“Hmmm...not the glowing review of others”

Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Corona
GreenLeadersGold level
Hopkinton NH
“Hmmm...not the glowing review of others”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I spent a night here before a business meeting nearby. Having read great reviews for the hotel my expectations were quite high, although I was a bit wary of the fact there did not seem to be many hotels geared to business travel with more than basic services in the area.

The hotel can be tricky to find. You'll spot the hotel signs without a problem, but the hotel is buried in the back of a massive parking lot filled with stores. In their defense they were apparently there first, but so much for a setting!

The hotel offers Happy Hour snacks, and perhaps this best characterizes the place. Although it's quite considerate, the fare was essentially chex mix and Bud Lite. Having sampled that snack, I decided to pass on the "full breakfast", as I was sure it would have been the standard scrambled eggs and sausage.

I also ran into a major problem in the morning as I was getting ready to leave. To my dismay the shower didn't work (the spout cutoff that should send the water up to the shower nozzle was faulty). I did not have time to do anything other than make do, but I did report it to the staff upon checkout. To my great surprise I was met with some skepticism (!) and no offer to compensate me in any way. Oops - they missed that one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Jmasci,

Thank you for your candid review and for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are deeply sorry you did not fully enjoy our hotel. While many guests appreciate the weekday Manager's Reception snacks and complimentary breakfast buffet, we do understand that tastes differ and will definitely review our offerings to ensure we are providing something for everyone. As to the shower issues, we understand that this is a major problem when getting ready for a business meeting and are truly sorry that this happened. Maintenance has checked on this problem and resolved it, but we will also speak to the Front Desk about their response to guest issues. Thank you again for writing this review and we hope you will consider giving our hotel another chance in the future.

Scott Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Just finished an 8-night stay in Ayers Inn in Corona, and am already planning another visit! For me it was my personal Downton Abbey the Corona style. You get a beautifully appointed room, very spacious and full of European flair. The bathroom is gleaming, and the vanity very handy and convenient. In the morning you will come downstairs where a full breakfast awaits you, including scrambled eggs, sausages, breakfast potatoes, four kinds of cereal, juices, coffee, pastries, fruit salad, pancakes and yogurt. My recommendation is to come to breakfast early: that's when you will get the full selection. The whole place is so beautifully decorated that I feel serenity and bliss the minute I open the door to my room. Everybody in the hotel is friendly: they give you recommendations for places to eat or if you stub your baby toe! If you are looking for a stellar hotel experience, I definitely recommend this place. I have been coming to this hotel for over 20 years, and it never failed to renew my spirit. Actually, this past time when I Skyped with my girlfriend, she said "You look ten years younger!" Need I say more!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with a view of a tree. And I always book a room on the second floor, not to...
Green Features: Definitely environmentally-friendly: have reminders in the room and in the bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Dina N
Waipahu, Hawaii
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great hotel for the price. Convenient right off the freeway, plenty of free parking right in front. Comfortable room, bed, pillows, bathroom shower good. Breakfast is a plus, perhaps variety in meats would be good otherwise we enjoyed it. Hope other Ayres locations is the same we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear CHAMK1959,

It was a pleasure welcoming you recently. Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor and we are honored that you chose our hotel for your stay. It is fantastic that you were able to experience our comfortable, spacious rooms, and complimentary breakfast. Please know that we are taking your suggestion into consideration for our meat selection. Thank you again for writing this review and we would be delighted if you would visit our hotel in the near future.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Very happy we chose Ayers Inn Corona East. For a reasonably priced hotel we feel our expectations of a clean, comfortable and pleasant stay were all met for the entire 5 nights. We very much appreciated the staff helping our daughter set up our room with refreshments for our late arrival. I would also like to give a special "Thank you" to Alicia, our breakfast chef. That lady can cook! We will definitely stay here the next time we visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear D Q,

Thank you for allowing us to introduce you to our hotel chain! We are honored to know that choosing our hotel was an excellent choice for your stay, and we appreciate the time you took to write this review on TripAdvisor. It is also a pleasure to know our team members provided magnificent hospitality during the duration of your 5 night stay. Please know we are congratulating Alicia for being such an excellent part of our team. Thank you again for writing this wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Jim Keeby
Lake Tahoe
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I have traveled extensively over the years, and we feel this hotel is the best for value. The complete breakfast, comfortable beds, friendly staff, and great location make for a restful and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We always stay on the first floor to avoid stairs, and over the years we've not had a room locat...
Green Features: They don't use unnecessary paper and plastic at breakfast, and there there appears to be less waste than in most hotels. They give guests the opportunity to reuse bedding and towels if they wish, which we do.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a great place to stay in the Corona-Riverside area. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff are helpful. Will definitely stay there again. Also there were restaurants within walking distance - great after a long day of work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear rtraveler2013,

It was a pleasure welcoming you recently. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing our hotel for your stay. Our team is always happy to accommodate our guests in the best way possible. We are also overjoyed our over-sized rooms were able to contribute to such an amazing stay. Again we are very grateful for this review and we hope you visit again very soon.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Ayres Inn is a class act for an affordable price. We wanted to stay somewhere convenient to Downtown Riverside without paying an expensive amount. This Ayres was impressive online and we were most pleased through out our stay. It is just off the freeway and has free parking. Walking up to the second floor is not a problem, the stairwell is indoors, carpeted and spacious- very convenient if you have luggage. The hotel is clean, hallway is nice and very quiet. Exercise room has chilled purified water and vending machines. Room was spacious, it accommodated the 4 adults in my family well. The beds were comfortable. A/C was perfectly cool and quiet. Bathroom was clean and spacious. Free Wi-fi worked well. Shopping and restaurants are just a stones throw away. We will stay here the next time we visit our son who attends college in Riverside.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was completely quiet. From the top of the stairs, it was to the left
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family