“Great location and Staff”

Best Western Corona
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed there for a family reunion and the location was awesome and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I'm an old man and have never written something like this, although I've been asked many times. Perhaps this will be my first. This hotel is an excellent deal, low prices, very low prices, perhaps I shouldn't tell them. They have an excellent front desk staff that takes the time to explain the area. The young woman who is there at night is not only very sweet but she helped us (older couple) find out way to our room. My wife is incapacitated and she, I think that her name was Gabby was most helpful.

We were in the area for a funeral and the staff made us feel, my wife and I, that they understood what we were going though.

Thank you Kings Inn, I seriously doubt if we'll ever be in your area but I felt it necessary to say "thank you."

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
BWCorona, General Manager at Best Western Corona, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

I would like to thank you so much for your review! We strive for superior customer care and cleanliness here at the Kings Inn. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad we were able to make such a difficult time a little easier for you and your wife. I will be please to inform Gabby of your review and I will make sure she knows how great of a job she is doing with our guests. If you and your wife ever happen to be in the area again please do not hesitate to contact me for accommodations.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I check in this hotel at 4:00 P.M. The front desk girl gave me a handicap room. I did not like the room, because it has no blow dryer and the shower is very tiny. Plus, I am not handicap, I don't need to be in that room. I went back to the front office and asked her if she could put me into another room. She asked me to wait for an hour. I told her, then I am willing to wait. Meanwhile I can go shopping and come back in an hour. Then She told me that there were no more queen size bedroom available. That was the only one left. I knew she was lying to me, because I check in at 4PM not after mid night. She told me that she could put me into King size bed, but I have to pay extra money or else take that handicap room. I hate to argue, so I end up taken that room. The shower water ran very slow and either hot or cold water. I tried to turn it at the warm level, it did not work. My room is close to the storage room, I could hear the house keepers were talking in spanish so loud early in the morning. I could not even sleep well. I will never come back again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Love U
BWCorona, General Manager at Best Western Corona, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

I would first like to apologize for your experience. Here at the Kings Inn we strive for superior customer care. For you to leave our property feeling this way is unfortunate. We take our customer satisfaction very seriously and would have wanted you to express your dissatisfaction with us. We feel without knowing when our guests are unhappy and dissatisfied with our service how can we help them and remedy the situation. It is my hope that you may change your mind when ever in the Corona area again, and give us another opportunity to serve you. Please keep in mind that every Best Western Branded Hotel is independently owned and operated.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We have family that has recently moved to Corona. We chose this Best Western because of location. We found it perfect as there is a really good family style restaurant right next to it. I imagine we'll come back as the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dusty M
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This was a favorite place of ours, but no longer since management change. Very unaccommodating, management changed and customer service is horrible! Electricity out all night and manager said No Breakfast because no electricity even though electric had been turned back on. Minimized cleaning staff so rooms no longer clean like before.

• Stayed: December 2011
6  Thank sinbelian2
BWCorona, Owner at Best Western Corona, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

It's difficult at times to respond to guests sometimes... We had a county wide power failure on Christmas Eve without notice. On Christmas day we made an attempt to serve breakfast however, had to meet health codes. Also I apologize that we didn't have a treat for your dog on Christmas day... We have made many changes however, much is the same, housekeepers and most of the front desk and the ownership. I understand that we couldn't accomodate you and understand that you may choose to stay elsehwhere. Appreciate your positive comments from the past and have heard your concerns. Happy New Year and thank you.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Let first start off by saying..the front desk staff is very good and provide excellent customer serivce. I generally like to stay in Hotels where you have a lobby and go into the place and not park in front of where you are at.(friend booked it for us..should have asked for more detail of room he got)

There was a car show gathering in the parking lot when we got to the room at 10pm and people looking at their cars when I arrived and so that did not start off well in my opinion. We walked into our room and although a non-smoking room it smelled like someone broke the rules before us and smoked.

The room was clean and bed done well with nice clean sheets. The restroom toilet water started coming out when I flushed from the top part of the tank? It turns out the hose was not put in right and so I was able to fix that quickly. The restroom did not lock as door knob appeared to be broken. An outlet was not working in the bedroom and was taped to not be used.

The bed and pillows were comfortable and I did get a good nights sleep. I woke up and got to see it in the light and the place seems to be well maintained. It looks better during the day then it does in the lighting of the night. The staff was cleaning the pool, sweeping the parking lot, cleaning the rooms. They seem to take pride in the place and seem to be trying to update the place, as the restroom tile in the restroom appeared fairly new.

Overall, it was an ok place to stay..however, if you are used to hotel lobbies....and having a nice modern area where you can do some laptop work then you might try another place. They did have a nice 7 foot pool and a jacuzzi that was well kept by the hard working staff.
If you are not picky and would like to just have a quick place to crash..then this would work well for you. This is why I give the review of dated..but ok.

P.S.-Their is a GREAT place to eat across the street called Goodfellas Cafe. The atmosphere and food was outstanding and priced reasonably.

Room Tip: I was in a corner room..near the pool..