“What a cross-breeze!, great location, responsive...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
washer and dryer in house
Carport for parking
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

A TripAdvisor Member
“What a cross-breeze!, great location, responsive owner,”
Reviewed August 13, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I was in the midst of a career transition from a 25+ year job into independent consulting and other possibilities. It seemed a great time to treat myself to a month-long "wellness vacation" in Coronado and bring my daughter and her dog along for the experience. The appeal of this home was its simplicity as it appears to be one of the original cottages on Coronado and was appointed simply with neutral colors, a lack of clutter (we could bring our own) and most of the appliances necessary to keep house while moving about (I bought a cookie sheet). And, if you opened the windows from front to back, what an amazing cross-breeze.

I awoke each day no later than 6 a.m. to walk the 4-legs and have a bit of yogurt then either walked or biked (bikes provided) to the other end of the island (1.7 miles) for an 8 a.m. water aerobics class at the community center. On weekends, I did the same commute to then bike the bike path (4.25 miles) to the Loews Coronado resort and then the same trail back to the community center and shower and hitch the bike to free bus back to the house. The supermarket was approximately 6 NYC blocks away from the house - so walkable. But as my daughter groaned, it would be a straight shot from 3rd or 4th to Second Avenue if it weren't for the street being by streets with major traffic either coming into or leaving Coronado via the bridge that connects it to San Diego. Other than that, the location was close to the parks for fireworks, concerts and to shopping if you decide to visit without a car.

The neighbors on the street were cordial and except for one incidence with a neighbor that appeared to want to investigate the vacationers, there was no issues of concern. The front lawn was set for repair upon our arrival and the work did begin about a week after our stay and the workers were polite and in- and out. The only oversight was that the owner did not schedule lawn care in either front or back because of the impending work and after about 2 weeks the back lawn had pretty much gone back to nature. I did not spend as much time in back as my daughter - except to take out garbage or leave via back gate to ride the bike and so it was more of an inconvenience for my daughter.

The only problematic issue was a repeated plumbing issue which had the tub backing up and water filling into the tub. However, Genvieve handled all issues quickly - within a day of notifying her and although this was a slight nuisance for me since I spent much time at the pool, it was a bit more unsettling for my daughter who spent more time at the house.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;