“I didn't think I would like it but I did”

Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
San Diego, California
“I didn't think I would like it but I did”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I spent a few nights here recently for work and was most surprised. I had visited the hotel and thought it lacked atmosphere. However, when staying there the experience was very different. The bar area is welcoming, the service quick and friendly and the area very clean. There is also a poolside bar with fire pit tables, although I didn't see them lit. You can dine out there also. The room had a balcony looking across the bay to Downtown Dan Diego and the Coronado Bay Bridge. The sunrise in the morning, from this location was quite the way to start the day! The bathroom was very spacious and the bath tub huge! The meeting rooms upstairs were well laid out with large open windows to the water. A great view when you have been in presentations all day. There is a water taxi to Downtown San Diego but I had my car so drove customers to dinner. All in all, a great place to have a smaller conference.

Room Tip: Say you want a balcony on a lower level. I don't like having to walk for miles to and from my r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent eight nights at the resort partially for business and partially on vacation. The place is clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and genuinely cares about you and your comfort. The place is very relaxing with a view of the San Diego bay and the San Diego Skyline. Although the place seems remote from everything, it is actually minutes away from the San Diego downtown and the beautiful and quaint Coronado downtown. The amenities are abundant and although the hotel has its own restaurant with a limited menu, it is within walking distance from the Ferry Landing with many wonderful eateries and shops. We would definitely to try to go back given the chance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view
1 Thank Valiant10000
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a very nice property. All employees were very professional, courteous and polite. Room rate for our group was very reasonable. I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast buffet is very good albeit a bit overpriced at $22 (as best I can recall) A couple days I couldn't find the butter at the buffet and had to ask for it which was a bit annoying.

Sarasota
Reviewed October 26, 2013

As a biz traveller, I stay in plenty of hotels and many are Marriott. This property is wonderful in every way - well appointed rooms, fabulous location and views, good food (somewhat hotelly though), excellent service and staff, very nice fitness facilities and pools. Didn't use the spa. We walked 6 minutes on the sea walk to a nice water front dinner at Il Fornaio. Maybe I just picked the right dates, but the rates were good. Extremely competitive to hotels in downtown. And a much more tranquil place. Ask for a bay front room! Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
North Port, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had an absolutely fabulous wedding and reception here and have told everyone. The setting, staff, food could not be beat. The wedding planner, Indira, was the best. I had a Spa day on sight and felt very pampered. All of the suggestions for tours made our added stay so much fun.

• Stayed October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Last year we had our wedding at the Marriot. Can I tell you how perfect and beautiful it was?! The staff made our day fabulous, the rooms were great, and the whole environment was beautiful. We are lucky to have such a great place to have our anniversaries at. There is so much to do in walking distance and downtown San Diego is so close by water taxi. If anyone has questions I would be sure to answer honestly. THANK YOU SAN DIEGO!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fayshan21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#5 of 279 in San Diego
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,969 reviews

Been to Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!