La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$182
Best Western Plus Suites Hotel Coronado Island(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$189
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$215
  • Breakfast included
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$230
$219
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $258/night.

Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$188
$170
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$339
$288
  • Breakfast included
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$199
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$249
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

6,116 results
All reviewsvictorian buildingocean towersun deckice skatingcalifornia cabanaselevator operatorsheerwater restaurantocean fronticonic hotelmain buildingmarilyn monroefull ocean viewsan diegobucket listbannockmain pooldel coronado
Reviewed September 19, 2005

I really don't understand the negative reviews about the del. My wife and I both thought the hotel was beautiful and were very pleased with the hotel staff. Everyone seemed friendly and laid back. No uptightness like other nice hotels we've stayed at before.

The room was clean and had ample space. It wasn't huge, but we knew that going in. There were some airplanes but not to the extent of some of the reviews. It didn't really bother us a bit.

They are doing some work near the tennis courts and the beach, but again it didn't bother us a bit.

We would definately stay there again.

3  Thank NorthStar36383
Reviewed September 13, 2005

Loved it...it is very "touristy" but that is a credit to the place itself - how many hotels get tourists? Food was good but not great. I had my best meal at the boat house across Orange Blvd on the waterfront. The entire Coronado area is beautiful. Honeymooned there this past May and couldn't have asked for a better time...We're going to make it our 5-year stop.

• Stayed: May 2005
4  Thank Travel4076
Reviewed September 12, 2005

It was the end of our southern california vacation and we thought we saved the best for last. It was our first stay there. I had booked 2 nights on-line at The Del. No problem. When I went to check-in, they had no record of my reservation or deposit. Luckily, I had brought along the computer paperwork. They did not have the type of room (2 queen beds) I had reserved available so they gave me another (1 king) and gave us a roll-away. We were travelling with 2 full-grown teens. The front desk graciously said they would not charge me for the roll-away. When it came time to check-out, the bill reflected incorrect room charges which necessitated a trip to the front desk. When I asked to speak to management, I couldn't get past the person at the front desk. By this time I was deeply disappointed with all the errors and inconvenience. There was no compensation for the wrong room/bed arrangement. It wasn't at all the kind of service I expected from a hotel with their reputation and price tag.

I also followed up with the questionaire they give you upon checkout and no one ever responded. Must not mean much.

We did have a great meal at the restaurant and enjoyed the ocean-side activities, but we will not stay at the Del on our future visits to San Diego.

8  Thank Climber23791
Reviewed September 11, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado Sept 9-11, 2005. Before departing on our trip I read several of the previous reviews of the hotel here on trip advisor. Many of them made me nervous, but when we checked into the hotel my fears were gone.

We arrived about 11am and left our bags with the bell desk. The front desk gave us a key to the pool and promised to call us on our cell phone when our room was ready. They called EARLY to tell us it was ready, which was a pleasant surprise. When we got to our partial oceanview room on the top floor in the Victorian cabanas we were thrilled (4300 level). The view was awesome. Ocean and beach to the left, pool to the right. A great big deck built into the roof top with tall chairs and a table. The room furnishings were beautiful. A ton of extra space. Everything very clean. And very comfy king size bed. Topping it off the hotel sent up a bottle of wine for our anniversary.

This is a beautiful hotel with a lot of history. The creaky floors and long hallways add character (some people just don't get it I guess!). All in all we had a wonderful time and would love to return sometime (after we save our money for awhile! It is expensive there!!) All of the staff that we encountered, even in the hotel shuttle to the airport, were very pleasant and helpful. Thanks to all of them for a great getaway!

P.S. The sand on the beach feels almost like flour. Very soft!!

8  Thank Relax16761
Reviewed September 5, 2005

I read all of the reviews both good and bad about this hotel before going. I stayed Sept 1st through Sept 5th over the busy Labor Day weekend. Yes, the hotel is old (I stayed in the Victorian part) and it was busy over the weekend but I have to say I enjoyed my time there. I went by myself in order to relax and pamper myself.

I loved the oldness of the Victorian part, the architecture and the history. My room did not have a view but I didn't plan on staying in my room all day anyway. My bed was very comfortable with down pillows and comforter. It was clean and neat but did smell old (kind of like my grandmothers house, which I found nostalgic).

I spent Friday and Saturday on the beach, walking and taking dips in the ocean. I did not mind the Navy jets going over or watching the Navy ships off shore since I'm an Air Force brat (my Dad was in the Air Force) and I was in the Army. They were not intrusive at all.

The beach fills up in the afternoon so stake your territory out early (they provide towels and beach chairs to guests and I rented an umbrella). I love watching people and was never bothered or felt crowded.

The hotels restaurants food is expensive, I paid $18.50 for a breakfast buffet and it was not that great. I did not go to the Sunday brunch they are famous for since it was $52.50 per person and who can eat $52.50 worth of food? I found great restaurants on Orange street within walking distance. Try Tomaso's Italian Restaurant, Miguels Mexican Restaurant and yes, Marie Callanders Grill. They were all fantastic and reasonably priced.

Sunday I rented a bike and did my own tour (4 hours for $24.00) of the island. The bike had it's own map and I rode down Ocean Drive looking at all of the beautiful houses, past both the Naval Base and the Amphibious Base (Navy Seals). It was a very nice ride. You can also rent little slurrys (buggys) for more than one person.

I even had a body wrap & massage in the Hotel's Spa and even though it does have a gym like feel the service was great and I really enjoyed it.

The Del had numerous weddings going on during the weekend which accounted for all of the people plus the Labor Day weekend. I guess you just have to keep that in mind. Overall the service was great, I did not have any rude or poor service. I found if you are pleasant and smile when addressing people they will respond the same way.

Overall, I had a great time and would go back, maybe splurging on a cottage with a view of the ocean. This hotel like every other big hotel does have it's own unique problems but it shouldn't prevent you from trying it at least once.

I hope this helps anyone who is thinking twice about visiting. Like I said, I would go back again.

8  Thank Cruiser26968