Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West
$119
$129
$124
Best Western Corona(Corona)(Great Value!)
$87
BestWestern.com
$169
$123
$126
$65
$74
TripAdvisor
All reviewsglen ivysausagehappy hourrooms were very cleanvery nice hotelhot breakfastpotatoesgreat breakfasteggsroom keyexcellent staybed was very comfortableoatmealgreat place to stayfront desk stafffull kitchenno elevator
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Stayed a little too long in Disney and knew we needed to stop for the night on our way back to Nv. First time we ever got a room 1/2 way home... but we always stop in Corona for the delicious carnitas at Miguels (ummmm) and remembered that the Ayres hotel is right nect door so we called 411 and got transfered and booked it!

Upon arrival we were disappointed to find that, information had transfered us to the "other Ayres hotel." We'll we had dinner, then went in search of the hotel and after a few turns were pleasently surprised at the cottage appearance (very different from the business like Ayres East (we now know there are East and West hotels in Corona).

It was late and dark and the neighboorhood looked a little low end but we entered and it was very relaxing inside. the lobby and staff all very accomodating (my son curled up in a chair as if at home... it has that feel of visiting someone's home). Check in was a breeze, the room was clean, the view nice (lots of trees) and the beds were heaven!

We ventured out to the little store just on the other side of the parking lot (similar to a drug store with out a pharmacy) nothing to write home about, but it had some souveniers and we bought inexpensive sandels and a toy.

Next morning, free breakfast and it was fresh and delicious!

I've recommemed it to friends and family and they loved it's charm as well.

My Mother just called me trying to book and did not want to make the mistake of booking the East one as she had done that once before and was disappointed with the strange 1/2 wall in between the two beds... good for a business trip (ah, personal space) but for hanging out with an old friend, hard to "catch up" with a wall in the way ... :)

Anyhow, it reminded me to write the review. When we stop for an overnight, we stay here. She's going there is 2 days, so if it's somethig has changed drastically, I'll update this.

By the way, the neighborhood was not bad in the morning...perception was off at night I guess.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kandzhawk
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Our group stayed here for a large dog show at Prado prak. The staff was great and very helpfull. The pet areas clean with bags provided. The rooms super nice! So clean and fresh. Beds so comfortable I wanted to bring it home lol. The breakfast was a bit basic and bland but over all good. The courtyard is very nice ,our group spent great evening in it and they allowed us to bring in outside food. The pool is quite and clean. The surrounding location not very pretty lol but easy freeway access. Del taco and In And out within a mile. Good Mexican resteraunt right next door. Highly recommend to people with pets . Prado Park was less then 10 minutes away so perfect for people with events there. Will definatley make this our place to stay whenever in So CA. The only slight drawback is they had no phone book in room and nothing available on local resteraunts or attractions like many hotels do.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fortglory
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed here while visiting family. We found the location to be perfict for us. The hotel was clean, The rooms large, and the staff friendly and helpfull. We plan on staying again in June.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I traveled to Corona for business. This is by far the best deal for $99. The staff were all top notch. The breakfast was great, as described in previous reviews. The afternoon "happy hour" was great. You can easily make this a lite dinner, which is a great bonus if you have kids! The rooms were very spacious and well appointed. Only downfall is the area. While not crime ridden, it did leave something to be desired when it came to food choices. There is a good Mexican restaurant (El Torito style) next door and plenty of fast food if that's what you're into. But, as far as sit down restaurants, you'll need to hop on the freeway for a short distance. There is a nice size pool and spa in the center courtyard, as well as BBQ facilities should you choose to cook your own.

As mentioned, I traveled for business and we paid a government rate. When I asked the front desk how much their standard price was I couldn't believe my ears. This hotel is a GREAT bargain for $99. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We came to Californian to play in a baseball tournament. This was our team hotel for our preteen children. We stayed 4 nights.

As noted by others, there are two buildings that this hotel consists of. One building is the typical hotel with hallways and the other has all outside facing doors. We stayed in the motel style building that has a pool and hot tub in the middle court yard area. The breakfast and evening 'dinner' is served in the more conventional newer hotel building.

I didn't like the fact that if staying in the motel style building you have to carry your luggage up the stairs to get to your second story room. This can be a problem for people with back problems or smaller people like my wife that might have problems carrying heavy stuff up stairs. It can also be very dangerous trying to maneuver stairs with heavy items.

The front desk people were nice and the grounds were kept clean.

I was quite annoyed that our initial 3 key cards did not work at all. While we sat in the heat with our luggage the kid went to the front desk and returned with three more keys: none of which worked. I went down and got three more which did work. Upon entry into the room there were two queen beds with a small island thing between them with a small fridge, microwave, and sink. There was a 27 inch tube tv against the wall centered between the beds. It was difficult to have people in each bed looking at the tv at the same time because of the angle.

The sink and mirrors were out in the open with no door. I don't like that.

The tub/shower and tub did have a door.

The shower head was pretty good with good pressure.

The carpets were really dirty but not visibly so. I wiped up a spilled area of lotion on the floor with a white towel and after only a few swipes, the towel was filthy.

The breakfast in the morning is adequate. The evening snack thing they have is also adequate.

The one poster that stated there is nothing around here to eat is nuts. There is a Miguels next door along with KFC, Dairy Queen, Del Taco, pizza, a donut place, a sub place, a Denny's and a ton of other places to eat. I had my Garmin GPS that had many food places in it's preprogrammed list of places to eat. I had a rental car and was able to drive around. Many places are a short walk away.

The neighborhood didn't seem to be the best but it wasn't an issue. There were no weirdos walking around and there are security gates to access the inner courtyard where we were staying. I don't recall hearing cop cars or seeing abandoned cars around. We felt safe here. It is right off the freeway.

I would recommend that if you don't want to be by the pool, which can get noisy, that you get a room in the newer building or a room that faces away from the inner court yard where the pool is.

The ac is one of those built in below the window units and it seemed to do a good job cooling the room along with the ceiling fan. It is not one of those window units that you buy at the store.

There is free wireless internet in the room and free internet on one of their desktop computers in the lobby with a printer. The computer is free to use so you could print out directions or boarding passes if you wished.

Parking is free.

They have a couple of washers and dryers that are coin operated. They sell laundry soap here also. There are a few vending machines for snacks/drinks. There are also a few ice machines.

A CVS pharmacy is about a mile down the road.

That is all I can really say about the place, other than the grounds seemed pretty clean and maintained pretty well. There is a gas fireplace in the courtyard with a built in bbq which we used a few times.

My wife did complain to me about the bathroom floor being dirty but she was passed out on it and throwing up in the toilet so it couldn't have been too bad.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family