Crown City Inn
Hotel del Coronado(Coronado)
$349
Curio.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $438/night.

La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$225
$203
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$269
$212
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$215
$248
$219
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$319
$329
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $367/night.

1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$319
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$221
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$317
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewshomemade jamscoronado islandcomplimentary cookiesgift bagrefrigerator and microwavedog beachthe perfect place to staytea and coffeeroad noisewithin walking distancereasonable rateshousekeeping staffironing boardorange aveair conditioningthe san diego areatwo double beds
Reviewed June 21, 2014

When I return to Coronado, I will be devastated if I can't stay at the Crown City Inn. I brought a school group of 32 here in May and the service was second to none. The rooms are super clean and the property is well maintained. This location is excellent for walking either to the shops at the ferry landing or the restaurants of the main drag. Even though the Bistro is separate from the Inn, it is also prominent in my desire to return. Thank you so much Melissa for helping to make lasting memories for our students!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank James H
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We wanted a quick little trip away. This was perfect. Compared to the price of some of the other hotels on Coronado this was great! Our room was clean and although simple, was perfect for us! The bathroom had bee recently totally refurbished with tile shower and new sink. The bed was very comfortable, pillows awesome, towels fluffy! The super clean and comfortable room had plantation blinds and new sconces and a great air conditioner. Outside the old hotel had been resurrected as a darling, cute hotel with hand painted room numbers and bubbling fountains and tile. The flower beds were a mass of flowers and greens...the pool was clean. The complementary bikes were a big plus. We also noticed a wagon with children's sand toys for use. The desk clerk was awesome and friendly. Great location in walking distance to both the Hotel Del and the Ferry Landing areas. We had breakfast at the Café and loved it! I had the Artichoke Joe and my husband had the eggs and hasbrown and corned beef hash. We will be staying here again and again. Lots of people had their dogs with them as this is a pet friendly hotel. Loved it! Best price on Coronado!

Room Tip: We were in Rm 202. Small room and bathroom, but it was perfect for us! We have stayed in some high end expensive large hotels that were not as clean and nice as this was!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHW34
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Our blended families took over half the motel for a weekend wedding. It is extremely easy to find your way from the airport and only about 10 minutes away. You turn in under a portico and then go into the courtyard. The whole thing has the feel of a hacienda. There are only about 6 parking spaces plus one for a handicapped room but there is plenty of room out back or on the street. The landscaping with dozens of plants and flowers is beautiful.

Very nice rooms, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms appear as though they have recently been modernized and ours had a great rainshower nozzle.

The restaurant is small but the food is fantastic. Breakfast on the patio is a real treat because you have the great atmosphere and fantastic food. Saturday mornings are very busy so make reservations.

Finally the staff are extremely helpful and did everything they could to help us find our way around and to make some recommendations.

One more thing..... their bathroom products were among the best I have ever come across. I even went so far as to look up the company that makes them and I was glad to see that they attempted to make them as natural as possible. Pack some for home! :)

Room Tip: I liked the second floor.... no cars in and out.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank northernwriter7
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in mid-March and enjoyed this hotel very much. Friendly and helpful staff. I was alone and had room 108, which another reviewer said was pretty bright at night. It was somewhat, but I did not mind. The room was clean and comfortable, big towels, great shower, convenient microwave and fridge. Shopped at Boney's Bayside Market which was only a few blocks away-great market. One reason I picked this hotel was that they offer free bikes to ride. Oddly enough, I did not use one, but walked around the island instead. It is easy walking, beautiful neighborhoods and so many shops and eateries along and around Orange Ave. I had breakfast a couple mornings at this hotel's Bistro, and it was wonderful.
The pool area is small, kind of a token it seemed-if you are big on swimming, which I wasn't this trip. The only thing I missed was that there are no balconies to sit on, but the reasonable price of the room made up for that.
During my stay I took public transportation all the time...the MTS from the airport to the ferry, and the ferry to Coronado. There is a bus stop right out front of the hotel. The San Diego Metro Transit System is well run and underused, imo. Just purchase a "Compass Card" for 2.00 and fill it for 1-4 (or more) days passes. Just costs 4 or 5 dollars a day, to ride all day on busses and trolleys, all over the San Diego area.
I certainly would stay at this hotel again, can't wait to return to SD!

Room Tip: The room was a little noisy from the renter's above at times. You may want to consider the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
10  Thank Marti P
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Sometimes I worry about places that say they're "pet friendly" because some places think that's an excuse to have shabby, dirty rooms. The Crown City Inn was nothing like that. The room was clean and spacious, it was nice to have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom amenities were really nice, the towels were so soft and fluffy. The tea and coffee selection was great. They welcomed our dogs with open arms, and treats! They provided a list of dog-friendly places and services in the area. There was some traffic sound from the street out front, but earplugs helped. We didn't have an opportunity to use the free bicycles, but we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank shinysideout
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thanks so much for your review. We keep ALL of our rooms as clean and fresh as possible--including the "pet rooms." When I used to travel with my own dog, I disliked it so much because we'd end up with an old, smoky room. I vowed never to do that here at Crown City Inn. I'm also glad you enjoyed the rest of what we offer too!