“Clean and convenient.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Corona, California
“Clean and convenient.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

I had my publisher visit from Van Nuys. A quick stop, utilitarian in nature. Offered was a quiet and exceptionally clean room for a good price. Completely respectable, very well designed and a good use of space. Will refer again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here 2 nights for softball tournament, and this hotel gave us a great softball association discount on room rate: $79 a night (included breakfast in hotel's dining area off lobby, free parking & free wireless Internet access).

Hotel is right next to the I-15 in Corona. You can hear the traffic from parking lot, but once inside hotel, you can't really hear traffic. The lobby decor is very calming, in hues of blue & green, clean with modern furniture. There was a line to check-in and only 1 person at front desk, but he was very friendly & told everyone he would be with us as soon as he could. Check-in was easy & smooth.

We had a 2-bed suite, which meant sleeping area was separated from living area by a wall. Sleeping area was standard in size, but it did include a nice-sized walk-in closet with extra pillows, iron & ironing board. Between sleeping & living areas was a flat-screen TV, which you could swivel to face either area, a great feature. I could still watch TV while my kid was sleeping, but light from TV screen was diverted away from sleeping area.

The living area wasn't huge. It was compact, but it included a desk & desk chair, a loveseat & chair, coffe table, wet bar, microwave & fridge. The loveseat was a full-sized sofa sleeper, so if you had to, you could sleep 6 in the room. Having the separate living area & desk was nice so I could conduct business while my kid slept.

I could see I-15 from our window, but did not hear traffic during the night. Door was a bit thin. I could hear the elevator ding (but not frequently), as well as people talking in the hallway. Beds & pillows were very comfy. Air conditioning was a bit loud, so I turned the thermostat up.

The bathroom was a decent size & very clean. Bath towels were a little thin, not plush. Vanity area was not huge, but sufficient.

Breakfast was ok with cereal, bagels, toast, danish, waffles, fruit (apples, bananas), yogurt. There is no meat on weekends. We had biscuits & gravy, which was just ok.

Saw (but didn't use) business center (computer), gym, pool & hot tub (both very small) & snack store (water, soda, candy, snacks). Staff members were very friendly, smiling & helpful.

I would definitely return. It was very clean, much quieter than I thought, and they offered the best rate around!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

I'm confused by negative comments below. The fact that one of them continued to refer to the hotel as the wrong name, makes me even question if they have the right hotel. Also not sure why someone would say it's not convenient, or in the middle of nowhere. You're LOOKING at the highway when you're outside, and there is a Walmart within 1/4 mile, and plenty of other establishments.

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, and we could NOT have been happier. The rooms are clean, updated, have seating areas. The decor is new and tasteful, breakfast selections were great, elevators were fast, and the hotel is locked, so you can only get in with your room card.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

We checked into this property for one night, on Sat. March, 20th. My Uncle and I received friendly check-in service from the front desk clerk - and we received a nice clean Suite (Room 404 w/two double beds and separate living area). It was very spacious and inviting with a small fridge and microwave. The Beds were signature 'Marriott Quality' sleeper beds, with lots of pillows!!! I used the Jacuzzi late into the evening - very relaxing. We checked out late (Per my MR Silver Elite) to go visit my 'Grandma Mae's' grave at Crestview Cemetery (March 21st was the two year anniversary of her passing - she left us 03-21-2008 age 91). The hotel was convenient to the cemetery and Norco, where my cousin lives. I will most certainly return. Five Claws!!! Joe G

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days on holidays. We had a great stay. The staff was very friendly and attentive. There was a good selection at the breakfast bar. We used the pool and jaccuzi almost every day, and had the place to ourselves. The rooms were very clean and well appointed, but the design was a bit cramped.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

The room was gorgeous, sparkling, eat-off-the-floor clean, very up to date and comfortable. The entire hotel was clean and pretty and the location is perfect. Right off the freeway and close to shopping centers. The staff was friendly and somewhat helpful. The only complaint I have is that when I checked in, I was immediatley charged for my room plus "incedentials" and not told about it. I was not a happy camper when I realized the extra $50 charged to my card, as we were traveling on a budget and needed that $50. I was also very unhappy that this was never mentioned to me once. My experience has been that you pay when checking out. I was told by the front desk that this charge will drop off my account and be replaced with the lower room charge in 3-5 business days. Which I was also not happy about. Had I known this before hand, I could have factored it into my budget.. Other than that, I was very happy with this hotel. I will stay here again, keeping in mind they way charge for your stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelStar104
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

I arrived at this hotel on Thursday 16th September 09 for two nights. I have been a Marriott rewards member for 15 years - but loyalty evidently only works one way! Well at least with the check in staff at this Springfield Suite!
We had just driven 4 hours from Vegas, and I was looking forward to checking in with my son as we had stayed at another new concept Springfield Suite in Henderson NV. My credit cards had to be blocked as they had been stolen and so we only had cash available, we were on the last two days of our vacation from Europe. The Lady from the previous Springfield Suites had rang ahead for me (I was there when she made the call) to explain our situation and we were told there would be no problem with a cash deposit and payment when we arrived at Corana Riverside. How wrong we were!
I was told that under no circumstances could they do that - I expalined the situation and that we had rang ahead to check. She said she didnt know what I was talking about and couldnt help. Dismissive ? you bet . I asked what I was to do as I had no other reservations didnt know the area, was tired from a 4 hour drive from Vegas and it was getting on for 8pm. Not that late - but it was getting dark, didnt know the area and my son was waiting in the car - if it has just been me I could have slept in the car if I had to, but was concerned about him and where we would stay. I explained I had been a Marriott rewards member for over 15 years - they had my address all my details and my credit card detials but of course they were blocked, so forget my loylalty -credit card or nothing! I was armed with drivers id passport and several hundred $'s but the answer was still NO. I was told to 'try the Holiday Inn' up the street............thanks a lot,I didnt even know where it was! NO offer to ring Marriott customer service or other hotels in the area who would accept a cash deposit. I really felt let down. Evidently there was no one else there....and it was more than 'her job was worth'.....shame on you! I will be writing to Marriott customer service and the manager of this hotel who was unavailable. My advice- stay elsewhere and avoid the 'jobs worth' check in lady here! We did find another major hotel chain who, I have no rewards/loyalty program with, who were more than happy to accpet our 'cash'! Marriot usually good - but not at the Spingfield Suites Corona Riverside CA :-(

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank pacificwest6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona
Residence Inn Corona Riverside
Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside
BEST WESTERN Corona
BEST WESTERN Corona
#5 of 14 in Corona
Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East

Been to SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside? Share your experiences!