“Free Parking! Free Wifi!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crown City Inn

Crown City Inn
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
“Free Parking! Free Wifi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

In a resort community the title perks are big pluses for me. The motel is basic and comfortable. The staff was more than helpful..personable, and printed boarding passes for us in our absence during the day.
We enjoyed walking from end to end on the island and really could have done without a car completely for a short visit. The motel is located on a lovely street made for pedestrians with shops and restaurants a few blocks away. The attached restaurant was very good, I advise reservations in the evening as there are few tables with much business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Joy33:
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do not charge extra for anything--WiFi, Parking, Bicycles, Coffee, Afternoon Cookies, etc.. Our policy is to provide what we think are nice services to our guests, and I'm happy that you liked and appreciated those things. In return, we hope you come back to stay with us again; and maybe even pass along the word as you have done here!
Melissa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gleeson. AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Last minute hotel change, decided to give this property a try. I knew making this reservation that it wasn't a resort so I didn't set my expectations too high.
Everyone was very friendly at this hotel, check in simple, minimal parking on-site but plenty of street parking. The rooms were a nice size, very clean, functional, the best was each room includes a refrigerator, big plus when staying a few days. If you using the hotel as a place to sleep this gets the job done. Only negative comment was the water pressure, very low in the room I had. It took forever to take a shower and even washing your hands in the sink took sometime. I didn't bring it to managements attention as I looked at it as a way to slow me down and relax, stop rushing.
I would stay here again, very friendly staff, including housekeeping, great location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg B
Dear GregB:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for noting specifically all the things you liked about us. I apologize for the water pressure. There is a lot of sand in the water coming in, and we have filters, but sometimes the faucets get clogged & it sounds like we need to check them again. I hope you'll stay again, and find it is a strong, powerful shower!
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Wow...we stopped in for a weekend brunch and what a delight. We sat outdoors and watched the Coronado residence and visitors cruise past - all ages, bicycles, joggers and walkers. The food was wonderful. Eggs Benedict were my favorite. Of course the weather was California perfect. Altho we did not stay at the hotel it looks like a charming place.

Stayed July 2013
Sedona, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Thanks to Keith for the warm welcome and the bag of doggie treats for our dog Bear! Our room was clean and comfortable. The property is well maintained and charming. Coronado in the summer is busy, busy, at Crown City Inn you can park your car and not have to drive, this location is perfect for walking to both sides of the island. Robb was also very helpful in the evenings. Enjoyed our stay, would recommend to others and we would return for another visit. If you are traveling with a dog...Coronado doggie beach is terrific!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BearSedona_AZ
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks so much for all the nice comments about your stay. I'm glad that our staff and property were up to the standards to we strive for. We love seeing and meeting customer's pets. I see that Bear is not on our photo board of "pet guests." Next time you come, bring a photo or we'll take one and put him up for all to see!
Melissa Miller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was the first time my family and I have been to Coronado. We decided to go during Fourth of July weekend . We could not find a hotel they were all booked I found Crown City by searching hotels in coronado and came across it. I called and spoke with Roger who was absolutely helpful on getting me a room at a great price. When arrived the staff was so friendly they had gifts for my children and the room was great bed was comfortable bathroom very clean and nice. Great location walking distance a plus to everything in town. I would defiantly go back and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank RRick02
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking time to send in a review. I'm so happy to get a new customer, and that you liked what we had to offer. Hope to see you again next time!
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Nice friendly place at reasonable rates for Coronado. Super decoration in the bathroom. Room smalla nd standard but very confortable. Micro wave and hot water and fridge- so helps for making small meals also. Free cookies in the lodge !

Room Tip: rooms on the first flooor are best. Limited parking space but lots of space on the road next to the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks so much for your nice comments. We hope to see you again sometime soon!
Steubenville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I traveled to Coronado as part of a navy reunion and decided to revisit this fine, well located, small hotel. The meals served in the Bistro were excellent, as were all the overall services. The rooms are well appointed but not overdone. The staff members were extremely kind, courteous, and often really helpful. Additionally, there is a VFW across the street where one can quench one's thirst relatively cheaply. Because I had to leave extremely early on Monday morning, they made sure that I was checked out properly on Sunday night. At 5 am, the airport is only a 15 minute taxi ride. If I ever return to Coronado/San Diego again, I will most certainly stay at the Crown City Inn. For me, it's my home away from home.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, ask for room 114; otherwise you can't light up.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
I'm so glad you had a good time at the Crown City Inn. What a great group of people you had for your reunion. All my staff commented on how nice and how fun you all were. I'm very happy to hear that you were happy with our services too! I'm hoping you'll come back soon, reunion or not.