“They're simply nailing it at this place. Perfect.”
Review of Bandera

Bandera
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: American Cooking with a Southwestern Flavor.
Tempe, Arizona
“They're simply nailing it at this place. Perfect.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Wow. What a great place! The French Dip and the Hamburger both qualify as best we've ever had. The cornbread is ridiculously good. The grilled corn on the cob was outstanding too. Beef ribs were beef ribs (pork are always better), and the chicken was just a little on the dry side, but these are minor quibbles. The staff is attentive and friendly, the beer is good and cold, the music is just right...they're just nailing it here.

• Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California
“The best sweet crunchy freshly baked cornbread in the cast iron skillet!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This CdM location is always a fabulous local hangout. Long line to wait for table, no reservations over the phone. Bar seating is first come, first serve. Always crowded - opens 5pm for dinner only.

Delicious ahi tuna poke - with the contrast of the macadamia nuts against the mango and avocado, yummy. Then there is the tender prime rib French dip, with that steaming hot au jus dipping sauce!

Can't forget my fresh cornbread baked in the black cast iron skillet too. We always go crazy over it...

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious and fun... and very well served”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Really welcoming service from the moment we arrived. The server gave us lots of good ideas. I was with colleague who had before so knew what to look for or avoid. I had ribs and chicken with a superb cole slaw... really interesting dressing. Though others went for other sides and they all seemed to enjoy them.
I thought the ribs were slightly better than the chicken but both were perfectly marinaded and cooked just right...
Good fun dinner.... quiet enough to chat...

• Visited June 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Great place to be seen!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The atmosphere is great, as is the bar scene. I just don't think the food is that great, I wish I did. I eat out everyday, so I want good food.

Visited June 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Slipping a bit”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been to Bandera's on multiple occasions for the past 10 years and on my last two visits I found the quality of the food just average. Now charging a wine corkage they seem to rush you through. This past visit the server did not clearly explain the serving options so 2 of our party of 4 got their salad with their main course. I will rethink before going back to what was one of my favorites.

• Visited June 2013