“Excellant food and beautiful setting”
Review of Cafe Jardin

Cafe Jardin
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Jardin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH and MacArthur
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Food was excellantly prepared and fun to just sit and enjoy the beautiful flowers and wonderful weather!

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I visited Sherman Library and Gardens recently with friends. We strolled the gardens and gift shop, then were seated for lunch on the patio at Cafe Jardin which has a pretty view of the flower garden and fountains. We enjoyed the 3 course prix fixe meal for $25. I recommend the salad, the trout, and the apple tart. All good!

2  Thank VistaDelSol
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stumbled into this restaurant on our way down to San Diego. It was a nice day so we sat in the garden and enjoyed the flowers while eating. The food was simple but we thought it was very good and reasonably priced. The service was competent and friendly. I had the pate and meatloaf while my wife had the smoked salmon and beet salad. A quick spin around the gardens afterwards rounded off a pleasant meal.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

The $3 per person "entry fee" didn't sit right with us. There is no arguing. The ticket person was brusk, the waiter was uninformed and seriously poor. The waiter even reached across me , nearly knocking off my glasses when he should have stepped to the other side of me. The waiter didn't know what a particular dish even was, let alone how it was cooked. Portions were miniscule. Prices were high. The flowers, while pretty, are not unusual for this area, mostly begonias and palms and fuschias. Even if you absolutely HAVE to sit outdoors, there are better choices nearby. And even though it was outdoors, it seemed extremely noisy.

Reviewed March 13, 2008

We were a group of 8 and had made reservations for the group quiche lunch, advertised on their web site as $20.50 including tax and gratuity. When the bill came, they charged $27.50 per person. I refused to pay the extra $60. When I showed the manager a copy of the menu from his own web site, he became angry and loudly accused me of stealing his money. I still refused to pay the extra $60 and he finally gave me a new check. He was rude and ruined the day for our group.

2  Thank MzMaggie