“My fabulous stay at The Ayres!!”

Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Corona
GreenLeadersGold level
Simi Valley
“My fabulous stay at The Ayres!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my suite was a very spacious and modern one.The complimentary breakfast buffet the next morning was so delicious the best I've ever had in any hotel I've stayed at.I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Czech first
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I travel nearly every week and Ayres Suites is by far the best. The staff is friendly and helpful, the accomodations and facilities impeckable. Making it a home away from home. My wife looks forward to coming here with me.

Room Tip: I love the court yard and fire place.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
sun valley ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

i will recomend your hotel because you have the most hight cuality in your rooms they are clean and very bigs rooms

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Martin -

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm very pleased to hear that the cleanliness and quality of the rooms were conducive to a comfortable stay with us. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Safe travels,

CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

We have been staying at Ayres West in Corona almost every weekend for the last year and we absolutely love it there! The staff are ALL very friendly and accomodating! The grounds are always clean. The rooms are VERY nice and fully loaded. They have an area where you can BBQ and also a fireplace outside that you can enjoy in the evenings. The pool area is always clean and towels are provided. They provide free breakfast which is excellent! We love staying here! ;)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CHOOEYSMOM -

Thank you so much for your very kind review and for your continued patronage. We absolutely love having the opportunity to welcome guests for repeat visits as it allows us to get to know them that much better. I am so pleased you have found the accommodations so consistently comfortable and the cleanliness up to our very high standards. We hope to be your weekend getaway for a very long time. Thank you again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I am laying in my room as I write this! My skin is extreamly irritated by these rough sheets I am itching all over it feels like they use cheap laundry detergent and tons of bleach! I have never stayed in a place with rough sheets before! I can't sleep and to top that the air is not working and the toilet makes a loud screeching sound everytime you flush. Horrible.

• Stayed April 2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Shellyreneemusic -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than remarkable. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the incidents you describe.

Please know that all of the detergents used on our linens have been thoroughly reviewed by our quality assurance department to ensure they are safe, effective, and environmentally friendly. It is very possible that if a load of linens was stopped mid-cycle, the detergents may have stayed on the sheets a bit longer than normal causing what you describe and for this, again, I apologize. Upon being alerted to an issues we would gladly send one of our housekeeping team members to change the linens in order to avoid any further problems. I will discuss your comments with the housekeeping team to be sure no guest experiences this in the future.

As to the appliances not functioning correctly, we are always happy to accommodate our guests by sending someone from our maintenance team to inspect and repair anything that is malfunctioning if the guest notifies us of a problem. We wish for nothing more than total guest comfort, and I am sorry if this very high standard was not met in this case.

Again, we appreciate the review and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Porterville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

ADA/HQ Needs: 3 of us stayed here ONE Friday night on March 30th, 2012 with family(mother & sister), 2 of us are seniors, including an 88 yr old, recouperating from a broken hip/pelvis). All 3 of us have physical limitations and are disabled, mostly mobility/stability/balance issues, specifically requiring a room that has handrails in bathroom, shower/tub & a tall HQ toilet, non-smoking & no stairs. When pre-reservations were made, a HQ room was specifically requested & confirmed, also indicating those specific needs. When we arrived nothing was indicated to us that there was any problems with our reservation or availability of HQ room. When after we unloaded the car & got everything into the room, that's when we found out room was NOT a HQ room. No handrails in shower/bath, no handrails anywhere & toilet was fit for only someone under 5' tall & no physical limitations. Went back to Check-in Clerk & we were told they didn't have any HQ rooms available, that all the other groundfloor rooms were now full. Did I forget to mention that there were NO elevators. It was too late to try to find another hotel. We had to physically help each other in the bathroom with our personal needs. It was a nightmare. There were ONLY 4 HQ parking spaces for the entire building. Plus the next morning, the breakfast wasn't even in our building, we had to walk to the next building over. The roadway that we had to walk to get over to the other building was steep & scary for us to walk (2 of us had already had history of falling & breaking bones: hips/pelvis, knee & shoulder). Also when got to breakfast-no sugar substitute & no non-dairy creamer. I had to walk back to my room to get my own.

