“Facilities are ok, but skip any treatments”

Glen Ivy Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Corona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At the mouth of Cold Water Canyon, beneath the towering Santa Ana Range, Glen Ivy Hot Springs lies sheltered by the mountains and open to the sky. Water flows from deep in the earth into this natural sanctuary, as it has for countless generations. The first commercial use of the mineral springs can be traced back to 1860, and for more than 150 years Glen Ivy Hot Springs has attracted people who seek the benefits of nature, water and exercise, the pleasures of good food and camaraderie with others - the relaxation, renewal, and deep sense of well-being a day at the hot springs can bring.
Los Angeles
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Facilities are ok, but skip any treatments”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The facilities at Glen Ivy are beautiful and even on crowded days it's possible to find a quiet nook or cranny. But it's usually very crowded and has a Disney-like feel to it. It's not that relaxing to wait and wait for a chance at the mineral pools or even just a shower. The worst thing about this place though are the treatments. I've tried several--sugar scrub, massage, and facial--and they were barely mediocre. The massage, in particular, was terrible--very little pressure despite my requests for more and her hands felt awful, very rough like sandpaper. My todder could have given a better massage and would have been a lot cheaper!

Sherman Oaks, CA
“Save Your Money! Skip Glen Ivy Hot Springs Corona”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We just had a retreat spa day for 15 women. We were so disappointed! We experienced a terrible time. The staff is unprofessional and very unorganized. Do yourself a favor and attend a tried and true spa chain, like Burke Williams where the staff is well trained and the atmosphere is elegant, not trashy and chaotic like Glen Ivy Corona.

The Villages, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Spend the Money on a Cabana! This is a MUST!”
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Decided to spend my 41st b-day with my mom at Glen Ivy. We were a bit concerned, after reading many reviews on Yelp! and TripAdvisor about the crowds, so we reserved a cabana ($175 for the day). What a smart move! Upon our arrival, there was a fresh fruit plate and a handwritten card from the General Manager of the club, wishing me a very happy b-day and thanking me for choosing Glen Ivy for my special day. Nice touch!!James, our cabana attendant was wonderful! He was always there to bring us cool drinks (included!), kept fresh ice on our bottled water (included!), walked us to each of our 4 treatments through out the day (nice touch, since we were first timers and didn't know where to go) and then suprised me with a wonderful piece of choc. b-day cake after our lunch. Also, they comp'd our Grotto trips... All in all, the cabana investment was soooo worth it! You have so much peace and tranquility away from the noisy crowds (why can't people understand that this is a spa and that they should try to keep their voices down?).

We experienced the "Under The Oaks" massage... A MUST DO! The massage was nice, but the surroundings (a giant, old Oak tree, misters, outdoor fans, birds chirping) were truly peaceful. I wish that Glen Ivy would allow an 80 min. massage, instead of only 50. I would happily pay to upgrade if it were available.

Also experienced the 100 minute Detox (massage/sugar scrub/body wrap). This was also very, very nice. Rob did a nice job on me, and worked extra hard to get the knots out of my shoulder. My mom said that her therapist was truly excellent and that it was one of her best treatments EVER.

We also did the foot reflexology... a complete WASTE of money! We added on a 20 minute Swedish foot massage to accomplish what we thought would be 40 minutes of feet rubbing bliss... turns out it was about 15 minutes of foot scrubbing time with the remainder being an OK foot rub. Since I had just come from two treatements that both included exfoliation, I think that the therapist just did not want to do the extra massaging that I had paid for...Truly, we both agreed we had better foot rubs at the mall with the nice Chinese people (much cheaper, too!!).

We will absolutely return to Glen Ivy. We will ALWAYS book a cabana, and will always do the Oaks experience as well as Detox. The Grotto was OK, but would not do it again. Can't comment on the MUD, since we did not participate in it (had already exfoliated ourselves silly with the other treatments!).

Locker rooms are lovely and large. Employees are friendly. If you reserve a Cabana, do NOT stand in the long lines to check in. You simply walk to the front of line, enter the gift shop and tell the cashier that "I am in a Cabana, please call my attendant". Talk about VIP treatment!!!

This is the best way for So.Cal residents to do a Stay-cation!!

6 Thank Angiet2
la, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sometimes I like it...sometimes I dont”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I visited Glen Ivy on July 18, 2009. I have visited Glen Ivy on numerous occasions prior to that as well. When you enter the grounds, you will see lush tropical foliage, really pretty. The locker rooms are clean and well appointed. The pools, on this particular visit, were yucky...strands of hair and minimal trash floating throughout and gathered at the rim of the pool. We did the Grotto....it was not worth it. It was supposed to be moisturizing but my skin, and my friends reported th same, felt really dry afterwards. Stick with the red clay mud, your skin feels so much better afterwards vs. the Grotto treatment, which is an additional cost; the mud isnt. The cafe is good, but the fly population was thick during this visit.

Redondo Beach, CA.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“no spa here”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Glen ivy Corona, CA. This is not a spa it is a water park! It is crowded with loud people and the mineral baths are dirty with floating dead skin in them. How disgusting is that!!!!! The cafe food was good except for the fly buzzing around the food where the food preparer was. Yuk!!!! There was hair on the benches of the steam room. That's yucky too!! I would never go again. It would be cheaper and more relaxing to buy a container of mud and a plastic pool at the drug store and not have to leave my own house!

4 Thank bababooie

Been to Glen Ivy Hot Springs? Share your experiences!