“Beautiful.....miles of beach.”

Silver Strand State Beach
Ranked #4 of 41 things to do in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most beautiful beaches in the San Diego area, the Silver Strand Beach State Park is on the southern coast of Coronado.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Beach was white sand and miles of it outside town and in the town of Coronado. Loews had a golf cart that took us to their beach and offered towels, chairs and umbrellas for free with service back to the hotel when ready.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Enjoyed our family time on the RV campsite. Did not have problems with the camp host, despite several comments I read on the matter. We were fortunate that the people next to our site left the following morning we got in and nobody else took that spot, so we had a very nice ocean view without paying the ocean front parking spot ( which were all reserved).
The weather was very nice! Water is normal for California beaches. Take your bikes! Very popular with all the campers. There is also a very nice bike trail that takes you all the way downtown Coronado (about 5 miles from the sites). The website indicates they have Wifi...they do, if you go about 200 ft from the tower...this is farther than the location of the RV's. They have a small snack bar, nothing great...good enough to get an ice cream and chips ( which usually RV campers have with them), burgers sold at this place were reheated on microwave (saw this while waiting on line). The beach is nice; however, since it is a state reserve beach it is covered with seaweed! I do not mind a little seaweed but this was out of this world. Also some weird looking seaweed ( I am guessing) that looked like a combination jelly fish and chicken liver in a red color...really grossed me out. Considering this, I enjoyed my time spend here because I was with my family but I most likely look for a different on the beach camping location where the beach is cleaner.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nice long beachwith lovely sand. It is however full of seaweed and flies that live on it It looks a real mess and is not a pleasure to spend time on

2  Thank PDJM
Reviewed August 14, 2012

There is nothing on this beach except a little snack bar and washrooms. Other than that it is completely unspoiled and very, very quiet. We stayed across the street at the Loews (excellent) but other than that there are no other resorts or hotels around. There is a campsite in the state park on the beach but the beach is still really quiet. And the water is amazing. We visited in August and the water temperature was probably about 72F, which is warmer than I expected. There are pretty good waves for boogie boarding, but I don't think it's a great surfers' beach. It's very gentle and shallow for young children.

1  Thank johnnycanuck72
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very uncrowded, and very clean. Preferred the ocean side to the bay side. Enjoyed watching the many windsurfers.

1  Thank Nancy W