“"A very nice stay...room 404"”

SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We checked into this property for one night, on Sat. March, 20th. My Uncle and I received friendly check-in service from the front desk clerk - and we received a nice clean Suite (Room 404 w/two double beds and separate living area). It was very spacious and inviting with a small fridge and microwave. The Beds were signature 'Marriott Quality' sleeper beds, with lots of pillows!!! I used the Jacuzzi late into the evening - very relaxing. We checked out late (Per my MR Silver Elite) to go visit my 'Grandma Mae's' grave at Crestview Cemetery (March 21st was the two year anniversary of her passing - she left us 03-21-2008 age 91). The hotel was convenient to the cemetery and Norco, where my cousin lives. I will most certainly return. Five Claws!!! Joe G

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside

Reviewed December 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days on holidays. We had a great stay. The staff was very friendly and attentive. There was a good selection at the breakfast bar. We used the pool and jaccuzi almost every day, and had the place to ourselves. The rooms were very clean and well appointed, but the design was a bit cramped.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The room was gorgeous, sparkling, eat-off-the-floor clean, very up to date and comfortable. The entire hotel was clean and pretty and the location is perfect. Right off the freeway and close to shopping centers. The staff was friendly and somewhat helpful. The only complaint I have is that when I checked in, I was immediatley charged for my room plus "incedentials" and not told about it. I was not a happy camper when I realized the extra $50 charged to my card, as we were traveling on a budget and needed that $50. I was also very unhappy that this was never mentioned to me once. My experience has been that you pay when checking out. I was told by the front desk that this charge will drop off my account and be replaced with the lower room charge in 3-5 business days. Which I was also not happy about. Had I known this before hand, I could have factored it into my budget.. Other than that, I was very happy with this hotel. I will stay here again, keeping in mind they way charge for your stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelStar104
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I arrived at this hotel on Thursday 16th September 09 for two nights. I have been a Marriott rewards member for 15 years - but loyalty evidently only works one way! Well at least with the check in staff at this Springfield Suite!
We had just driven 4 hours from Vegas, and I was looking forward to checking in with my son as we had stayed at another new concept Springfield Suite in Henderson NV. My credit cards had to be blocked as they had been stolen and so we only had cash available, we were on the last two days of our vacation from Europe. The Lady from the previous Springfield Suites had rang ahead for me (I was there when she made the call) to explain our situation and we were told there would be no problem with a cash deposit and payment when we arrived at Corana Riverside. How wrong we were!
I was told that under no circumstances could they do that - I expalined the situation and that we had rang ahead to check. She said she didnt know what I was talking about and couldnt help. Dismissive ? you bet . I asked what I was to do as I had no other reservations didnt know the area, was tired from a 4 hour drive from Vegas and it was getting on for 8pm. Not that late - but it was getting dark, didnt know the area and my son was waiting in the car - if it has just been me I could have slept in the car if I had to, but was concerned about him and where we would stay. I explained I had been a Marriott rewards member for over 15 years - they had my address all my details and my credit card detials but of course they were blocked, so forget my loylalty -credit card or nothing! I was armed with drivers id passport and several hundred $'s but the answer was still NO. I was told to 'try the Holiday Inn' up the street............thanks a lot,I didnt even know where it was! NO offer to ring Marriott customer service or other hotels in the area who would accept a cash deposit. I really felt let down. Evidently there was no one else there....and it was more than 'her job was worth'.....shame on you! I will be writing to Marriott customer service and the manager of this hotel who was unavailable. My advice- stay elsewhere and avoid the 'jobs worth' check in lady here! We did find another major hotel chain who, I have no rewards/loyalty program with, who were more than happy to accpet our 'cash'! Marriot usually good - but not at the Spingfield Suites Corona Riverside CA :-(

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank pacificwest6
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Great place, perfect complimentary breakfast.
We stayed here for one night and we surely go back if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Patje69
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Marriott has done it again! I had never stayed in a Springhill Suites before, but after this one, I will look forward to staying in one again. This hotel was only a few months old and still had that "new car smell". Super clean, super nice staff, free breakfast, free internet and a great location. When you arrive, you will really be surprised at the decor. REALLY COOL! The layout of the room was great. Work area, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, sink,sofa and flat panel TV. The lady at the front desk, Phyllis, was THE BEST!! If I had to come up with a negative, it would be the noiise from the freeway. Not bad, but it is in the background.
Keep it up Mr. Marriott, you have another winner!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FasTxn
Reviewed April 25, 2009

When we stayed there it was just a few days old. The lady that checked us in was very up-beat and friendly. The rooms are nicely appointed and is overall a good value.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple