“Very good experience”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Fresno, California
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Hotel is very clean and very good staff. I was here for a 3 day class and I have no complaints. Joaquin and Lourdes were 2 staff members who took very good care of our group. They went above and beyond to meet our needs. Will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us during your stay and class! It is amazing that two of our staff members stood out to you so much. We hope that every guest that stays with us leaves wanting to return! We hope that we will see you again !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I work out of town up to 9 months a year and stay all over the western US. This is by far my favorite place to stay. I refer to it as my 2nd home. The management and staff are always cheerful and ready to take care of any needs that arise. The rooms are always clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We are so glad to see one of our regulars leave us such positive feedback on our TripAdvisor! It is reassuring that we are doing something right. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We hope to keep you coming back and enjoying your 2nd home with us!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We just came back from a one-night stay at this property and we were all very impressed. I know that Holiday Inn has been in need of an image and property renovation for quite some time. This location has had both and its really nice.

Check in was a breeze - they were able to accommodate my room requests with a smile. The room itself was smaller than I had imagined, given it was a suite, but it was still pretty roomy (disclaimer, I had just stayed in a suite at a Hyatt House in Emeryville, so my expectations are high when it comes to suites). The bathroom itself was really spacious and that shower - OMG THAT SHOWER - was one of the best things about the room. The kitchenette area was in the walkway, so that made for a tight fit at times, but nothing you can't get past (unless you're super picky and in that case, you'll find issues with everything). I did like the fact that there was a small loveseat and a nice bench for seating and/or storage.

The large flat screen TV was wonderful - my boys were able to hook up their PS3 to it with no issues (HDMI cable). The beds were soooo comfortable - even the pillows made it hard to get out of bed. Loved the balcony as well as the view from the balcony. I could see my car from the balcony, so that gave me a sense of security. My only issue was the curtain rod for the door to the balcony - it was cheap and bent, so if you attempted to pull back the curtains, it came off the holders. That is a definite area where there is room for improvement. There are some really cost effective options out there, so my hope is they address this before it gets out of hand or someone gets hurt.

We were able to take advantage of their free breakfast. It was ok - nothing great. Again, when compared to Hyatt House, it's really lacking. But, it's not horrible. It's decent - the menu changes daily, so we had biscuits (square, lukewarm, and hard), cinnamon rolls (hot and yummy), sausage patties (very, very greasy), and juice. Good, not great, but good. It would be nice if they had more hot options, like breakfast potatoes.

We all loved the pool area - it's in a more secluded part of the property, so there is some privacy to be had. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and although the towels weren't waiting for us, it took less than 5 minutes to get towels for us.

My ONLY other issue is the WiFi - it was sketchy at times. We couldn't get the PS3 to connect to it, so the boys couldn't watch Netflix. I also noticed that it ran slow at times on all of my devices. I'm sure that's related to the number of guests using it. It was disappointing but not that bad. Checkout was a breeze as the room was pre-paid. Gotta love that.

Overall, we really enjoyed our visit and plan on returning in the very near future. See you soon Holiday Inn!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a balcony with a mountain view. Beautiful views in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MissesJai
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed comment on our TripAdvisor page! We truly appreciate all the time it took and attention to detail during your stay. It is because of amazing guests like yourself that we are able to constantly improve ourselves. We are looking into the WIFI and hopefully make some changes to improve this. Thank you again so much, and we hope to see you again!
Manitowaning, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Typical HI Express...quick check-in, clean rooms, WiFi works, parking for IHG Gold and Platinum Members, cold fridge, expected breakfast...we chose this one primarily for location and weren't disappointed. Good value...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Duncan T
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I am so sorry that we did not stand out to you during your recent stay with us. Our goal is to always be more than just a typical Holiday Inn Express. We want to stand out to our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again and give up a chance to truly shine with our customer service! Thank you again for taking the time to leave us feed back on Tripadvisor!
Casper
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

They say a picture is worth a thousand words right? Ive taken them for you and are attached. Location? VERY convient, yet it comes with a price......traffic noise. Roo, 326 is small...im looking forward to the breakfast, they put a "menu" up in the elevator, for the week.. the shower is a bit unique, tv? Theres a pic of the stations,..(about 20) the king size bed is comfy, ample pillows, SMALL ROOM, no microwave, no fridge, no coffee maker. Pool is open from from 7am - 10pm.....um, isnt this supposed to be a vacation? Why am i limited to a time of hot tub?

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank TSR01
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us on Tripadvisor. We do appreciate the time it took to not only leave us feedback but pictures as well! I do want to apologize for the lack of a coffeemaker. Each room should come equipped with one. And thank you for the tip on the pool hours. They are only meant to keep noise levels down so guests can sleep, but you should be entitled to relax on a vacation. I hope other than those few things you were able to enjoy your stay with us and will return!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel only for one night but I was impressed. You know how you get out of the car, check in, go to the room, go to sleep, wake up, get breakfast and leave? Well, that was pretty much last night's stay. Except that I was impressed by this property even before I got out of the car. Usually, by the time I get to the hotel it is late and there is no parking anywhere close to the entrance. Well, to my surprise, there were several parking spots right next to the front door. When I parked I noticed the sign stating "Reserved for our Platinum Members" and "Reserved for our Gold Members". I thought: That's nice. That's some recognition for being platinum that is worth a little more than the big smile and the front desk clerk saying "Thank you for being a Platinum Member", which also happened.
I was greeted by a very nice young lady, who checked me in very quickly and with a big smile. She offered me a bottle of water and sent me on my way to my room.
At the elevator, there was a sign that listed the menu choices for breakfast. That was nice, because I could chose if I wanted to leave early and drive through someplace or stay for breakfast.
When I got to the room I was surprised again. Sounds too good to be true but there was a power outlet with 4 (believe me, 4...) outlets. As a frequent traveler, it is one of my biggest needs; finding available power outlets near the bed. And these ones were right behind the night table. You can never have too many power outlets.
Aside from those details, the hotel was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. It was clean, well light, spacious and comfortable. All the needs for a business traveler were met. I was very happy. The front desk clerk was super friendly and very professional. The lady at the breakfast room was very nice and attentive. I was very impressed with how well I was treated.
I usually give the Holiday Inn Express hotels a 4 but the details on this one made it a 5.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
This is one of the most rewarding Tripadvisor post I have ever read ! It is such a great feeling knowing that all the little things we do here at the Holiday Inn Express Corona did not go unnoticed during your stay with us ! We try to make every guest's stay feel memorable and I am so glad that our hotel left such a great impression on you. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback and we hope to see you again soon !
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Warm and friendly desk, management, and breakfast staff - gave us a suite for the standard rate "since they weren't full that night," opinions on how to avoid the highway traffic to a late appointment, permission for my daughter and I to use the hot tub late after being in the car all day, welcoming/cozy lounge for the insomniac in our group, on-time 6 a.m. breakfast. Customer service like we don't see much anymore - made to feel like regulars/friends even though it was our first visit. Room was very clean. A bit noisy on the hwy side, talking in the hallway, could hear neighbor above walking around; but I haven't ever stayed in a really quiet chain hotel. We had earplugs, and maybe we should have run the a/c for the hum. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: might try for top floor, back side (away from hwy)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Our goal with all of our guest is to make sure they feel welcomed and taken care of when they stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Corona. I am so thrilled that we were able to reach that goal with you ! I hope that you stay with us again real soon! And thank you again for taking the time to leave us such a great review on our Tripadvisor page!