“Muddy Good Fun!”

Glen Ivy Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Corona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At the mouth of Cold Water Canyon, beneath the towering Santa Ana Range, Glen Ivy Hot Springs lies sheltered by the mountains and open to the sky. Water flows from deep in the earth into this natural sanctuary, as it has for countless generations. The first commercial use of the mineral springs can be traced back to 1860, and for more than 150 years Glen Ivy Hot Springs has attracted people who seek the benefits of nature, water and exercise, the pleasures of good food and camaraderie with others - the relaxation, renewal, and deep sense of well-being a day at the hot springs can bring.
California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Muddy Good Fun!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've been to Glen Ivy a number of times and always enjoy the experience. The grounds are lovely, the amenities are relaxing, and the food in the Cafe is excellent. The mud delivers as promised and is a really fun activity to do with friends - it's like being a kid again and at the end your skin is silky smooth!

The one complaint I have is that it's become SO popular that it takes away from the ambiance. I've begun taking headphones along with a book in order to truly enjoy the experience.

Visited July 2011

Lawrence, Kansas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Adult Water Park - But That's OK!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Was it packed? Yes.
Did we have to wait in line for 30 mins to get in? Yes.
Did we have a relaxing get away? YES.

Hubby and I wanted a belated anniversary getaway; we thought a day spa with mud sounded lovely. And then...we read the Yelp reviews...dun dun dun!

We were a bit apprehensive, reading things like "more like an adult water park" and how long some people waited in line, but we decided to give it a go anyway. And we're glad we did!

We arrived right at 9:30am on a Saturday, and we still had to wait in line to get into the place, but we didn't mind since we were expecting to. We didn't get any extra services; we just wanted to lounge by the pools and/or cover ourselves with mud all day.

Once we paid our entrance fee, we scurried over to the "Shade Area" that we had located on the map. We scored two lounge chairs with no fuss. I went to the Bath House to change; very nice, spacious, and modern. (At the end of the day, near closing time, it didn't feel spacious anymore! :))

We started at the North and South pool, tried the loungers in the Lounge Pool (highly recommend), grabbed a bite to eat (Chicken Nachos - 4 stars; BBQ Chicken Salad - 3 stars), got muddy (twice!), dipped in the Mineral Baths (meh), Saline Pool (meh), Plunge Pools (refreshing!!), and ended our day in the Lap Pool (thumbs up). We also took a break from the sun and found a shady table to read at for an hour.

Overall, we really had a pleasant, relaxing day. We weren't expecting to stick around for the whole day, thinking maybe we would get bored, but 5:30pm came quick!

It is a very packed place; the description of "adult water park" isn't that far off, but if you go into it expecting that, you will have a great day. We did!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank seeclark
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“noisy and crowded--the disneyland of spas”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This place is as crowded and as noisy as disneyland. There are dirty towels everywhere. The massage is mediocre. The music in the massage place is also loud and annoying. I couldn't find peace and quiet anywhere. As soon as I walked in, I knew it was all wrong for me because I needed a quiet retreat, not a social mud bath experience. I asked for a refund of the admission within 6 minutes of arriving, and Garrett, the manager, said he would only give me half back. I was able to bump up my massage to an earlier time and I got the hella outta there!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank bg1288
los angeles, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Think twice before going!!!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I agree with the previous reviewer. My family and I have been going here for years. They have a policy of No Food and Drink allowed inside their facility, which is fine. We tried their restaurant before many times and was really unhappy with the food - It is BLAND, TASTELESS, and for the price you pay, it is sooo not worth it. California Pizza Kitchen has way way better food. The way my family has addressed this for years, was to just bring our own food and drinks, and to eat it at their picnic tables outside (take note: we don't bring alcohol coz spa and alcohol don't mix! you're there to get healthy, not to party! hello?)
Anyway, this weekend, I decided to celebrate my 31st bday there with family and close friends. As usual, we brought our own food and drinks. When we got there, whoa and behold, they got rid of the picnic tables except for one! And it was occupied when we got there! We were good sport about it and didn't want to let it ruin our day, since it's my bday, so we just ate our food on the grass. But it's the principle that irks me. This spa is really forcing their customers to eat their crappy food! Not only that, make them pay for it!
And then, when we got to the entrance, they raised their entrance fees again! Before, it was $39, then it went up to $49, now the rate for getting in is $59!!!!!! For the price you pay and the gas you spend on getting there, it really is not worth it to go to this place anymore. It was a nice quick getaway, but, it is something I can do so locally for MUCH CHEAPER. I live in Redondo Beach and I can go to day spas here and get more bang for my buck! Amenities wise, my gym - The Spectrum Club, has a steam room, a sauna, a pool overlooking the ocean, and a jacuzzi! If I want clay mud and green aloe for my body, I can just get it at a local spa!
This place better rethink their sales and marketing plan. Granted, when we went there, it was packed but... Customers can only come at a certain point, and then they won't come anymore. It's a recession! Instead or raising prices and limiting your customers preferences, they should be offering more deals to entice people to come back! When we were there, it just felt the opposite. The attitude we got was, they don't need your business. If you want to go in, you better pay a high price, and yes, you better eat their crappy expensive food.
It's sad to say this but... I don't think we're coming back. Goodbye Glen Ivy!

Visited June 2011
12 Thank milan_gurl
houston, texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great spa”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

A perfect day with girlfriend or spouse for relaxation. Where else can you be in your bathrobe all day and be pampered. Going again this summer.

Visited March 2011

Been to Glen Ivy Hot Springs? Share your experiences!