Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$269
$212
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

Hotel del Coronado(Coronado)
$349
Curio.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $438/night.

La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$225
$203
$248
$219
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$197
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

1906 Lodge(Coronado)
$319
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$319
$229
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$221
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
$317
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
$2,854
$1,099
Curio.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,244/night.

1,490 results
All reviewswater taxicoronado islandferry landingsan diegowalking pathbay viewconvention centertennis courtsseaport villagegaslamp quarterself parkingsofa bedsmall fridgebike rentalsrooms are largefire pitnice property
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just stayed here and found it to be a tired, older property that probably had some pizzazz 25 years ago. When I arrived by taxi, three valet attendants watched me take my two bags and walk to the front door. None moved. They watched me drop one bag, open the door, pick up my bag and walk inside. I was astonished as there were three of them and they were not doing anything.

Front desk staff was consistently friendly, although not totally there. When I checked in she was nice, but not very engaging, like she was on autopilot. And when I checked out and she asked how things were, I replied with an honest, "Eh, not great." She gave me an awkward smile and then went on checking me out without asking about my lackluster response.

Room was old. The carpets were stained which is something I find repulsive as heck. And the bathroom was in incredibly poor condition. When I flushed the toilet I had to manually move the lever back up or it would stay down and run interminably. The bathroom sink also had a wonky faucet which would not allow me to run a small amount of water. It would immediately open up to full blast. Only way I could get a slower stream of water was to hold the faucet with one hand.

The housekeepers did a nice job, replenishing everything I used including tea bags which are often overlooked and not restocked.

The building itself was also old and dirty. I understand they are on the Pacific, but the outer building was disgusting. Walking through the hotel to my room (which was at the far end of the hotel near the water) I was amazed at how dirty the structure was.

Luckily I only had to stay two nights. I will not be back unless they do a significant overhaul.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a lovely 3 day stay in Coronado. After visiting all of the beaches in the San Diego area Coronado was definitely the highlight- be sure to get down to the beach. The hotel location is perfect, bay views and a nice path to walk along the water to restaurants, shops and water taxi. The breakfasts at the hotel were delicious and service was exceptional.

As others have stated in room WiFi should certainly be complimentary for all guests. And the parking fees should be reduced, expecially if you are staying for more than one night.

If you rent a bike from the hotel be sure to stay on the bike path around town. We headed out toward the bridge and followed along with other bikers on a designated bike path- lovely ride until we had two flat tires on one of our bikes (there is definitly something on this path as we saw four other people in the same situtaion) and we were 6 miles from the hotel and off the island. Do not follow this bike path unless you are up for a long bike ride and possible flat tire. If you do head out toward the bridge stay to the right when you get down near the Hotel Del Coronado so you can loop around the island. The hotel staff were very accommodating in assisting us with this mishap

Room Tip: If you go for a bay side view be sure to ask for a room on an upper floor. Our initial room was on the ground level and was completely obstructed; the front desk staff was very accommodating and we were moved to an upper level room with a view. The rate for the ground floor "rooms with a view" should be reduced.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel is wonderful. The rooms are perfect with great views. Grandkids had a ball at the pool. The service was professional, helpful, and friendly. Security even opened up gift shop during closed hours for me to obtain OTC medicine for granddaughter. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The positive was the City Lights View of SD and the access to the public walkway in front of the hotel and that's about it. We went there for a Honeymoon and did not even get a "Congratulations!" from the staff. The room's carpet was soiled as well as the couch and it smelled of fumigation. Nothing special from the decor just old mismatched furniture. The bathroom was recently remodeled however and was large. There was suppose to be a Water Taxi service to the mainland included with the stay but "Sorry its not Running" was the answer we got and so we paid $12/person to go to R/T to SD each night by the public one. No pool service whatsoever and the water dispenser was even empty. Pool bar Closed! Breakfast orders were often messed up and the maid did not speak any English. BTW I live in So Cal and its not that I do not have a grasp of the Spanish language it just tells me that the Marriott is cutting corners. Internet service was free in the lobby area only and was horrid. I know my old 300 baud modem was faster. The refrigerator was not capable of chilling a bottle of wine and so a cooler and ice bucket were necessary. The bottom line,... sure its Coronado Island and its a Beach Resort. But we even prepaid for the breakfast and it ended up costing us. If your going to shut down your Hotel after September because its the off season then you should let the people know before we book and we will go elsewhere. I would never go back as I think there are many better options on Coronado Island.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first.
1  Thank SoCalTravelerUSA
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed in one of the villas the night we were married. We decided to return this last weekend when we were in town for the Keith Urban concert (which was great) and this time we had a villa with a bay view. The room was spacious, clean and had a spectacular view. We could walk to everything we needed and we could just sit on the porch and admire the city and the bay. The huge shower with two shower heads was also great. Service was excellent, we ordered breakfast and it was great. I hope we don't wait another 16 years to come back!

Room Tip: The villas are great, but not all have a view. We stayed in villa 422 and loved it.