“Very nice for what it is”

Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Corona
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 16, 2007

While it has a layout like a motel (each room is entered from the outside), the rooms are quite nice. Comparable to a Holiday Inn, probably. I booked the room via Hotwire.com, and while it wasn't where I was hoping it would be (Riverside), its location is not bad (15 minutes from Riverside). Front desk clerk was friendly, and entire facility was clean. While it is close to the freeway, I could not hear any noise whatsoever (my room was second floor overlooking the pool). If you want to save a little money over the Marriott or Mission Inn in Riverside, and don't mind driving an extra 15 minutes, this is not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed October 16, 2006

This hotel was a very nice stay - but beware: the room was so dark, the hotel must cater to vampires! We can understand that there's no point in wasting power and fluorescent bulbs are showing up in hotels across the country. But 12 watts? Let's be reasonable. I had to use 2 lamps on one nightstand just to read before going to sleep.

To shed some light on other hotel features, the Ayres is a nice, upscale place. The rooms are spaceous, clean, and decorated in this "olde world style". The desk clerks with helpful and efficient. The room was quiet: no noise from the hall or outside. Breakfast was simple, but with variety. The wireless internet was a quick and easy connection. There are plenty of shopping and dining options within an easy walking distance. It was nice to see a hotel security guard after dark. Whether he stayed around until 3AM, I didn't check. If you have mobility problems, ask for a room on the first floor because this place does not have an elevator (saving electricity again?)

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 2, 2006

We had a softball team to get rooms for. They were so nice to accomodate us. We had a wonderful breakfast that filled our bellies for hours! You can tell customer service is there #1 priority. Nancy exceeded our expectations and we thank her. We had wonderful rooms and the beds were so comfortable. It was nice to have a mini kitchen to fix late night snacks for the girls!!! The only thing was a towel shortage @ the pool, but they were trying to take care of it ASAP. So it would be wise to bring your own pool towel. We were in the 2nd building which im sure was alot more quiter then the rooms by the pool!! there were tons of kids there that weekend. Great overall experience. We will stay again!!

Reviewed June 5, 2006

Great Value, rooms clean and large, breakfast wonderful, recommend the pancakes!

• Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I found this deal through bidding on Priceline. I had no idea what I was getting for $50, but when I walked into the lobby and was greated by the staff I was very happy with my choice.

The rooms are very well kept. There were plenty of towels, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms are big. I stayed in Room 146. I found the decor very nice. It has a rustic theme.

The two things that stand out in my mind were the wet mini bar, refrigerator and microwave and the FREE breakfast in the morning. This is not a continental style breakfast. There were eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, juice, fruit and potatoes.

It is not in scenic part of town, but it is not in a "questionable" part of town either. I felt very comfortable and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I would rate this hotel two and half stars only because a portion of it is accessible from the outside like a motel would be. BUT, it's no motel. It is very nice. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2005

Stayed here in Feb and March, 2005. Both times were excellent. Clean, well appointed rooms. Parking lot is well lit. Staff is caring and attentive. Complimentary breakfast is one of the best. I travel to this area each year on business and will definitely stay here again.

4  Thank Franciscob2012
Reviewed May 2, 2005

Stayed at the Ayres Suites west in Corona on business. The ambiece is very nice and cozy. Kind of a mountain rustic feel. For 89.00 per night I thought it was a great value. The pool & spa area although a bit small were very clean. The hotel rooms had some nicer touches than the Marriott courtyard we recently stayed in. Extra shampoos,conditioner, hand lotions etc. A mini fridge, microwave oven, very roomy rooms. Oversized bath tub..nice touch. granite counter tops...A bonus was free breakfast! It is a partial buffet style with a cook on hand to fix waffles or pancakes. Cold creals, breakfast breads, fresh fruit as well as sausage, bacon and potatoes.
My ONE and ONLY complaint/suggestion: Splurge and get some new mattresses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were in room #215 and it was the absolute worst hotel bed we have ever slept on. And we have stayed in a few rough places over the years while on the road.
I would much rather have paid for breakfast and had a good nights rest.

Be assured my hubby and I are not picky people. When we want a true get away we spend the x-tra bucks at a resort. But that bed in #215 was torture. We could actaully feel some of the springs!
Soooo, if you go.....request a comfy bed. By the way if we were going to stay a 2nd night we would have requested a room change. It was that bad where we could not fathom another night on that bed!

5  Thank lilnell