“Nice place for the price”

Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Corona
GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas
“Nice place for the price”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last May and we were very happy. I think we spent around $150 for the night but it was a suites with 2 full size/queen beds and a seperate area with a kitchen dinning table and sofa that turned into another bed. It was perfect for us because there were 3 of us guys staying. The only complaint I have is that the front desk is in the hotel next to the one we stayed in so that Was a bit of a pain but all in all a great stay. If you're looking for something fun to do while staying here there is a place called SC Village that has a HUGE paintball & airsoft facility.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival noticed building was decent on the outside but once entering to the lobby it was absolutely ugly, decoration was cabin like with heads of deer and taxidermy all over. The gentleman who helped us, let us look at the room before booking, first room was old and musty, carpet was discussing, weird arraignment of room,( ex.. Bed, then sink, then bed, then bathroom.). We went back the guy was rely helpful we expressed that we were looking for something cleaner and more kept up in which he suggested the other side of the property, we checked it out, it looked like some one cheaply renovated the area, but was clean. Smelled a bit old and musty but not to bad. Halls had old creepy Victorian style paintings of people from that era, the kind that freaks you out when you go get ice at night. Anyways it was very mediocre at best but since there was no other place nearby we decided to book it. The gentleman who helped us was extremely nice. Upon check in he asked for my credit card in which he took a manual imprint of it on paper and told me it was for incidentals, I asked him was kind of incidentals, in which he explained that water was $4 and there was no movies so pretty much just in case I drank the water.

We were hesitant to have the card imprinted but he told us that next day after checking out They would destroy it or let us take the paper with the imprint. We thought hat was reasonable so we stayed. The next day we proceed to check out and the lady who attended to us (Robbin lady in her 40-50s) . While she was checking us out she was short and smart with us, we just wanted to leave, I asked for the credit card imprint that I was told I could take and she said no!

No reason No alternative nothing! I had to ask why I couldn't take it since I didn't feel comfortable them keeping an imprint of my 16 digit card with exp and all. She said it was policy and smiled. I told her about what I was told the day before in which she very passive aggressively told me she wasn't there to hear her coworker say that and said he was probably new. And regardless it was policy. I asked to speak to a manager, in which she laughed and said he's on vacation, and there is no one who can help me. I asked her for her district manager in which she smirked and said he's on vacation too. I immediately felt that she was trying to take advantage of my credit card information. I tried to reason with with her and reexplained what we were promised in with she said how do I know your not Lying !!!!!! I demanded to speak to the manager vacation or not, or I was going to call the police ( she offered to give me the pd number).

.. After 30 min she calls or pretends too. And doesn't let me speak to him, she never explained the situation just said " I have two customers here and they want there imprint, I can't do that right ok bye" "Came to us and said like I told you before it's not happening policy. We actually keep them for two years for audit reasons, you. Can stop bye in two years if you would like"
My wife the decided to call other hotels under the same name nearby in which they were helpful, one told us that that was not company policy and if the customer wanted the imprint back the customer had that right, he told us that ROBBIN was just giving us a hard time and was not following policy. Her manager called Robbin to tell her that she needed to give us back the info. In which she said ill take care of them. She hung up. Finally we thought we got some were, but NO.

She told us there is nothing else I can do, I can't give you your imprint back. I said u said you would take care of us. In which she responded I AM TAKING CARE OF IT WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO GIVE YOU A PHOTO COPY?

After 1.5 hours of this we got a hold of the manager he gave us options None good news but managed to give us the imprint back. Clearly Robbin was deliberately being shady not to mention rude and un attentive. The worst service I have ever had.

Don't come here drive a bit more stay at the Marriott I wish I had known of it.

Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Frenchmob
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and ejoyed a very large room with a king size bed and a seperate sitting area with a couch, cofee table, desk and food prep counter with sink and frig. Bathroom had a larger than average tub/shower.

Breakfast bar was all you could want and included waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, saugage fruit, cerial and more!

At night the area was quiet dispite many travel groups staying at the hotel.

I am a Priority club member and have stayed at other hotels in the area affiliated with the HGI brand but I will stay at the Ayres Suites next time I am in Carona instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was a great place to stay in combination with their Glen Ivy deal. Family suite was perfect for us (party of 5) with 2, yes, 2 bathrooms, which is a must for the ladies. Well thought out floor plan that was nice and clean throughout. We stayed in the older building, but was on the second floor end unit facing the parking lot. So, definitely quiet for all of us. They have a pretty impressive breakfast for being included in the price and extra props for the strong coffee. I would also like to say that throughout the booking process, it can be a bit difficult with people being added or canceling, so I would like to say that Anthony helped me out a great deal and I appreciate the time he took to find us something that would fit our needs. I agree with others that the area is not the most picturesque, but definitely freeway accessible, so it worked for us and I would stay again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor corner suite was perfect in terms of a nice, quiet stay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was a good, affordable home base on our trip to Glen Ivy. Room was clean, very spacious, and comfortable. Breakfast was surprisingly good for a hotel. We stayed in the older "rustic" building but we much preferred it. Our room faced outward toward the parking lot but was quiet. The only drawback to the hotel is that its location is near nothing impressive. It is surrounded by some auto shops, gas stations, houses, etc. but it is close to the freeway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Daly City, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Have been staying at this place for years on my trips between SF and SoCal. Love to stop at Glen Ivy. However my 2013 trip to Glen Ivy was disappointing, but the upgrades the hotel had made and the great night sleep I got was all worth it. They put in nice new bathtubs too. They just have to figure out how to make some water come out of the shower head.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed at 5 different Ayres hotels, but this one is my least favorite. It sits right by the freeway and a liquor store, very secluded. We stayed in a Double Queen suite, but we had to come out of our hotel and go next door to get in the pool and the jacuzzi. The room was nice and clean and for the most part was quiet. It was an inconvience to have to go next door for any customer service issue especially knowing that I paid for a suite. Just my thoughts, would I book there again, I'm sure I wouldn't, didn't feel safe over there at all.

• Stayed July 2013
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Godsladee -

Thank you very much for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased you found the guestroom comfortable and clean, I do apologize if our location was unappealing in some way or appeared unsafe. We do have trained team members on hand at night to ensure the safety of our guests, so please know that guest safety is taken very seriously. We appreciate your loyalty to the company and hope you will still consider staying with us again in the future.

Jim Keeby