“Very nice lunch”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
London
“Very nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Whilst on vacation in San Diego we drove over to the Del especially to have lunch. We got a table outside at the Sheerwater without trouble. Very attentive staff as you would expect at this class of hotel. We had a salad and a BBQ pork sandwich, which were very good. Great cocktails.
Despite the hawks they use, beware the marauding seagulls raiding tables!
An expensive lunch, but well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janeandallen
Barry B, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed the oceanfront setting and dining experience at Sheerwater. We hope you come visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Absolutely stunning hotel with great customer service. The only reason this is not a 5 star review is because the hotel is a tourist stop on Coronado, which means that the grounds / restaurants are full of people not staying at the hotel. Rooms were great for the age, staff were all courteous, food was average and overpriced ($25 for Embassy Suites style breakfast). Highly recommend just for the ambience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry B, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Del. As we strive to provide exceptional service, we appreciate your recognition of our wonderful staff and hope that you will join us again soon.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary at the Hotel del Coronado. This was our 7th vacation at 'The Del' and it was fabulous. When making our reservation, the woman informed us of the two nights plus one night free special. We decided to reserve an oceanfront executive suite with covered balcony. It was worth every penny. We spent so many hours watching the waves and the activities below while reading or just relaxing. What a perfect spot! The gentleman at check-in was so helpful and our room was ready!!! We asked for Jose in Sheerwater for the breakfast buffet because he was terrific. Loved our waiter Sebastian at 1500 Ocean. We rented the surrey topped bicycle to ride around along the sidewalks near 'The Del'. The fitness room was full but well equipped. We had a terrific meal off the property at Chez Loma. We love, love 'The Del'! The complimentary bottle of wine for our anniversary was a lovely gesture.

Room Tip: A full oceanfront view room with balcony is worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry B, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are delighted that you chose to celebrate your special occasion here at The Del and had such a memorable experience. We always strive to provide legendary service and sincerely value your recognition of our staff. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Florence, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The island of Coronado is beautiful and a great place to go. Very comfortable and fun place for a quick get away or a family vacation. The Hotel Del Coronado is a very cool place filled with history and things to do. Restaurants were very good and bar and pool area were very comfortable. The beach is beautiful. As for the rooms a whole other story. My family stayed in the tower, which had to be once a comfort inn built next to the hotel and the Hotel del Coronado must have bought it and added a bridge and call it part of the historical property. Although I would say the room was overall clean, it was not worth the $650 a night we paid. The halls had a foul smell and we really felt secluded from the rest of the historical hotel. The prices for every thing were way overrated and over priced. The parking was an additional $31 a day and there are many private events that happen at the hotel. One night the parking was full and although I paid $31 dollars for the day I had no were to park. If I were going back to Coronado I would stay some where else and visit and maybe even eat there but never stay there. If I did feel it necessary to stay at the hotel again I would go with the cheapest room available because there is no real reason to pay the inflated prices for the other room options. the Sunday brunch was over priced but excellent and worth going for even if you do not stay at the hotel. Do not be fooled by the other reviews written I was. The other good reviews are talking more about the hotel itself and not the rooms and price. you can visit the hotel without staying in one of the over priced rooms. I think they would be more successful to lower the price and get what you pay for verses robbing the typical tourist. One of the reason I felt comfortable staying here was Disney Vacation Club promotes this place. We all know anything Disney is expensive but what you get far exceeds your expectations. I would not be surprised it Disney does not drop them soon.

Room Tip: stay some were else but visit to see a little piece of history
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark H
Barry B, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We like to think that we have something for everyone – a relaxing spa, crafts and activities for children, delicious food from our restaurants, breathtaking beach view, etc. We apologize that aspects of your visit did not meet your expectations and hope that your travels bring you back this way again soon.
Newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My hubby surprised me with a trip to Hotel del Coronado for my birthday a couple of years ago. I should have written the review sooner. We had a fantastic time! When we pulled up to the valet, I did not know we were checking in, I just thought we may be at the hotel for dinner or drinks as my hubby had already taken me on a wonderful adventure through San Diego. Once my hubby told me that he had secretly packed our bags and that we were staying the night, I was thrilled!

The lobby was lovely and check in was a breeze. Our room was large, newer, and had a gorgeous view of the beach. After exploring the property, we got gigantic ice cream sundaes from the ice cream shop on property. My final surprise was a spa day the following morning! The spa was heavenly! Dinner on site was also phenomenal. The Del was truly magical, and I would love to go back again some weekend! It is the perfect place for a romantic weekend getaway!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Barry B, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your surprise birthday celebration at The Del and that the experience was so memorable, even a few years later. We hope your husband surprises you again soon with a return visit.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

After spending almost a week at the Del in January, we made a return visit in May for another long stay. This is, undoubtedly, our favorite hotel in the US. The service, room, view, location simply surpass our expectation on every visit. We have been coming to the Del for over thirty years.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pwed
Barry B, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We appreciate your kind support and loyalty all these years and we’re pleased that every aspect of your stay has exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you back for another 30 years.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed while visiting friends for a weekend and really enjoyed my stay. Hotel had a charming atmosphere, but my room seemed to be a bit dated and not maintained as well as it could be. Location is fantastic and great food and beverage options. I hope to return again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Barry B, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your endorsement and we’re pleased that you enjoyed your visit to this iconic resort just steps away from the Best Beach in America. We hope your travels bring you back this way again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#5 of 279 in San Diego
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,954 reviews

Been to Hotel del Coronado? Share your experiences!