool view, room plus $50 for valet parking. The pool view from room 4125 was of shrubs covering the hot tub and no pool view.
I would recommend if want to stay at Hotel Del, ask for a newly renovated room. I did not think my room was worthy of $462 plus $50 parking a night.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Alex S

Dear Alex S,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. At The Del, we strive to maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and service, and it sounds like we really missed the mark on your stay. I would really like to look into this. When you have a moment, would you mind reaching out to my team at ExecutiveOffice@hoteldel.com? I look forward to hearing from you. Until then, please take care.