“Facilities were good, staff was better!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Santa Monica, California
“Facilities were good, staff was better!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am a platinum member with IHG but had never stayed at the Corona Holiday Inn Express. I came in late and asked the front desk attendant for advice on the area. She was very professional and gave me excellent advice on where to go in order to complete my tasks in a short period of time. She took her time and even wrote down a few notes for me, all with a smile and a 'happy-to-help' attitude. Her directions and recommendations were spot-on and she saved me a lot of time. The room was excellent but the staff really made the difference. Whenever I am in Corona, I will be staying with your hotel. Kudos to your staff and especially the young lady (Bernice?) who helped me on the evening of 11-25-13.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate not only the time it takes to write a review but that we were able to leave a memorable memory with you! Our staff tries during all shifts to maintain a bubbly up-beat personality. It’s great that Bernice was able to deliver such top notch service to you. Especially as a Platinum member we know you travel quite a bit, and the fact that our hotel stayed with you makes us very ecstatic! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Staff and accommodations like this keep me a platinum member with IHG. After a long night of traveling I was greeted with a smile and a helpful hand with my bags. The rest of my stay was equally pleasant in all aspects. Where they really shined though was when I forgot my jacket in the room as I was heading to the next leg on my trip. The next day when I realized I no longer had my jacket I called the hotel and spoke to Bernice. From that moment on she helped me through the procedures in order to get it shipped to me. I cannot overstate how friendly and patient she was with me through the entire ordeal. Now I won't have to hear it from my wife. Thank you for that!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
When guests leave such amazing and happy comments it truly feels as though a job well done was accomplished. Our goal each and every day is for each guest to leave the hotel feeling not only relaxed and refreshed, but just genuinely happy. Posts like this reinforce that our goal is being met. Tania and Michelle are very key staff members here, and I do hope when you return you are able to meet the same standard and impression they left with you with the other staff as well! Thank you so much for sharing with us about your special stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Corona!
Riverside, California
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed at a number of hotels in the Corona area and this is hands down the best. Head and shoulders above others. Stayed during the Halloween season and the "pumpkin patch" attraction across the street was not a problem. Every room we have stayed in has been perfectly quiet in spite of the freeway. Great pool and spa. All the staff we have encountered has been great, but it is always a treat when Berenice is there. She has that rare ability to make one feel valued. This hotel fits into the level of those costing two to three times as much. Just a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
That’s great to hear what a nice and quiet stay you had with us during your last visit. We hope you enjoyed those ‘spooky’ decorations we had up! We try to constantly improve our service and make sure the guest feel welcomed, I am glad we were able to display that to you. We hope that you come back to Corona soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed in several IHG properties and can honestly say that the friendliness and attention to detail by Michelle and Tania was outstanding- they took a personal interest to make sure that I was taken care from check in to check out. to me asking a simple "how my day is and I hope your doing well" with a purpose behind the question made me feel like they both honestly cared about me as a customer and not as just another customer. Since I had my wife with me I asked for some good places to shop and dine, they took the time to let me know about the area and what were the best place to go. like I said in the title - they treated me like they owned the place and made my wife and I feel as if I was at one of my best friends house visiting.My last 2 stays in this area was at a lake Elsinore IGH hotel and will NEVER go back (not that there was a problem but when I find good people I stay with them) even if the room was free. If I was the area manager/owner for the IGH hotel chain I would make sure you Keep Michelle and Tania HAPPY- they truly are the key to your success - people like this with this much hospitality and true care for people ARE SO HARD TO FIND. Take it from a customer and business owner that stays in at least 3 IGH hotels a week do something special for these ladies before somebody else recognizes their talent and takes them from you. PLEASE TELL THEM THANK YOU FOR A GREAT STAY -
James A from Kansas City Mo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank james a
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I all ways have great service. The staff always take care of their customer needs. Brand new flat screen TV’s good breakfast great service and a good night sleep what more could you ask for!!

Whenever I travel, I prefer not to stay with friends or relatives. I always stay at a Holiday Inn Express nearby. It is like having a home away from home. That way, it is just like visiting a friend or relative who lives nearby. We get up, dress and eat on our own schedule. The rooms, staff and breakfast at the HIE is always consistently good.

Room Tip: I have stayed in many room so far I have not found a room I did not like.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
That is great to hear that you always get great service when you stay with us! It is a very rewarding feeling knowing that our efforts are succeeding and pleasing our guests. We are especially happy that you are enjoying the new flat screen televisions in the room! Thank you again for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor, hope to see you again soon!
La Grange Park, Illinois
Reviewed September 14, 2013

+Great looking hotel. Nice size rooms. Clean. Great pool. Nice location close to shopping and restaurants.

Decent breakfast.
-Might be understaffed at times called front desk for towels twice never got them. No working treadmills in the gym.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am glad that for the most part you were able to enjoy your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. I am deeply sorry that the towels were never sent to your room or that the treadmill at the time of your stay was out of order. It is because of guests like yourself that we are able to see where we are weak and able to give that some attention and improve. Thank you again for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor, hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Honestly, this I one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in! The rooms were gorgeous and very clean, the complimentary breakfast was great! The best thing of all was the price! Definitely a great value!! Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed September 2013
We are so glad that you were able to have such a great experience during your stay with us! All of our departments try extremely hard to exceed in all areas. We do hope that you return to our hotel and we are able to match that same excellent past stay! Thank you again for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor, hope to see you again soon!