“Improving fare at this "Italian" restaurant”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Macaroni Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 379 Restaurants in Corona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Macaroni Grill has tried to be a little more upscale than it actually is, never really succeeding. But recently they have varied their menu in a positive way. A week ago I had the 3-course dinner of veal and pasta with salad and appetizer. It was quite good and surprisingly only $15! I would agree that service isn't always what it should be, but few restaurants have excellent service these days.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Went for a birthday dinner with friends. Let the hostess and server know (several times) that it was our friends birthday. Just looking for a "Happy Birthday" for our friend. Nope....never happened. Had to ask repeatedly for refills and more bread. The food was very average.
We'll be going somewhere else next time.....

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I started going here over three years ago. It's nice that when we either dine in or do take out, that they know you by name. The food is always fresh and they always give us time in between appetizers, salad and main course. My favorite is the Brazers.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here on a date with my wife and they fell down on every aspect of this visit. The visit should have been a showcase on a reality show about what not to do when running a restaurant. First off, the folks working the front desk were clueless and operating in a panic. Took forever to get anyone to wait on us and it's wasn't even super busy. Then the bread came and it took forever to find someone to ask to bring some balsamic vinaigrette to the table. When we finally got it, the waitress said they didn't have enough bottles to leave the balsamic vinaigrette at our table! Really!?!?!?! Then we ordered the calamari and what we get is a few pieces of calamari and the rest (about half the order) was just crumbs of breading. Then my order of chicken fettuccine alfredo came to the table with two pieces of chicken....no lie....there was two pieces of chicken in my chicken fettuccine alfredo! Another Really!! Manager tried to make it right by bringing us another order of calamari and bring me more pieces of chicken. To our disbelief, the calamari order was once again half crumbs of breading. This dinner was a disaster to say the least. We will not be back.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

They had a special, "Tastes of Italy" which came with your choice of salad or pasta, an appetiser, choice between two pasta dishes, and a main entre. My wife and I shared it, though we did order an extra salad. It was a lot of food and just right for the two of us. Plus they serve bread, olive oil and balsalmic vineger, which is my favorite part of the meal. We had the fetticini which must have been 500 calories by itself, it was so good. The main entre (I don't remember what it was called) had chicken in a lemon butter sauce with artichokes and mushrooms, etc...
To top it off we had salted caramel gelatto. Excellent! We LOVED IT!!!

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!