NOISY: Then, on Friday night, came the party going on with teensies & others yelling, & running up/down the stairs up until sometime after mignight & starting at 6am on Sat morning. Obviously the adults didn't care, they seemed to be camped out at the BBQ/outdoor fireplace & no one from the hotel staff did anything about the noise either. Also some of these young teens, approx 15 of them, without an adult in sight, were camped out all evening, until at least 11 pm, last time I looked, at the heated whirlpool, dangling their feet in the water & having a great time, but preventing anyone else from using heated whirlpool.

FILTHY: Didn't discover until after we were getting into bed that obviously our room cleaner should have gone into a different line of work. The carpet was dirty & sticky, I discovered a partially eaten candy/breakfast bar on the floor & the cupboard door to the wetbar area had wet/sticky substance on the door grip opening.

General Room Set-up Defects: The room clock was set at the wrong time, off by several hours. There were no extra blankets in the room. My bed had a very light-weight blanket on it, but we had to re-make the bed because the blanket had about 1/3 of it's length tucked under the bed & the blanket had only come up to midchest. Oh yeah, there were 3 of us in the room with ONE single-cup coffee filter & 2 coffee cups & only 2 drinking glasses. When I called the desk on these issues, as I discovered them, I was told each time I could come back to the desk/lobby to pick up more cups, coffee filters or blanket. I did it once for the cups, but I wasn't going to keep getting redressed to to try to correct issues, that I should not have had to do so.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear OvrHillPicnUpSpeed -

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was so unsatisfactory and apologize for any difficulties or inconvenience caused by the issues noted.

Please know that we take ADA regulations and standards for accessible design very seriously. All requirements are met and each of our hotels inspected by the city in order to garner a certificate of occupancy before the opening of the hotel. We also wish to do our utmost to ensure we meet the needs of our guests by providing the room type requested although we do not currently offer any ADA rooms that contain two queen beds, which was the request in this case. We are always happy to accommodate our guests if at all possible by switching rooms but were unable to on this day due to high occupancy levels. I deeply apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused by this miscommunication about room types.

As to the noise levels, we understand that quality sleep is very important to our guests and place great emphasis on bedding as well as comfortable atmosphere in order to meet this guest need. While our hotel is generally very quiet, we do retain security to patrol and assist with any issues the hotel may have. We are also always happy to contact any guest and ask them to lower volume levels if we receive a guest complaint, as the Guest Service Agent may not be aware of noise levels if he or she is stationed at the Front Desk. Again I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and have shared your comments with the various necessary parties to ensure our guests will have the most restful night's sleep possible.

Please know that we also take the cleanliness of our hotel and amenities offered very seriously. Your comments have been discussed with the Housekeeping Team as well as the Quality Department at the corporate office as we know a clean hotel that offers the best possible amenities makes for a comfortable hotel, and our main goal is guest comfort and satisfaction.

We appreciate your time and hope you will reconsider staying at Ayres Suites Corona West in the future.

Safe travels,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I booked this hotel because the rooms looked nice. And it was only a 15 minute drive to see our new grand daughter. We checked in late and were greeted with a smile, the young lady who checked us in had great customer service. There was a gentleman who worked the day shift who was very pleasant and very knowledgeable about the other properties of ARYES.He carried on conversations with us like he knew us for along time. To the entire staff at AYRES...KUDOS TO ALL!!!! Accomadations, atmosphere, and the free hot breakfast EXCELLENT. I would recommend the ARYES SUITES to anyone who enjoys being treated like family instead of just a guest...Keep up the great job. We will be back very soon. Thanks again.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Mistyoneorg -

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide you with exceptional service. It is wonderful to hear that you received such a warm welcome and that the service throughout your stay was so helpful. I am privileged to work with a fantastic team and will be sure to pass along your compliments so they know their efforts are acknowledged and valued. We look forward to your return.