“Expensive for what you get”

Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Good:
* Great view of Coronado Bay
* Clean rooms
* Well-maintained hotel grounds
* Seems like a good place for a relaxing family vacation

The Bad:
* Parking is expensive.. $29 self-parking and $33 for valet
* Not located near the beach
* Rooms need to be updated

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I'll start by saying wow. What a location and what a beautiful hotel.

HOWEVER,
$12.95 FOR WIFI
$29 FOR SELF PARK.

For the amount of money you spend to stay here, I genuinely think that these should be free. Because of this is why I rated service so low.

Ordered the bbq salmon for $24 and they gave me sweet baby rays bbq sauce for bbq. Thankfully i got it on the side. Come on, man! I can say I will look elsewhere next time.

Beatiful hotel, needs more inclusive guest amenities.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Beautiful entrance, and the reception and valet personnel were very friendly, the room has a plenty of space and it has a little fridge and coffee spot, bathroom was spacious also and in great conditions, what I liked the most was the bed: mattress, pillows and sheets were great and I appreciated that over all!

Unfortunately we only stayed for a day, so I didn't have the chance to go around the area but I can tell the view was beautiful and the breakfast on the terrace was great thus it worth the price :)

Oh, there was something that I didn't expect...there was a Wi-Fi fee, so I was like really? I mean room charge was a kind of pricey already and I would expect it to cover all...

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a great hotel. Nicer rooms, great patio, good facilities and pool and close to the harbor. It's hard to find any fault with this hotel. We had a large reunion and everyone loved the location so much, we're re-booking for next year. Can't wait.

Room Tip: It looks to me that they're all good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank fdale3
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just returned from a 4 night stay in one of the one bedroom villas. Upon entering the lobby, we were taken back by the uninviting, dark, dreary lobby. This is not your typical Marriott decor. I'm so sorry we booked at this hotel. The only thing going for this hotel is the location. Apparently Marriott
does not feel that it needs to update this hotel since people sadly will pay the high price tag just because it is in Coronado. I really felt like I was staying in a 2 star hotel. The room had a lot of dust
hanging on the walls and the baseboards. This is unacceptable when paying over 400.00 per night.
Come on Marriott....you could do much better.

1  Thank Sandschim
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I have just returned from an incredible week long vacation in Coronado, California and the Marriott Coronado Island Resort did their part to make this possible! From the moment we checked in to the last second before leaving everyone on the hotel staff made us feel important.

There was a minor issue in our room (smoke alarm) and it was resolved in about 10 minutes after reporting it. The shower drain was still slow to drain but that is probably from years of use! Overall the facility, grounds and furnishings were excellent. The only real area of concern that should be mentioned is the condition of the lounge chairs and umbrellas at the pool. They have served their customers well and are in need of replacement. the other item would be the charge for parking...Really? Hasn't the parking garage been paid for already? $29 is pretty steep to park a car overnight when you are already paying for a room.

Other than that, the front desk staff, the coffee bar, the resturant staff, the front door/parking attendants, the housekeeping staff, grounds keepers and pool staff should all be commended! Thank you very much for a wonderful time and I look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor (only 3 floors, elevators are slow) that looks over San Diego Bay
2  Thank PW7382
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We only spent one night here, and it happened to be after a pretty lousy day (unrelated to our stay). I was grateful for the lovely view from the pool--we spent a breezy couple hours there after the sun went down. A very, very nice place without feeling at all pretentious.

1  Thank MMRdV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
#1 of 17 in Coronado
Beach Village at The Del
#15 of 17 in Coronado
La Avenida Inn
#5 of 17 in Coronado
Downtown
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

Been to Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa

Address: 2000 Second Street, Coronado, CA 92118-1551 (Formerly Marriott Coronado Island Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > California > Coronado
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Luxury Hotel in Coronado
#2 Spa Hotel in Coronado
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Coronado
#6 Romantic Hotel in Coronado
#6 Business Hotel in Coronado
#8 Family Hotel in Coronado
Price Range: $234 - $489 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa 4*
Enjoy stunning views of the San Diego skyline from the balcony of your newly renovated luxury suite at Marriott Coronado Island Resort & Spa. Our hotel on Coronado Island in San Diego County, California provides a comfortable atmosphere for relaxation and renewal with a variety of luxurious on-site features. Explore our tranquil beach community by renting a bike, basking on sun-filled beaches. Guests will discover convenience to beautiful sandy beaches, shopping and fine dining at Ferry Landing. After the day is done, return to our Coronado Island resort to relax in luxury with oversized bath tubs, down comforters and plush beds with cotton-rich linens. Flat-panel TVs, connectivity panels and high-speed Internet access keep guest well-entertained. Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa also boasts breathtaking indoor/outdoor event spaces with over 26,000 square feet for your dream wedding or conference event. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Coronado Island Hotel Coronado