“EXCELENT EXPERIENCE! EXCELENT PLACE!”

Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Corona
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California, United States
“EXCELENT EXPERIENCE! EXCELENT PLACE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place made my stay in Corona very pleasant, stayed there for 2 nights with my girlfriend while visiting some family, the location is very central and accessible, we checked in like around 6 they had food and complementary drinks including beer, the decoration is really nice and cozy, our suite was big living room with sofa bed LED TV with lots of channels, a really nice, spacious and modern kitchen right at the entrance, big fridge, stove, microwave, wood cabinets, marble counters, a bar with 3 stools, everything very clean, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and clean, breakfast was really good, they have a big variety of options, they have a great staff very friendly and attentive they go far and beyond with customer service, i never write reviews but i told my girlfriend i was gonna do it because out experience was superb, keep up the hard work, id def stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Jorge V -

And we are so glad you did decide to review us! Thank you so very much for your kind words and for choosing for your stay in the first place. It was a pleasure welcoming you and I am pleased that you found the suite to your liking with all of the amenities you needed for your two nights away. I will be sure to share your comments regarding the service to our team so they know how much they are appreciated. Thank you again and please consider us the next time you are in the area.

Jim Keeby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Czech first
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable and spacious. A terrific hot breakfast is served every morning: scrambled eggs, omelettes, pancakes, hash browns, yogurt, cereals, juice and more. I checked out the evening reception for the first time and was pleasantly surprised: bbq pork sliders, cole slaw, mashed potatoes along with nachos, cheese cubes, carrots, and a variety of drinks - all included with your stay. Best of all, right across the parking lot is Miguel's restaurant - perhaps the best in Corona with outstanding margaritas, fresh guacamole and a tasty array of Mexican favorites.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank David B
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear David -

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. How wonderful to know that the weekday reception made such an impression on you and that you found the guestrooms so comfortable. I am also pleased you found the close proximity of Miguel's to be a bonus. We are grateful for your review and hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Jim Keeby
boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at this hotel in Corona. The suite was very clean, the king size bed very comfortable, and the shower was very nice. They serve a complimentary breakfast which is very good as well. We relaxed by the pool and enjoyed the Jacuzzi. The hotel offers free WiFi and free parking. We have family in Orange and Riverside County, this will always be our hotel of choice on any future trips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had an experience of 6 nights at this hotel in Corona, while visiting my family there. The price was really good and the rooms excellent. We stayed in a King Suite, the bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, shower very good. We were also very happy with the amenities the hotel offered. Good Internet, parking and complimentary breakfast.

What had really impressed us, was the service. Every worker at the hotel we had contact was extremely nice and helpful. Kitchen, room service, reception and management. We were really impressed and happy, specially after coming from a big chain hotel where the prices were extremely expensive and nothing was included (to make it worst, service was horrible!)...

So, I am glad to recommend Ayres West in Corona! We had a great time and a wonderful experience. We´ll certainly stay there again next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruno Leonardo D
Stevenson Ranch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean. The pool had a very nice patio to sit and chat. Dennys is across the street and it was easy access to freeway. The mexican restaurant Miguel's was next door and we had a very nice dinner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

All I can say is this hotel is amazing!!!! The room was incredible I didnt want to leave. On top of it I got a killer deal on priceline which made it 50 times better. The hotel is off the 91 freeway so its easy on/off access but yet you are not on top of the freeway where you hear the noise!! There are plenty of eateries nearby (dennys, in n out, lucky greek, carls jr, ihope, mcdonalds, miguels) although some of them I wouldnt eat at just because of the reviews they received (miguels, & dennys). Must go to Lucky Greek though!!! Its some amazing food... Anyway back to the hotel... the lobby of the hotel is very outdoorsy. A huge fireplace is a blaze in the lobby with over stuffed coaches if you want to sit and relax. The hotel is very quiet no matter where you stay. We stayed downstairs by the corridor. There was a little patio area with a few tables and chairs, a fireplace, and a bbq. It was very nice to sit out there and enjoy the breeze and fresh air. There happen to be a family having a bbq when we were there. They had like 15 people out front enjoying the bbq and pool area. The only way I knew they were out there is because I smelled the bbq and opened the door and saw all of them eating and cooking. I couldnt hear them from our room at all!!!!! The room had 2 very comfy beds with alot of pillows. There was a wet bar in the middle of the 2 beds so if you were sharing a room with another couple you wouldnt be look right at them!!! There was a LED TV, coffee pot, desk, free wifi, ac (works great!), a huge bathtub to take either a shower or bath in, etc. I could not even begin to do the room justice. The pictures on the website are not a lie. The rooms are big and glamourously decorated!!! The morning buffett does not disappoint either!! They make everything fresh and sit it out. There are scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, belgian waffles ( you make), yogurt, fresh fruit, bread & english muffins (for toasting), oatmeal, country potatoes, juices (lemonade, apple, passion guava orange, and orange juice were on tap when we were there), and decaf/ reg coffee. The staff there is very very friendly and courtesy. The pool was heated but its outdoors. The only thing I can see which was a problem for me was our room did not have a microwave. Although I was close to the front desk I just walked up there and used their microwave, it still would have been nice to have one in the room. The other thing is if you are upstairs there are only stairs located at each end of the hotel. So if you are in the middle rooms you have to walk to one end or the other to access your room. My overall stay for the 2 nights was amazing. I hope I can get another deal thru priceline so I can there again!!! Thank you Ayres for making me feel like I was in paradise :-)

Room Tip: Like I said in my review. If you are upstairs make sure you get the rooms that are on the end if you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Although the Ayres West in Corona is not a "fancy" hotel, I highly recommend it. The room was large and comfy with a breakfast bar area. There was a mini-fridge but my room seemed to be missing a microwave. A chat with the someone else familiar with this place said that was unusual to be missing a microwave.

The room was well lighted, which is a pleasant surprise these days! Wireless internet was fast and the breakfast was EXCELLENT!!

As an added "feature" (one that I *really* like) . When you enter the room, you must put this key in a "key holder" mounted on the wall near the front door. Why? This turns the electricity on in the room! When you leave, you take the room key with you and the electrcity turns off. What a great way to reduce energy usage!

The front desk person was friendly and very accomodating. Although this property is not located in probably the "best" part of town (it is out the way a bit) I couldn't find anything to really be concerned about.

i'd stay there again!